Home / Community / Forum / General Poker / Live Games and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

On final table of Premier Skill League

Old
On final table of Premier Skill League - Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:13 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
I've had a really horrible first month in the Premier Skill League, it really boils down to this result whether I stay up or go down (although light at the end of the tunnel as I may requalify via the qualifier games)

I've cashed in this once, so this is by far my best result. Need to improve by 400+ places though but I understand a decent result will move me well up the table.

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:16 PM
(#2)
lucked out A4 v AK, 6 remaining.

Can' emphasise it enough I need to win this.

edit, now 5 to go.

wrong edit, still 6

I'm all in

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:24 PM
(#3)
5th, slightly bad call v chip leader but I felt I was well ahead of his range. I seen him do the same move with 97s, happy with my call, I felt I was ahead.

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:29 PM
(#4)
Exit hand, I really thought I was ahead pre, put him on a lower PP or a flip at worst:

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 06:42 PM
(#5)
Wathing the rest of the game I'm more convinced I made the right play, chip leader had a 47% VPiP and a total raising station. As I said I seen him make the same move with 97s to steal a limpers blind to an all in. This was a slightly different situation but JJ would be at the top of his shoving range in this spot.

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 07:33 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator, Hand Analyzer)
BronzeStar
Hi Ovalman!

Making the final table in a league game is ALWAYS a good thing (and not easy to do too).

The one thing that I'd have done differently in this hand, is that instead of flatting the limp, I'd have shoved there, so I could be the first one to shove. Anytime I have the chance to shove first with a hand that I'd call a shove with, I want to be the initial one to shove... to put the pressure on the opps. Pocket 10's and under 10BB, I want the chips to be all-in preflop (so someone can't see a card that they could beat me with if I waited to shove until after the flop).

Great run and good luck in the leagues.

John (JWK24)

Team PokerSchoolOnline - John - Super Moderator, Hand Analyzer

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 09:08 PM
(#7)
The reason I flatted was that Zisam had been ultra aggressive and raised sensibly, which was something I never expected him to do. I was unsure where I stood in the hand and in truth I wanted to see a flop and take it from there. I was happy with the short stack's push but when the chip leader pushed and Zisam folded I felt sure I was ahead.

I understand your point about getting my chips in first, it's something I do regularly but the game has a history which doesn't transpire in this hand.

I'm still OK with my play.

Old
Sat Mar 31, 2012, 09:15 PM
(#8)
Edit, not ultra aggressive but shove/ fold short stacked strategy.

I can see the hand from his point of view, had we have seen a flop he could well have outdrawn me but again I think a limp is OK considering this was the first hand I seen him raise instead of shove.