Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Replacement Micro Millions Tourney Discussion

Old
Replacement Micro Millions Tourney Discussion - Wed Mar 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Hello

We have set up the replacement tourney for the PSO MicroMillions Super Sat. All that had tickets to the PSO MicroMillions Sat should have new tickets for this event. It will take place on April 1st at 11:30am EST T# 538483764 and will be a Sat for the Bigger $22 with $100k gtd.

PSO will add 15 tickets to the event. The buy-in is still $2.20. The sat tourney starts 30 minutes prior to the bigger $22, so all winners will be moved into the bigger $22 at the end of the sat, as this event will be in late registration.

Once again we be very sorry for the problems we encountered with the MicroMillions Sat.

We wish all who take part in this event the best of luck.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Brian - Super Moderator

Triple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by TOO2COO; Wed Mar 28, 2012 at 07:31 PM..

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Even though I would have prefered that the original satellite had worked as planned, this is a good enough replacement for me. I like it!

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2010
Further disappointment for me I am afraid

1) - Only one hour to preregister at a much earlier time, for a fixed maximum field (the number of tickets issued) when it could have been opened for registration immediately it was set up. Why would PSO want to make it harder for us?

I also mentioned that longer registration would have helped overcome the problem encountered in the original tourney - but it appears nobody at PSO wanted to reply to the issues raised by me and others in that thread.

2) - The earlier time of the Satellite and the target tourney means it obvioously won't be covered in Sunday Live training, which I thought was a major part of the original PSO Promotion. It may be the same value but not the same experience.

I would also really like to know how many tickets have been issued - are we looking at a maximum field of 50, 250 or 1,250?

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
PlatinumStar
Hi Ed,

Thanks for your comments. I am responsible for the compensation tourney and I was looking for a way to give you guys the best value possible. In my opinion The Bigger $22 on a sunday night is the closest tourney when comparing the value of the MicroMillion Main Event to any other $22 Buy-In tourney. I could have choosen another tourney but in my experience the prize pool of The Bigger $22 is getting very extensive on a sunday night and it should get pretty close in value of the original target event. There are a lot of horrible players in the field which makes it a very soft Smallstakes tourney and give you guys furthermore value. Unfortunately I had to decide between "getting you guys the best value" and "trying to find a time that will suit most". I decided to go for the value because 11:30 ET is not too early in america, it's late evening in Europe and so will hopefully suit most of our users.

1.) Registration period is only 1 hour because we want to avoid any sitouters (as they are slowing down the game and costing you guys value). Unfortunately in an unfortunate case of a mistake (like last week) this is a problem but we paid a lot of attention to this tourney this time and their shouldn't be any mistakes.

2.) Covering of the MM Satellite has been not part of the Sunday Live special as Andre was not allowed to participate last week anyway. Covering the MicroMillions Main-Event has been part of the Sunday Special, though. Dave will probably also cover the middle and late stages of The Bigger $22 this week when any PSO users are going for a deep run.

To answer your question regarding field size: In my opinion we will be expecting less than 40 participants probably playing for 18-19 Tickets which is a HUGE value for everyone who is looking to play the event or doing a shot!

Good Luck,
Christopher

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Christopher

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 10:51 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOGefallener View Post
we will be expecting less than 40 participants probably playing for 18-19 Tickets
Buy in $2.20, ticket value $22, roughly 50% chance of getting a ticket...

Old
Wed Mar 28, 2012, 11:10 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2012
Thank you for setting this up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Buy in $2.20, ticket value $22, roughly 50% chance of getting a ticket...

*calculates*

That is like 38 cents!

Old
Thu Mar 29, 2012, 12:51 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSOGefallener View Post
Dave will probably also cover the middle and late stages of The Bigger $22 this week when any PSO users are going for a deep run.
Any PSOers who are making a deep run in this, we will rail during our Sunday Special.

Dave

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Dave - Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 29, 2012, 02:05 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
Is it possible to use the $22.00 tournement ticket elsewhere?
As I could stay up late to play the satellite.
But the Bigger $22.00 starts at 2am Monday morning here.

Old
Thu Mar 29, 2012, 03:15 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
I am curious if it's possible to register for the $22 event, then play the satellite for T$.

Old
Thu Mar 29, 2012, 03:46 AM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
9:30CT is kinda awkward for me, and the 1 hour registration just makes it worse.

I'll still do my best to play this, it's great value.

Old
Thu Mar 29, 2012, 04:16 AM
(#11)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckkky View Post
Is it possible to use the $22.00 tournement ticket elsewhere?
As I could stay up late to play the satellite.
But the Bigger $22.00 starts at 2am Monday morning here.
Hiya Chuckkky

Unfortunately not, the target event should already be running when this event ends so it will put you right into the target event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I am curious if it's possible to register for the $22 event, then play the satellite for T$.
Hiya Panicky

Yes this should not be a problem

Best of luck to all who take part this event should have great value

Brian

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Brian - Super Moderator

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Apr 01, 2012, 07:51 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Good luck to everyone who plays! Registration starts in just 8h38min! Don't miss this one!

Old
Sun Apr 01, 2012, 11:46 AM
(#13)
Best of luck to all runners, and see you at the final table in the big one!

Old
thanks - Sun Apr 01, 2012, 04:00 PM
(#14)
Since: Aug 2011
I was a bit upset as I had built up to the tournament but now I am looking forward to playing this one, Im really enjoying the PSO feature on here and would recommend it to any player new or old, the discussions and lessons are fantastic value and will improve anyone's game !

Good Luck Everyone !

Old
Sun Apr 01, 2012, 05:36 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2010
THIS GAME IS ON!

20 Mins late reg available so about 10-15 more minutes.

Good luck all

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Old
Sun Apr 01, 2012, 06:40 PM
(#16)
Had the worst of luck. You just CAN'T lose such hands in sats with this much value. Congratulations to all winners though, well played!