Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

PSO what have you learned?

Old
PSO what have you learned? - Wed Feb 22, 2012, 05:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
Hello fellow PSO'ers!

So I've been a member of PSO for a while and have learned lots of stuff from this site by watching the videos, training sessions, and getting one on one help from some really cool members.

I've learned stuff about bet sizing, starting hands, reading opponents, patience in tournaments, when to push when to fold, bankroll stuff, and alot of other interesting things.

Most of what I have learned is more about tournaments because thats mainly what Im into.

I think my game has improved some over the past year I have been a member. Im not saying that Im super awesome or whatever but like I think I can do ok sometimes.

So what about you guys what have you learned from PSO? Has this site helped you improve your poker skills?

Thanks for reading this

Last edited by pokerstar671; Fri Feb 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: I just realized I've been here since Aug 2010

Old
Wed Feb 22, 2012, 10:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
Poker school as learnt me the biggest lesson in poker,discipline.

Old
Fri Feb 24, 2012, 11:01 PM
(#3)
Cool

Old
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 12:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
If nothing else, I've learned what a good hand is. Before here, I was one of those "golden aces" type of player. Had modest success. Thanks to the lessons, I have a better idea of what hands are playable. Though I'm relegated to play money, I'm still able to take my lessons to the poker clubhouse live game in our community. I'm making it to the final table on a more consistent basis and finishing in the money on a near routine basis.

(You watch, the poker gods will take offense and I'll not see a final table for the rest of the year.)

Old
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 05:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
PSO taught me how to win, between the live training, videos, and hand analysis (not to mention the great practice sessions JDean puts on), I've learned a ton.

I've had lots of help along the way, and it's available to all who ask. There's been a few bumps in the road lately, but this is still the best place to learn how to play poker.

Old
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
i havent learned anything that s why i m still here!!!
seriously i ve gone from playing 30-35% of my hands down to 20 or so.ITM has stayed the same and roi has improved(not enough yet).

now if i could fix that leak between my ears and APPLY what i ve learned, believe my reads and use the fold button, i ll be great. (i d settle for ok)

gl y all

Old
Sat Feb 25, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetmoose 613 View Post

now if i could fix that leak between my ears and APPLY what i ve learned, believe my reads and use the fold button, i ll be great. (i d settle for ok)

gl y all
I hear ya!

I was going to say:
bad news= I am the problem.
good news= The only thing I have any control over is me.

Still a work in progress....

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 12:30 AM
(#8)
Since: Oct 2010
I improved 100% from totally donk to half donk

Skilled learn from here now compliments my LUCK.

I can value bet passive chaser and 3bet the limper

Still working on my hand reading

PS.

roomik no more Q6o it's Q8 now...LOL

Last edited by PINOY_HITMAN; Sun Feb 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM..

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 01:05 AM
(#9)
I have learned that I was not as good of a poker player as my ego told me I was.

Old
Sun Feb 26, 2012, 02:46 AM
(#10)
Since: Feb 2012
BronzeStar
I have learned a lot about the game of poker, which I thought I knew already. More importantly are the odds, that I had no idea there was so much about. I always thought it was "really" the way the cards are dealt. I really do like this site much more thatn others I have tried.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:50 AM
(#11)
It taught me patience.

That donks are at all levels of play, and that you need to have patience if you want to go deep in any tournament.

Morgan

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Hey P-Hit, that Q8 is solid dude, think I may replace my K5suited with it..... lmao

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
I have learned that I was not as good of a poker player as my ego told me I was.
Wow there is some honesty!

This is a great question Pokerstar and as a follow up, with all that we have learned on here how have we or rather have we changed our game to make a difference? What I am obviously asking is how has your bankroll changed and I hope the answer is for the better.

For me personally I can't thank Spacegravy enough for sharing his videos as he has helped me climb up the ladder of the sng's and taught me to focus as well.

The Langolier is also one of the best coaches we have on this site. His knowledge of the game is far above where mine will ever likely be and in addition he treats the game very professionally.

The bottom line for me is our bankroll and is it growing? We are here to learn and there are many different styles and opinions and no 1 way to play.

Giddy Up!

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 03:19 PM
(#14)
Well a few things,

Like Morganhottie said, patience for one thing,

But taking notes and railing players have helped a ton.

cheers

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 04:05 PM
(#15)
Since: Jan 2012
My game has improved incredibly thanks to everyone here. And I can't even begin on how much I've learned. But the most important thing I learned is that well... learning never ends.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
i learned great people who give great advice and even great comments when u play like a shrimp!

i learned that i am still learning an will continue to do so

i learned that my biggest flaw is me and that focus and discipline are most of the time more important then getting the cards

i learned that i like to learn more ( oh jee i wish i had more time)

i learned ............................. jee man where do i start!!

Tnx all and keep it up

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 07:22 PM
(#17)
Since: Apr 2010
I've learned there is a FOLD button.

I've learned to be more patient.

I've learned that a bad beat means i played the hand correct and they got lucky.

I've learned correct bankroll management is the only way forward.

I've learned that playing to many tables = to many bad decisions.

I've also learned that dave TheLangolier aint really got a squeeky voice its his

Just remembered i learned not to be afraid to ask even how stupid it may sound.

Last edited by m.bisland; Mon Feb 27, 2012 at 07:25 PM..

Old
I am not a rookie but I found this website insteresting - Sat Mar 10, 2012, 05:46 PM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi guys,

It's funny that I came back to "poker school" and try to learn more. I've been playing poker every weekend for over a decade. I wasn't doing well but not bad at all neither. I started as playing live and trying to have fun... then I found that it was profitable (not big money, but always nice to have some extra bucks)

I recently started to play online becoz recently I'm doing poor in live.... I didn't lose all my bankroll yet but I found online is great as I can play few tables at the same time and I can play much smaller stakes since I wanna have fun.

I recently fall in love to real live tourney and try to improve my games as dreaming to take down one of the championship, although I recently got busted out 93/653 (damn, 81 in the money) in macau red dragon main event (one of the major asian pokerstars event). I started to read more(just articles on the web) and checked some of the great videos (not only pokerstars, try daniel negreanu in youtube, many great stuff).

what I can say is I know 80% of the video and still find 20% interesting, even I've been playing poker for years. So, I strongly recommend you guys to watch it ... with online poker and information, you can easily build the skill level up to 10 years of experience in live game, since we didn't have that tool in the old days.

Do you guys know if there is a forum to discuss the "everythingpoker" video, if I further questions regardiing some of the topics?

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
(#19)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator, Hand Analyzer)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongydonky View Post

Do you guys know if there is a forum to discuss the "everythingpoker" video, if I further questions regardiing some of the topics?
Hi hongdonky!

At the bottom of the Poker Education & Beginners section, there is a forum for videos.

Hope this helps.

John (JWK24)

Team PokerSchoolOnline - John - Super Moderator, Hand Analyzer

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
(#20)
Since: Oct 2011
I've learned I have to go back to school and take nothing but math. All this talk about percentages,equity and ratios is mind boggling. Not to mention having to figure it all out on the fly!