Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Home Games /

Pokerschoolonline Community Home Game

Old
Pokerschoolonline Community Home Game - Wed Feb 22, 2012, 04:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello all,

A new Home Game has been created for the Members of our Community.

All new and old members are welcome to join and some very exciting events are planned for the coming months for all members, including our friends in the US.

Please use this thread to have a chat about the games and give some feedback and ideas about the club.

Details of joining the club are below.

Club ID: 606097
Invitational Code: psoclub2014

Raiser

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Paul - Community Coordinator

Last edited by royalraise85; Sun Jan 19, 2014 at 10:44 PM.. Reason: Up Dating

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 04:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
As Americans can play, I presume these are "play money" games ?

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 04:59 PM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
As Americans can play, I presume these are "play money" games ?
The games that are set up at the minute are Real Money games but play money games will be included and announced here! As we said, some very exciting events are planned!

Raiser

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
opps my bad....hiccup

when the title said Community Home Game......l was thinking you were going to say drunk tank 1, where are americans friends could always play, right from the start of black friday....hiccup

Then l started thinking the ko tourney they are having now is done in the drunk tank 2 every friday for a very long time now.....weird eh....hiccup

and drunk tank 3 is starting to set up a monthly tourament...hiccup

just way too funny...hiccup

Glad to see you girls and guys are working for the Community,

cheers

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 05:41 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
dammm
You are fast eff
You said EXACTLY what I was going to say

They don't take our suggestions, they take our ideas once they are in place and working

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 05:48 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Yes the Drunk Tank is a wonderful place and I'm proud to be a member of it.

Starting a home game for the community is not stealing an idea......... it's just a genuine, sincere and nice gesture to offer our community.

I'm not going to answer further on this just to say that this thread needs to be kept on topic and I thank you for co-operating fully with that.

Regards,

Raiser

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 07:58 PM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2013
yes you can

Old
Mon Apr 15, 2013, 08:19 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
thanks and good luck

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 01:18 AM
(#9)
Since: May 2012
SilverStar
do i understud corectly, that it dose not matter in wich leaderboard you win ( play money or real ) you will get tickets any way?

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 01:40 AM
(#10)
(Super-Moderator, Hand Analyzer)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Tamis View Post
do i understud corectly, that it dose not matter in wich leaderboard you win ( play money or real ) you will get tickets any way?
Hi A Tamis!

Only the cash one awards tickets.

John (JWK24)

Team PokerSchoolOnline - John - Super Moderator, Hand Analyzer

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 16, 2013, 02:51 AM
(#11)
Since: May 2012
SilverStar
Thanks a lot John

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 03:51 AM
(#12)
So, let me understand this....

This is just another play money home game with possible prizes down the road.

BUT

None of them will be CASH prizes.

So, any games will not count in the league standings.

Or am I wrong?

thank you,

Morgan

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 06:09 AM
(#13)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
The club will be independent of the Skill League, but there might be a leaderboard setup within the club. As far as I know, all details about the setup of the club are still in the works, so someone will post when everything's firmed up. If any members have suggestions, now would be a great time to post them, since the club is still in construction.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 06:34 AM
(#14)
One suggestion:

I dont like the idea of hijacking some one elses idea. It doesnt sit well with me that PSO can not
be creative on their own and are trying to kill a successful club.
The other aspect is the whole carrot in front of the horse gambit. Why not tell the membership what they can expect instead of presenting these things like a game show where you dont know whats behind door number two.
I just kicked a kid off my doorstep selling newspapers. He told me I could get 3 months free newsppapers by signing up. It would be credit for his schooling. Hey that sounds good free newspapers. 3 minutes later he tells me I have to pay $3 a week to help him out. Rewind this
and he just finished telling me he needs a 1000 people to complete this,big song and dance about how hard this will be for him. 1000 people x $3 x 12 weeks = ??
Looks liike I might quit my day job this is a good hussle!! Oh some how that story relates to this,not sure where anymore.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 05:12 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer)
The concept of a PSO community home game club has been asked for by the membership for a long time, just because there are successful clubs set up by members doesn't mean PSO stole their idea. I am pretty sure they did not look at private member home game clubs and say hey let's copy them! Although the Drunk Tanks are good, successful clubs and effsea et all have done a great job with them, I'm not sure the powers that be are even aware of that, much less that they would examine them in detail and model after what they do.

Regardless, the notion that PSO is trying to kill a successful club makes no sense to me tbh. Let's say that 1 year from now the PSO Community Home Game club is wildly successful with the large majority of members joining and playing in both promotional and non-promotional games together... are people suggesting the Drunk tank and other successful clubs started by members here will fall out of existence because of it? Aren't you selling the Drunk tank (and other such clubs) a bit short? I am a member of and have played in the drunk tank myself, and I'd bet good money it will still be going strong and running games and competitions. Effsea, Johhny Oak, FaeryTats do a great job running the Tanks, if they're still running them we will still play them. It's ok to be a member of more than one club.

In short, chill out a bit all. This Community Club is in it's infancy, give it a chance to develop and for more formalized ideas and promos to be rolled out. It's not an attempt to wipe out existing member clubs nor do I see that ever happening anyway. Personally I think this is going to be something great for the community, give it a chance. Feel free to quote me on that 6 months from now and evaluate if you think I was right... you might be pleasantly surprised.

Dave

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Dave - Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer

Double Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TheLangolier; Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 08:04 PM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010

Last edited by Brizer73; Thu Feb 23, 2012 at 08:09 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 06:49 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
About two hours ago.

PSO definitely took the idea for the home game club from the membership, but that's the whole point of the suggestion thread. The reason more details haven't been released is because this is legit as far as the club has gotten in its development. We're not trying to draw anybody in before bringing up a $3/week newspaper fee, we just wanted to let you guys know now rather than later that the suggestion has been used. It gives people more time to voice their opinions about the development of the club.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 07:04 AM
(#18)
Yeah but think about this the paper boy is making $36k every 3 months..lol
Im supposed to feel sorry for him. 36x4= $144k a year..Kid might have explained it wrong but damn!

Ok back on track.
Congrats Panicky and I look forward to banging heads with you!

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 07:10 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
ty Cookies.

Must be really expensive paper.

Old
Thu Feb 23, 2012, 08:41 AM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
About two hours ago.

PSO definitely took the idea for the home game club from the membership, but that's the whole point of the suggestion thread. The reason more details haven't been released is because this is legit as far as the club has gotten in its development. We're not trying to draw anybody in before bringing up a $3/week newspaper fee, we just wanted to let you guys know now rather than later that the suggestion has been used. It gives people more time to voice their opinions about the development of the club.

So, in a nutshell the answer is yes, its just another home game, with no real cash prizes, and completely separate ranking from the PSO league.

Who will be in charge of the club?
All of the PSO moderators or just one?

Morgan