Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground /

Grade b's 2012 Goals

Old
Grade b's 2012 Goals - Tue Dec 20, 2011, 12:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
This is a copy of what i posted in Sandtrap777 forum post to follow along and set your own goals see here.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...073#post319073

My poker diet For January 2012.

1. I will actually stick to some idea of bankroll management.
MTT's 100 buy in's
SnG's 25 buy in's
Cash following xxFlixxs rules
2NL $80
5NL $200* (I am starting here)
10NL $400 - Shot at $240
25NL $1000
50NL $2000

(and no i don't actual expect to up in this levels during Jan but i hope to follow same rules for the whole year.)

2. Study
I will study 8 hours of Video and or Live training this month.
I will read / Study (Harrington on holdem volume 1)

3. Play
I will play at least ..
8MTT's this month
100 SnG's of the same level - (Level to be determined on Jan 1st)
20 hours of ring games Hold 'em
4 hours of ring games Omaha

4. Review
Each week I will review...
2 MTT's (if played)
2 Sn'G's
2 ring sessions
Where possible one winning and one losing

Grade b.

Big Thanks to sandtrap777 for getting me in motion.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 03:29 AM
(#2)
Ok so i know its not Jan yet but no time like the present

I decided on 1.50 sit and go's
so far 6 played and profit of $11.92 woohoo.

Currently on chapter 3 of my book.

have started playing Knockouts as part of the 1.50 level and just noticing hope loose they are.

maybe its a glich but in 3 games nocked out 10 players for extra $2.70 and this was still playing my same nitty ABC tag game. last game no knock outs and blinded to push /fold mode crushed by KK.

ok off to watch some tv more later

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 04:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
(Supermoderator, Hand Analyzer)
Good luck and may 2012 be a very profitable year for you at the tables!

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Cannon - Supermoderator, Hand Analyzer, Podcast Host

Find me on: Facebook & Twitter

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 03:44 PM
(#4)
ty cannonlee with PSO's help i feel good about the upcoming year.

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I like the review step. There is a lot to be learned there, a good way to find leaks.

Old
Fri Dec 23, 2011, 11:43 PM
(#6)
A review of Two STT's
so I figured it was time to give STT's another go. I read in the PSO forums that the knockout format can be quite soft. So I fired up one "normal" and one knock out.

(I also had an MTT playing for a total of 3 tables)

So I played both formats in the same manner. I think!

So first off the knock out, you get a bonus of 27cents if you knock someone out.
Early on i made a note of the VPIP stats at the table. 48, 52, 5(me), 43, 43, 57, 5. This was towards the end of level 3. As you can see two players have been eliminated already.
The preflop action in this early hand (the first I played) was pretty typical to this point. Notice the two limpers before I act.

Now normally I would raise more with two limpers but didn't want to bloat the pot too much with what after all is a moderate holding out of position.
I decided i should put my nitty tight image to good use and play a few hands I normally would not play.

However this is something that can get you in trouble. Note the attempted bluff...

ok so got lucky which is always nice,
very next hand same cards same result..

now I know I have 66 both hands but I feel much better about the second one given the two relative stack sizes.

we played 3 handed for nearly 30 hands until

which pretty much sealed the deal for me, I went on to win the game and collect 5 bounties (4 knock outs plus my own)

On to the reg STT
VPIP Stats at the same time in the game
17,5 (me), 20, 27,14,30
So although the table is playing tighter we have actually lost one extra player.
My first hand (i played)was a BBS

I have no idea what Slapgore was thing in this hand I can only assume he misread his hand.

He did get some revenge very next BB though

However given the big calling station I had marked him as I nearly folded to his re-raise pre-flop, but decided I could risk some chips and hope to hit big as he would then spew his stack my way. But when I missed time to go away.
Ever have one of those hands when your opponent just doesn't want to go away?

Interestingly at this point the table tighten up (bubble effect) and i stole lots of pots uncontested.
it was all looking rosy after the bubble broke until one villain finally picked up a hand, now is that fair?

I managed to hand about and get heads up finally losing and taking second place.

