Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Home Games /

We need your feedback Please post

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 12:35 PM
(#41)
Since: Aug 2010
I think in home games the club owner should be able to create any tournament format with any buy in level that is available on Poker Stars.

I also think that home games should not have a rake but a low monthly fee maybe $10.

The home game owner should be able to decide whether the games will have rake or not.

And the home game owner should be allowed to collect that rake to use towards the monthly fee and or towards their home game promotions.

There is alot more detail I can add but I have not put enough thought into it just keeping it simple right now.

Last edited by pokerstar671; Wed Feb 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#42)
Since: Jul 2010
Christopher,
Are these posts still being communicated with the Home Games team at PokerStars?
This thread was started by the old PSO-Staff and without ever seeing one post here from PokerStars or PSO, one has to wonder if they're being read, or would it be better to send emails to the Ideas or Home Games team.
Thanks.

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
(#43)
Since: Sep 2011
PlatinumStar
Hey Dan,

everything is communicated but everyone can send his ideas/suggestions to PokerStars at anytime aswell!

Regards

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Upping the number of allowed home games - Thu Feb 23, 2012, 03:39 AM
(#44)
Hi,

Can you please up the number of home games you can be a member of?

The limit is currently 10.

Can you make it 15 since you are adding the PSO as having its own home game now.

or even 12?

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration

Morgan

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
(#45)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganhell's View Post
Hi,
Can you please up the number of home games you can be a member of?
Morgan
Hi Morgan,

You could certainly email support@pokerstars.com to see if it is possible to join more than 10 Home Games.

I do know that the reason it is capped at 10 is that Pokerstars want to encourage players to actively participate in the home games that they are already a member of before joining additional ones.

Remember that most clubs have a restricted membership of 100 and having players that don't use the club regularly might take a place in that club away from someone who would participate more frequently.

Again, you can always email support to see if it's possible.

Raiser

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Paul - Community Coordinator

Old
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 04:00 AM
(#46)
I was just thinking that since they have so many showcase home games, and pro home games that pop up before you even log in and their membership numbers are not capped that this would apply to the PSO home game.

So, you are the PSO home games capped at 100 members?

thanks,
Morgan

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
(#47)
Since: Feb 2012
Could I suggest making the process on how to join a home game clearer in this forum somewhere.

A combination of procrastination and not finding clear instructions meant it took me more than a month to figure out you needed a downloaded add on to the PS program.

Could be others are hamstrung by the same combination.

Old
Fri Mar 30, 2012, 07:11 PM
(#48)
I would like to see a club bankroll, where either we can donate into or,each buyin has an identical amount to the entry fee get paid into , which can be used in home game team games against other home game lobbies, or used as prize pools etc for bounties or similar

Old
Fri Mar 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
(#49)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morganhell's View Post
I was just thinking that since they have so many showcase home games, and pro home games that pop up before you even log in and their membership numbers are not capped that this would apply to the PSO home game.

So, you are the PSO home games capped at 100 members?

thanks,
Morgan
Hi Morgan,

I know this is already known, but no the membership is not capped at 100 members in the PSO Community club (current membership stands at 251)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergul View Post
Could I suggest making the process on how to join a home game clearer in this forum somewhere.

A combination of procrastination and not finding clear instructions meant it took me more than a month to figure out you needed a downloaded add on to the PS program.

Could be others are hamstrung by the same combination.
Hi jergul,

There is no add on needed, the PokerStars Home Games are a part of the regular software client. Instructions on how to create a club, join a club, etc, can be found on PS website here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/home-games/faq/

The details for joining the PSO Community Club specifically are here: PSO Commmunity Club

Hope this helps,
Dave

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Dave - Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 03:00 AM
(#50)
"I know this is already known, but no the membership is not capped at 100 members in the PSO Community club (current membership stands at 251)"

Hi,
Thank you.
Last I had heard,it was capped at 100. Guess I missed the update.
take care,
Morgan

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 07:19 AM
(#51)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer)
Nope, the PSO club was given a larger cap immediately due to the nature of the club, it didn't start at 100 like home game clubs normally do.

Dave

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Dave - Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Simple "Real Time" Chat Room - Sat Jul 07, 2012, 05:59 AM
(#52)
Since: Sep 2011
This Forum could easily set up a "Real Time" chat room by just opening a Home Games club (that did NOT play any poker games) and keeping the code secret (for forum members only.)

The "Wall" then becomes a real time chat room.

PokerStars tried to do about the same thing with SCOOP2012. But they made the code public, and eventually the Wall has become a bulletin board for soliciting new club members, play chips and even real money.

When SCOOP2012 began I was fortunate enough to get in on nice chats with Adrienne Rowsome and Chris Moneymaker. I missed out on Barry Greenstein.

So if you were to get something really good going special guests might be a possibility.

I would think you would want the club administrators to be PokerStars staff members.

Thanks.

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 02:11 PM
(#53)
really need to drink more coffee before coming into this place :P

Last edited by joker41673; Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 02:37 PM..

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 02:18 PM
(#54)
New year, new suggestions.

1. Give club managers a chat filter button to turn off the censorship of chat in the club.

2. Since Pokerstars has made hyperturbo playchip SNGs with two minute blinds I think homeclubs should have the same.

Last edited by joker41673; Sun Jan 06, 2013 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: punctuation

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 02:33 PM
(#55)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post

1. Give club managers a chat filter button to turn off the censorship of chat in the club.

2. Since Pokerstars has made hyperturbo playchip SNGs with two minute blinds I think homeclubs should have the same.

Hi joker41673,

As always it's a good idea to forward these suggestions to ideas@pokerstars.com

Thanks for posting!

Raiser

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 02:38 PM
(#56)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
wrong section

thought this would be for homeclub suggestions since it's stickied at the top but alas i was wrong and this is just a special thread for YOUR club.

So hold on, this IS the suggestions thread but you were allowed to permanently take it off topic and highjack it for yourselves?

Seriously though, why is this even allowed? It's against forum rules and you have Mods in here allowing it. Every comment that has to do with the PSO homeclub needs to be removed and placed into it's OWN THREAD.

It's this kind of blatant disregard for rules and your forum members that has left many with a distaste and lack of respect for the moderating team here.
I completely dis-agree with you here Joker.

The PSO Home Game Club wasn't mentioned in this thread until post #46 and even then ONLY as a result of another members question.

Raiser

Old
Sun Jan 06, 2013, 02:54 PM
(#57)
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
I completely dis-agree with you here Joker.

The PSO Home Game Club wasn't mentioned in this thread until post #46 and even then ONLY as a result of another members question.

Raiser

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that as now I'm on my 3rd cup for the morning and the caffeine is finally kicking in.

As for your post above this, does it really matter where we voice our suggestions? It seems either way we are rarely heard. I liked the old and short lived method of someone from staff or pokerstars showing up and replying so we could know that we were acknowledged and every member in this forum had a chance to voice in as well.