Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

why on earth????

Old
why on earth???? - Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
why on earth was my post deleted?
i think it was very prudent to let newer people know who and what they're dealing with when reading posts here. and feel it was for sure for the betterment of this forum.
it was an exact quote with credit to the author. it was not slanderous or degrading in any way (except maybe to the people the quoted text was directed at). so why the deletion?
i truely think an explanation is in order. so please enlighten me.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
should have quoted, i think.
as in ---> with a link.

Last edited by Django66; Mon Feb 27, 2012 at 02:40 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
why on earth was my post deleted?
i think it was very prudent to let newer people know who and what they're dealing with when reading posts here. and feel it was for sure for the betterment of this forum.
it was an exact quote with credit to the author. it was not slanderous or degrading in any way (except maybe to the people the quoted text was directed at). so why the deletion?
i truely think an explanation is in order. so please enlighten me.

Good luck with that MT...

Guess I was out of bounds defending myself against being called rude and obnoxious by another member by telling the truth about them. Oh and plagiarism is cool to apparently.

Really,really disappointed in a couple peeps right about now...

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:43 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
@DJ there WAS a link

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:45 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnestegg View Post
@DJ there WAS a link
oh, sorry,it wasn't up long,

i thought it was just c/pasted.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:51 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello

I really not going to talk to you on why your post was deleted it was very obvious.

If you want the reason feel free to PM me and I will get back to you when I can.

In the future I suggest you PM a mod as to why something happen you have a question on.

Thanks for being part of PSO, and Best of Luck at the Tables

T2C

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Brian - Super Moderator

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:57 AM
(#7)
hmmmm,

i think we should be accountable for what we post, i don' tmind if someone brings up some rubbish i've posted and makes me eat my words, but that'sjust me.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:58 AM
(#8)
Yeah.PM'ed both of you actually...

And as to what Dj just posted +1000.

I've never deleted a post of my own. If I say it I'll stand behind it...good or bad,right or wrong. I don't need to hide behind the Mods,nor have them clean up MY messes.

Last edited by Moxie Pip; Mon Feb 27, 2012 at 03:00 AM..

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:58 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
brian.. no it was NOT obvious. AT ALL. pm on its way

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:59 AM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Yeah.PM'ed both of you actually...
Hiya Mox

I will get back to you when i have some time more then not tomorrow as I a bit busy tonight

Brian

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Brian - Super Moderator

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Mon Feb 27, 2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 03:10 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
Hello

I really not going to talk to you on why your post was deleted it was very obvious.

T2C

actually, it wasn't obvious to me, why can't we quote someone??

i think it would be prudent to post the reason here so the rest of the herd won't fall into the same trap?

kind regards

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:22 AM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
Hiya Mox

I will get back to you when i have some time more then not tomorrow as I a bit busy tonight

Brian

I don't see why the mods don't send a PM right away when something is deleted? It takes all of two minutes and it's over and done with.
Some members (especially newbs) will have no idea why something is deleted and may think it was a glitch perhaps. You'll only save yourselves time and animosity by doing so. They'll likely keep posting things they shouldn't without knowing the reason why.

It seems very disrespectful to just delete a post with no explanation. If it's worthy of deleting, then it seems it would be worthy of a warning or infraction that would warrant a PM being sent.
Not everyone knows every rule and with threads being moved and all the other things that could be misconstrued, a little communication would go a long way. Save yourselves some work in deleting multiple posts of the same unwelcome nature, and, maintain the relationships with the members that they deserve. They are the customers.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:47 AM
(#13)
Thanks Dano.

In all fairness I will say that for myself the post in question hasn't been deleted (yet,I have NO doubt in my mind that it will be though...) just the thread has been closed. What burns MY azz is that what MT posted a link to and then it WAS deleted was the post that I was referencing as to what the "ace" had to say about this forum and everyone in it when he came back from his first little poutfest.

If it was so egregious a post that it had to be deleted when MT posted it to prove my point that he had indeed said what he said then why in the Blue Hell wasn't it bad enough to have been removed in the first Damn place?

The message I take from that is that it's OK for him to SAY it but it's NOT OK for us to CALL him out for saying it. And until shown something viable by those responsible for this decision that's the premise I'm operating under.

So if that's the case...then excuse me...but that's a bunch of hooey.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:57 AM
(#14)
Well I recieved a 24 hr bann just one week ago Dan for that very thing. No explanation, no pm, no warning just bam locked out of PSO for 24 hrs and I find out in an email I was apparently Spamming because i reposted something that i thought i already posted.
I agree 100% that if something is going to be deleted then have the decency to send a pm at least and if it is an infraction fine but to not send a pm.

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 06:39 AM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!111dan View Post

I don't see why the mods don't send a pm right away when something is deleted? It takes all of two minutes and it's over and done with.
Some members (especially newbs) will have no idea why something is deleted and may think it was a glitch perhaps. You'll only save yourselves time and animosity by doing so. They'll likely keep posting things they shouldn't without knowing the reason why.

It seems very disrespectful to just delete a post with no explanation. If it's worthy of deleting, then it seems it would be worthy of a warning or infraction that would warrant a pm being sent.
Not everyone knows every rule and with threads being moved and all the other things that could be misconstrued, a little communication would go a long way. Save yourselves some work in deleting multiple posts of the same unwelcome nature, and, maintain the relationships with the members that they deserve. They are the customers.
+1 could not agree more

Old
Mon Feb 27, 2012, 09:07 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2011
BronzeStar
I have opologised for my actions ages ago, have not stepped out of line since, did not know any better at the time as first ever forum for me. End of story.

Old
Tue Feb 28, 2012, 05:42 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
did not know any better at the time .
we're supposed to buy that? not me nor the apology. i'm one who doesn't like gettin' p**sed on and told it's rainin'

Old
Tue Feb 28, 2012, 06:40 AM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemace486 View Post
I have opologised for my actions ages ago, have not stepped out of line since, did not know any better at the time as first ever forum for me. End of story.

You knew enough to brag on how you leveled the Forum,that smacks of troll. The Mods can run their legs off down to nubs trying to shelter you to their hearts content but they can't delete your tripe from my mind once I've seen it. Nor the minds of anyone else.

Shovel it somewhere else,we're not buying it.

Old
Tue Feb 28, 2012, 06:59 AM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post

Shovel it somewhere else,we're not buying it.
I don't know Moxie I once let a Kirby vaccum salesman in my house for a simple $1.00 lotto
ticket.

I'm Sooooo weak.

Old
Tue Feb 28, 2012, 01:22 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
i bet ur still hearin' from HIS snake oil ass too.