Conclusion
Both games were similar, and defiantly beatable by playing simple ABC Tag style poker. I attempted a few steals I didn't need to try, but at the same time as we got towards the bubble stealing was defiantly profitable. I shall be trying some more of these soon

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 28, 2011, 07:02 PM
(#7)
ok so heres the scoop so far,

science 22nd dec played

77 sit and gos 1.50 by ins $27.14 up, ITM 48%, ROI 23.5%

cash 1959 hands at 5cent level down $7.66

watched one video attended 3 live trainings still on chapter one of book.

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 03, 2012, 11:32 PM
(#8)
I noticed these were being moved to challenges forum, is that true for everyone posting 2012 goals and updates?

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 03, 2012, 11:50 PM
(#9)
Humm bad start to January,

Played 29 sit and gos at 1.50 level - $8.87

played an hour of 2c table games (due to some poor BRM in Dec (tut tut)) $-0.50

4 MTT's -$1.65
1 x 2.20 - out in 3000th

2 x 1.10 - cashed in one

so down 11 bucks in 2 days. Time to read some more of that darn book....

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 04, 2012, 12:24 AM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2010
Good luck hope u do well. I have 1 goal and that is to see a month with + Profit

Old
Sun Jan 08, 2012, 06:11 PM
(#11)
Ok after a bit of soul searching i have decided to divide up my Bankroll.

So after yesterdays games it stands as follows

Sit and go's - $156.81 - will complete current run of 100 1.50's then try some 3.50's

cash - $100.58 - Sticking with 1/2 cent level

other MTT (home games) $23.01.

Will update as i remember.

Oh and about 1/2 way though book - got a play book for christmas and read it while Leanne is shopping

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Jan 12, 2012, 11:24 PM
(#12)
So far
BR - STT's -185.06 cash games 101.74 other- 25.19.

total BR -$311.99

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Fri Jan 13, 2012 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: i can't add up

Old
Sun Jan 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
(#13)
BR update

SnG's - 217.81
Cash - 102.05

Other - 26.59

finished HoH some interesting points in there. Good examples

Playing 1/2 omaha full ring games as well as 3.50 STT and just started on the 27 man tables played 3 so far. Out first hand in first one with a flush draw , my bad.

5th in next and 1st in third.

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 22, 2012, 12:23 AM
(#14)
not a great week !!!

Added 10 to BR (to play the promo)

current Roll
SnG - $177.91
ring games - $99.25
other (includes the extra 10 ) $28.67

some normal variance here i think although my other is shrinking faster than i was hoping i may have to stop playing the big $2.20.

currently 486th in open league

ok bring on the next week.....

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sun Jan 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: adding place in open.

Old
Sun Jan 22, 2012, 12:30 AM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Good luck next week!

Old
Mon Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 AM
(#16)
ty paniky

Actually had quite a stable week. Min you played far less poker with no attempts at Cowboys challange this week

SnG's - $180.67
cash games - $94.34
Other - $27.01

Drunk tank - currntly 2nd on leader board
PSO open currently 228 (but that will go down when my 2900 ish finish goes through from today's 5pm game dang it!!

so Jan is not over till Tues / Wed and i'll add a finally total plus some thoughts on the month then.

hmmm Feb goals........best get a thinking cap on.

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Feb's Goals - Mon Jan 30, 2012, 01:37 AM
(#17)
February goals 1.1
MTT's 100 buy in's
SnG's 25 buy in's
2NL $80
6NL $240
10NL $400 - Shot at $240
12NL $480
25NL $1000
50NL $2000

(and no i don't actual expect to up in this levels during Jan but i hope to follow same rules for the whole year.)

2. Study
I will read / Study (Harrington on holdem volume 2)

3. Play
I will play at

SnG - Starting BR for Feb - $317.27
$6.25 for Double up challenge - which I started in Jan
reserve $6.25 to try to complete 100 games
$2.50 for 100 360 10 c games
$ 80 for $1.50 games will play 3.50 STT's games when if hits $140
$200 for cash
remainder for MTT's home games ect...$...22.27
Total bankroll in start of Feb

Trying the new Cowboy double up challenge Starting at the 25c games

I will play $1.50 bounty games till

4. Review
Each week ON MONDAY I will review...

2 Sn'G's
2 ring sessions

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 10:26 PM..

Old
review of Jan - Mon Jan 30, 2012, 02:30 AM
(#18)
My poker diet For January 2012 Review.

