Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Member Blogs /

Took a shot at 2c/5c

Old
Took a shot at 2c/5c - Wed Mar 07, 2012, 01:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Well, I had a pretty good day at 1c//2c today. I didn't really get to play that much, but the cards seemed to fall nicely and I hit the $125 mark. I figured it was time to give 5NL a shot. I bought in for $7 in 2 tables and began playing.

I must say, the first 30 minutes I was actually pretty worried. The aggression seemed a little higher and I was unsure if I'd be able to play as profitably as in the 2NL games. The tables I had up seemed to be fairly tight, but with it being my first time at this level I didn't feel comfortable taking advantage of that. I didn't really catch many playable spots either, but I sort of felt happy about it. I was sort of running on scared money (which of course is not a good thing), but I thought I'd play a little conservative to start developing a feel for this level.

Overall it went ok. I got away with a couple re-steals from BB, but really tried to stay away from anything more. I feel confident, but I'll have to stick my foot in the water a couple more times before diving in. Will most likely start my days with 2NL for an hour or so and then move up to 5NL. If I'll lose a buy-in (bad beat or not) I'll move back to 2NL until I make it up. Anyways, the only thing I hope for is that the cards cooperate while I get used to 5NL. It would definitely crush my confidence if I ran into some bad beats. Thats it for now

Highlight of the day:

Stacks:
UTG - bommel186 ($5.98)
UTG+1 - KPOTOKPbIC ($5.84)
UTG+2 - OIF-369 ($3.31)
MP - parapetoccs ($10.34)
MP2 - FoRlan77 ($6.27)
CO - miticalihet ($2.00)
BTN - Hero ($8.23)
SB - carreriense ($5.00)
BB - normabyn8 ($4.98)

Preflop: ($0.07, 9 players) Hero is BTN with As Ah
6 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, carreriense raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, carreriense raises to $5.00 (all-in), Hero calls $3.50

Flop: 7h 5h Qs ($10.05, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 4s ($10.05, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: Th ($10.05, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: $10.05
carreriense shows Ac Kh (high card Ace)
Hero shows As Ah (a pair of Aces)

Hero wins $9.63

Also, note to self:
Need improvement on continuation betting.
Currently at 84%. I don't think that's going to do me much good in the long run.
Watch Langolier's "Continuation Betting" video tomorrow.

Last edited by sydhollow97; Wed Mar 07, 2012 at 01:43 AM..