Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Home Games /

EPC Poker Leagues Season IV Team Play Sign Up

Old
EPC Poker Leagues Season IV Team Play Sign Up - Sun Dec 25, 2011, 02:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2011
BronzeStar

The Season IV Draft is now complete. We'll be holding a Waiver Draft about 2 or 3 weeks
into the season for players that missed the Season IV Sign Up and want to try team poker.

For draft results, waiver draft info, and someinfo about team poker,
go to to the Team Play page @ www.epcpokerleagues.yolasite.com

Also, check out About EPC Poker Leagues (Thread from this message board)

Some of the changes and new features we will be seeing at EPC Poker Leagues following the current Season:

Scoring
An explanation of the new scoring, with comparisons to the old/current scoring, can be found HERE

Divisions Champs and the EPC PokerBowl
It looks like we will be adding a couple teams, bringing the total to 10. The standings will be split up into two 5 team divisions; Ungar and Negreanu. Teams will be placed in divisions based on the previous seasons final rankings, with the odd numbered ranked teams in the Ungar Division and even numbered ranked teams in the Negreanu Division. The team with the most points at the end of the season will be the season champs, just like before, but the two division champs, plus 2 wildcards (the teams w/ the 3rd and 4th most points), will face off in a divisional playoff followed by EPC PokerBowl I. The playoffs and PokerBowl will be determined by a variety of yet to be determined poker games and tournaments; H2H matches, STT's, MTT's etc. It should be a lot of fun and also interesting to see if the regular season champs can win the PokerBowl, or if maybe a 4 seed can spring the upset. And hopefully there will be more PRIZES to be won. Just to be clear: The team with the most points after the 10 week season will be the official Season IV Champion. The playoffs and PokerBowl are just a special event meant for added fun, competition and prize opps....EPC Poker Leagues Inc. assumes no responsibility for any altercations due to excessive bravado and/or bragging after the EPC PokerBowl.

League MVP
We have come up with a "formula" for a true League MVP. The League MVP will be named approximately 1 week after the season ends. After Season III we will also name the Season I and Season II MVP's retroactively. Note: alamoterror won what is now called the EPC Top Gun in Season I when it was called MVP. Fear not, he isn't going to be asked to return The Bracelet....it was well earned.

Rookie of the Year
Awarded to the best new player in Team Play. There is no prize given for this award, other than a pat on the back and an "atta boy", which is plenty if you ask me.

Champions League
Yep, that's right....we are going to have a Champions League. Some of you that have been around a while may remember the old Champions League that ran on Thursday Nights. This is going to be very similar. Details are still being worked out, there will be a post soon about qualifying, scheduling and how it's going to work.

New sponsorship and bigger prizes
Including a chance to Win a Trip (or other big prize) in a Final Tournament. Please note that I am not making any promises here. I have been hounding, poking, prodding and haranguing relentlessly in an effort to get us some "worthwhile" prizes and it appears as though there has finally been a breakthrough. This is a painfully slow process though so don't hold your breath. One thing I can tell you on this is that with or without a "grand" prize we are probably going forward with a reboot of Sunday Qualifiers and a Final Tournament. Details forthcoming.

So that is just some of the new features coming to EPC Poker Leagues. Yeah, there's more, but I'm done typing for a while...

Thanks for playing....it's fun

Tony T
EPC Poker Leagues

Last edited by i luv 2Jo; Fri Jan 20, 2012 at 03:37 PM..

Old
Bump - Thu Dec 29, 2011, 11:41 AM
(#2)
BronzeStar
Edited

Old
bump - Sun Jan 01, 2012, 02:31 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar

Old