MTT's 100 buy in's
SnG's 25 buy in's
2NL $80
10NL $400 - Shot at $240
25NL $1000
50NL $2000

I almost did but in the last week got very frustrated with the fact I was basically dead level. On Friday I tilted and played over my limit lucky for me i didn't blow it all.
Part of the reason is poker is one of my fun things to do after a stressful day at work. Any advice on this point would be gratefully received.
On the plus side i did stick to the rules for MTT's and SnG's

2. Study
I will read / Study (Harrington on holdem volume 1)

I actually did this one I'm shocked. I Like the book and lets fact it i enjoy the trainings anyway. I have missed a few this month cos i've been playing opps!!!

3. Play
I will play at least ..
8MTT's this month
100 SnG's of the same level - (Level to be determined on Jan 1st)
20 hours of ring games Hold 'em
4 hours of ring games Omaha

I did this and was a lot of fun, 3 days to go i know but ... Mtt's i'm losing money, now I didn't play lots but on hang on hmmm. actually I'm being hard on myself. I played the second $55 Omaha ticket in Jan and won some cash, but in my regular games not so good.

Cash games 33 hours of hold em and $7.39 in the Black
Omaha - 12 hours and $4.64 in the red.
SnG - 177 games and $8.37 in the red

other mix of home games MTT's and 8 -Game. $25.93 in the black
4. Review
Each week I will review...
2 MTT's (if played)
2 Sn'G's
2 ring sessions
opps! I did about half of this so in Feb I will play the tank and every other week the Prem if i make it, but no other till review is done.

Other - Firstly a big Tank you to Sandtrap after all this is his idea. I have never followed my own poker playing as closely as I did this month. But its more than that, he has railed my MOTW games and other games. He always is positive and not afraid to give good advice.

So this has been a weird month of poker for me I'm up at the end of the month! true I did deposit 10 bucks (and may again in Feb) but that gave me access to the 100K freerolls).

I actually concentrated on the Open League and currently sit at 232nd place as I write this.

I was lucky enough to be accepted into 4 new home games Drunk tank , Drunk tank 2, bankroll builders and Heads up poker league. The play is intense I was worried that I would not play well for play money in the Drunk Tank but i have to be honest I really concentrate in this games (mostly) because the players there are of the highest level and I want to beat them. I was a bit shocked mid way through the month to find I'd been put on some poor souls team and that honestly scared me a bit. I'd hate to let the side down. M.bisland's new Bankroll builders has been fun even if he does have his games at 4pm!! The Tank 2 plays Friday nights and best i can say is thank heavens i have finished last yet!!! (soon i'm sure)

This brings me to the part of the month I haven't liked. The 'fight' in the forum with management. I'm new, I get that, I don't see a problem with the forum. At the moment I see an old boys club (sorry ladies) that I am not a part of trying to keep a hold of how things were in the good old days. As I newer member I feel cut off from that, not by the mods, or management but by the members themselves. Over the weekend I gave some serious consideration to quitting the forums for a while, why because PSO isn't giving me enough free money, no because I don't enjoy reading all the negative posts. The worst part for me as an outsider was the 'welcome' a new Hand analyzer received at the hands of "the old boys club". I get it you don't like it! Pokerstars isn't giving you enough free money, but why take it out on a person who just turned up?

I have said it before and may well say it again, You guys could probably start your own forum if you want. You just need some server space. I don't know, i really don't I'm probably way off base, I would guess you guys have some genuine complaints, but the way you present them it's not always that obvious. I'm sorry I missed out on that era, I hope you get some of what you would like (not sure what that is), but i am sure trying to start a fight with the newest guy is not the way to get it. Again (yes roomik17 it's the I'm disabled card I know(Its funny I don't consider myself disabled but at the same time i must pee off a lot of folks who read my posts ) I have a learning disability, I'm bloody awful at the written word, so I may have completely missed the point / be way off base. But for every negative thing I have read I know 6 genuine people who are interested enough to want to help me improve. So I shall stay.

Grade b

Sextuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Wed Feb 01, 2012 at 10:21 PM..

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 03:58 AM
(#19)
Since: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.bisland View Post
good luck hope u do well. I have 1 goal and that is to see a month with + profit
$113

Old
Wed Feb 01, 2012, 06:00 AM
(#20)
sweet m.

nice one

Sextuple Bracelet Winner