Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline (PSO), the official PokerStars online poker school.
At PSO there are many exciting opportunities for member participation including:
- Attend a wide variety of Live Training sessions each week.
- Post a poker hand for review in the Hand Analysis section.
- Take part in our PSO Skill League promotion.
- Join our PSO Community Home Game and take part in nightly games.
And this is just for starters! As you become more familiar with the site you will discover more wonderful ways to improve your game and have fun here. Here is a guided tour to show you just a selection of what PokerSchoolOnline has to offer you.
Each section of the site has it's own individual 'Tab' at the top of the page. Here is a selection of the most important ones and we recommend that you check these regularly to keep up to date with all that's happening at PSO.
This is where you will find an overview of all the courses that PSO has to offer. Each course has a quiz to help students test what they have learned. Once you have passed the Core Quiz you can take the Sit & Go Course, if you pass the quiz you earn prizes.
This is where you will find an overview of all the training videos that have been archived in our library. Look for featured videos from our live trainers and also PokerStar Pro's. It truly is a great resource for learning material.
This is the place to find out what Live Training sessions are scheduled for the week ahead. You are encouraged to participate and put your questions to our Live Trainer during these sessions.
This is where the community comes together to offer up discussion on all things poker related. The Forum is sub-divided into different sections making it easy to navigate and find the correct place to put your post and you can find all of these from the 'All Forums' link. These sections include:
- Support Area, Post your PokerStars or PSO support queries here. Also you will find information regarding the Skill League and Home Games here.
- Poker Education, the place to discuss poker strategy, beginners questions, topics related to live training sessions and also to post your hands for analysis.
- Poker Community, the place where new members introduce themselves, members post about their personal poker challenges, talk about their blogs and generally hang out in a relaxed & friendly atmosphere.
- General Poker, this section includes areas such as a Women's section, a place to discuss Poker Hardware and Software and hear some stories about members experiences of live poker.
- PSO Lounge, here you will find an off-topic thread for everything non-poker related and a VIP area for players who have achieved Platinum Star plus status.
Look here to find out about all the latest promotions both PSO and PokerStars has to offer including the PokerSchoolOnline Skill League where members win big each month.
Finally, as a new member, we really hope that you can take full advantage of all the benefits this site has to offer and that your time here will be both informative and fun for you. You are invited to join our Home Game. The details of how to join can be found here: PSO Community Home Game
It's great to see you here!
The PSO Team
Team PokerSchoolOnline - Paul - Community Coordinator
Follow Me On Twitter
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is the difference between FPP's and VPP's and how do I earn VPP's?
Here is a link to the info on VPP's. This link can also be found by going into the cashier and clicking on VIP status, then click on the blue link there.
Are there any tips for using the forum? How do I fix the clock? How do I see threads I've written in? etc.
Starting at the top, any forum page will give you the website's tabs at the top and the quick link pictures just below, so you can navigate to anywhere from the forum.
On the right, you will see the welcome box. This box is an easy way to see your profile, blog messages and courses. In the profile, you'll see your score/rank. If you just click on one of those, it takes you to your position on the leaderboard and stats. The full leaderboard can then be accessed from there.
The gray tabs at the top of a forum page have many useful features.
The "Go to" tab starts the drop down menu with settings.
The settings for login & privacy are self-explanatory.
The next setting is for messaging & notification. Below the "receive emails" section, look at the Default Subscription Thread Mode setting. This is where you can subscribe to a thread. If you wish to receive emails or not subscribe, you can do it here. This option allows you to see a small yellow box in any thread that you've posted in, so you can have a quick reference to where you've visited.
Just below here are the settings for Private Messaging and they are also self-explanatory. One suggestion would be the Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up. This will give you a small pop-up window, when you change pages in the forum and will alert you to a new message in your inbox. It helps to keep replies to pm's timely.
Is there any way I can see the answers to questions on a quiz I took?
No, answers are not available for viewing. Please ask the forum if you have any areas that you're uncertain of.
Team PokerSchoolOnline - Brian - Super Moderator