Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / PokerStars Support Center /

UKIPT Poker league - Div 2

Old
UKIPT Poker league - Div 2 - Tue Apr 03, 2012, 09:43 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for being thick!!!

I'm new to Poker stars and last night I played in a freeroll tourney - UKIPT Poker League - Division 2. Now I finished in 163 (nothing too speacial) but it was enough (I think) to get something. Now that something was described as a % but I haven't got a clue as to what it is a % of, is it points that acrue throught the 'season'? If so where is the league?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Oh if anyone wants to teach me how to win, that would also be much appreciated...

Old
Wink
Hi there!!! - Tue Apr 03, 2012, 11:02 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
riveredme1 welcome to the forum!,,,,,No need for apologies as all of us are thick in one way or another,,,,,,,Kind of like me, I'm new to the moderator position and not completely familiar with the freeroll and league you mention.

I would however like to say you have come to the right place if you want some help on winning! There are all kinds of instructional videos, and resources available, including hand analysis right up to live training! Have fun and enjoy yourself in the forum and at PokerStars, and I'll see if I can get some more info on the UKIPT Poker League - Division 2. for you...

Last edited by gmanwicksy; Tue Apr 03, 2012 at 10:05 PM..

Old
Thumbs up
I hope this helps! - Tue Apr 03, 2012, 11:29 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
I found a great link for you, to give you all kinds of info ......
http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/tournaments/ukpl/
Good luck! I hope you enjoy your poker games!

Heres another link where you can bookmark and track your standings!!!
http://www.pokerstars.co.uk/tourname...rankings/#2011

Have fun and good luck climbing the leaderboard!

Last edited by gmanwicksy; Tue Apr 03, 2012 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: found a great link to watch your standings!

Old
Tue Apr 03, 2012, 12:32 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveredme1 View Post
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies for being thick!!!

I'm new to Poker stars and last night I played in a freeroll tourney - UKIPT Poker League - Division 2. Now I finished in 163 (nothing too speacial) but it was enough (I think) to get something. Now that something was described as a % but I haven't got a clue as to what it is a % of, is it points that acrue throught the 'season'? If so where is the league?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Oh if anyone wants to teach me how to win, that would also be much appreciated...
Hi there riveredme1,

I play the UKIPT Div 2 Freeroll regularly and the above links gmanwicksy provided have all the detailed information.

Basically each night at 7pm WET there is a UK Division 2 freeroll which usually attracts several hundred UK & Ireland players.

The points structure rewards playing as often as you can during any month, as you will receive 1 point every time you register, 5 points every time you make the 'bubble' and more for the final table places.

Your 163rd finish last night will have gained you 5 points as the bubble was at 198. I finished 197th so just snuck in too - and remember everybody gets the same 5 points for every place from 10-198 (in this instance), so you will see a lot of shoving when the bubble bursts from shorter stacks who need to gamble to try to chip up dramatically for any chance of an FT.

The bubble is not very obvious - you need to wait until late registration closes after ten minutes and then check the tournament lobby, click on tournament info and scroll down the awards schedule. That's where you see those %s but it is basically a 1pt/5pt/10-20pt structure so the key points are making the bubble and then if you can the final table.

There are a lot of good regular players who get high on the leaderboard consistently, but also a lot of freerollers each night without too much skill, so it helps to pick up info on who is at your table.

It is not too difficult to make the top 100 for a small prize if you can play regularly - it all helps build a small BR if you are mainly playing freerolls - getting into the top 25 is more difficult as it is quite a competitive league, but if you manage that you get cash prizes plus tickets to Division 1 games which have a £1.10 buy in.

And if you win a league month outright you get a UKIPT ticket - so I want to win one before they come back to Edinburgh.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Ed from Edinburgh - EdinFreeMan

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Tue Apr 03, 2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 03, 2012, 02:58 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2012
Thankks for your help guys, it's much appreciated...