Home / Community / Forum / General Poker / Live Games and Online Tournaments /

wsop circuit event satelite, harrah's st louis april 20th

Old
wsop circuit event satelite, harrah's st louis april 20th - Mon Apr 09, 2012, 08:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
i'm playing in my first live tournament on the 20th, and it's only my second time live ever. it's a $75 buyin with unlimited rebuys for the first 4 levels. each rebuy is $50. blinds are 20 minutes. starting stax are 2000 chips and each rebuy gets u another 2000. af the completion of the 4th level, u can add-on either once or twice for $50 for another 3000 chips each. top 20 seats are guaranteed to the $1620 main event the next day, plus $30 cash (don't know why they added this ) im planning on rebuying right away and then im prepared to rebuy two more times if necessary. i don't really know how hard people are going to push with marginal hands considering the opportunities to add on chips, but i think im gonna take it easy preflop unless i have AQs or better, or it's been limped to me on the blinds or the button. then, once all the add-ons end, im gonna try and put as much pressure on everyone as i can. im just hoping my stack will be big enough to play this way. im kinda worried about giving information away. i am a very anxious fellow and i know i will be shaking the whole time whether i have anything or not. any advice or encouragement is welcomed

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 09:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
i'll probably be doing the hand over the mouth thing that a lot of players on tv do, and the slight head bob thing that tom dwan does. i've even started doing the head bob thing while i play online. im so impressionable

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 09:09 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator, Hand Analyzer)
BronzeStar
Good luck with it ketchup!

I've never played one of the sattys there, but did play one of the $300+40 ring events there last year.
Take the first orbit or two and get as many reads on your opps as possible. With it being a rebuy, I would expect some players to be much looser than if it was a freezeout.

I know Dave's played some sattys (not sure if they were rebuys or not, so he may be able to give you a better heads-up as to how these play.

Good luck!

John (JWK24)

Team PokerSchoolOnline - John - Super Moderator, Hand Analyzer

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Apr 09, 2012, 10:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer)
Hi,

I haven't played a live rebuy satty, only played rebuy ones online. It sounds like your strategy is solid though. The shaking thing is ok if you are actually doing it all the time.

One tip to remember, you can usually bluff smaller live and value bet bigger, because live players often have no idea how much money is in the pot, most don't count it. So if there's 1500 in the pot you can sometimes bluff with a bet of like 300, they just don't realize how small this is as it's not obvious like it would be online.

Try and stay relaxed, and play your "A" game, you'll do fine.

Dave

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Dave - Head Trainer, Hand Analyzer

Bracelet Winner