Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Live Training /

TheLangolier Training: Feedback, FAQ, and Discussion Thread

Old
Mon Mar 19, 2012, 10:04 PM
(#41)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer)
Hi all,

Join me in just under 3 hours time for a member review of PSOer chillipops playing in a .10c 360-man. I expect to see tables that are loose and crazy, let's see how chillipops fares!

>>Register Here<<

See you there!

Dave

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Dave - Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Mar 20, 2012, 08:35 PM
(#42)
Since: Jan 2010
Despite the little buy-in and the fact that seem almost a lottery (specially in the early phase) I really enjoy the live session last night and I even manage to use same tips from the lesson for my own adjustment in MTTs.

After the coaching I played the event-44 and finish ITM ... just a coincidence?

Thank you Dave for the lovely lesson (and ofc to Chilli to provide his HHs)

TYVM

Old
Wed Mar 21, 2012, 10:58 PM
(#43)
Great kiro, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to hear it helped!

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 21, 2012, 11:02 PM
(#44)
Hey all,

I am canceling tonight's session "Play of Hands - Large Pots #4". I have been under the weather for almost a week now and my throat/voice is not cooperating today, so it's better to cancel rather than try to push through with a bad sounding voice and wreck my throat more. I will rest it up, sip hot tea with lemon and honey as my Monday night group recommended, and with some luck be back for tomorrow's member review.

I will run the Play of Hands - Large Pots #4 at a future date.

Thanks,
Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 01:21 AM
(#45)
Hi all,

Tonight's class is a go, we are doing a member review of PSO member Pr0teus in satellite action. Remember anyone can join as a viewer, it's not restricted any more. >>Register Here<<

See you there!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
live training 22.03.2012 - Fri Mar 23, 2012, 03:24 AM
(#46)
Since: Jan 2010
Lost the connection just in the end of the live training without have the possibility to thanks Dave for the great lesson.

In fact, Im going to do it right now on here

Thanks Dave for the excellent lesson!

Old
Fri Mar 23, 2012, 07:42 AM
(#47)
Thanks kiro, glad you enjoyed it! There were some great spots that came up, looking forward to Part 2 of Pr0teus' satellite next week!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 29, 2012, 01:39 AM
(#48)
Hi all,

In about 20 minutes we'll be doing a review of PSO member Mailier at 25nl 6-max, hope to see you there! Remember there is no VPP restriction on joining as a viewer. >>Register Here<<

Hope to see you there!

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Mar 30, 2012, 01:59 AM
(#49)
Hi All,

In just about 1 hour we will be doing the second part of a 25 Euro satellite review with PSO member Pr0teus, you can >>Register Here<<

See you there!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 04, 2012, 11:29 PM
(#50)
zooooooooooooom!

Hi all,

Join me in about 2.5 hours for my ZOOM! Theory class! We'll introduce the Zoom product, discuss strategy adjustments and tips, and get you ready to play this fun and exciting brand of poker profitably! You can >>Register Here!<<

See you there!

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 06, 2012, 01:42 AM
(#51)
Hi All,

In about 20 minutes we'll be having our team meeting from The Full Ring vs. 6-max Challenge. Come join us as we review our team stats and look at a few interesting hands. You can >>Register Here<<

See you there!

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 11:26 PM
(#52)
Hi all,

Part 2 of a 45-man member review with Roland GTX starts in about 2.5 hours, registration opens in 30 minutes. You can >Register Here<

Hope to see you there!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 10, 2012, 12:54 PM
(#53)
Since: Jan 2012
(Hand Analyzer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi all,

Part 2 of a 45-man member review with Roland GTX starts in about 2.5 hours, registration opens in 30 minutes. You can >Register Here<

Hope to see you there!
Thanks for the eye opener last night Langolier!

I was looking at my high blind stats in HEM this morning and see that I do remain in the ultra tight zone whenever I have a big stack, both in the 3/45 turbos as well as in the 2/180 turbos. If I am not the chipleader, I do open up my shoving and calling ranges as you suggested.

I also noticed that I missed several opportunities as a result of multitabling. The more limited my reads become, the tighter I play.

I'll play the next few hundred tourneys following your advice and with fewer tables open. I'll let you know if there is a noticeable difference in my results.

Thanks again for the lesson

Roland GTX

PS: I'm sorry I missed out on the Team Full Ring session... Easter vacation. Although with my idiot approach to Zoom, perhaps it's best I wasn't there to here you cringe every time I folded to a c-bet...

Old
Thu Apr 12, 2012, 02:44 AM
(#54)
Come join me in 15 minutes for a special play of hands session, Large Pots #4, where we will be looking at navigating some large pot situations in 6-max cash games!

See you there!

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 02:05 AM
(#55)
Join me in just under an hour for a member review with PSO member Natalie3107 in 2NL Full Ring action. In part 1 today we will be looking at some of the big pots Natalie played, and in part 2 next week we'll be doing a stats review. You can register for part 1 >>Here<<

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 16, 2012, 11:26 PM
(#56)
Hey all,

Join me tonight at 20:00ET for the first part of a member review of PSO member Polar Beard in a .10c 360-man. These .10c buy in games are CRAZY, so we should see some wild stuff and it's a great chance to talk about how to adjust to those. Registration page is >>Here<<

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
(#57)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
tonight at 20:00ET
Tch. 20:00 ET (Extra-Terrestrial?) happens to be 2AM Terrestrial here :/

Old
Thanks to all who commented my session review! - Tue Apr 17, 2012, 03:57 AM
(#58)
Since: Sep 2010
I really feel fortunate that Dave have chose to review my noob self in this penny buy-in tournament. Thanks too to the players for their comment. I will be there for sure next week. What is really valuable for me is that when Dave or a classmate notices a mistake that I made, it is alot more concrete than one found in an other member's review. I am not asking myself "do I make the same mistake in that spot?"

Anyway, I quickly sent a private message to Dave right after the session because for the last 10 minutes, my browser was completely frozen. I was able to hear, but nothing would happen when I tried to type. I was completely panicked as questions were addressed to me, everyone was thanking Dave, and I was there, unable to answer or to show appreciation. I just wanted to make sure that you guys didn't think I just left without even having the decency to thank you you all or to answer to the question.

To the pleasure to see y'all next week and hopefully the horrendous pile of electronic waist that I use to navigate the web holds to the end of the session!

Sincerly,

Polar Beard

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 02:26 AM
(#59)
Hi all,

Join me in about 35 minutes for the first installment of my new series, "You Make the Call!". In this series I will take you through select hands and we will discuss as a group how to proceed and why in detail at each decision point before seeing what the hero actually did. 25NL will be featured in tonight's class. >>Register Here<<

Hope to see there!

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
(#60)
Hi all,

Tonight's class (Part 2 of a member review with Natalie3107 - Stats Analysis) we are going to be reviewing Natalie's stats in Hold'em Manager and looking for potential leaks or spots for improvement. This should be an informative class for everyone as it will open up ideas for all who wish to do their own self-reviews in their stat tracker (which I highly recommend everyone be doing, but many don't know where to begin or what to look for really). It's Part 2 but last week in Part 1 we looked at some of the bigger pots Natalie played so as it was simply a hand play review tonight's Part 2 is really independent of last week's session and you can attend without having missed anything crucial to what we'll be covering.

Hope to see you there!

Dave

Double Bracelet Winner