Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / PSO Support Center /

Sadness thread ~ share your gripe about PSO.

Old
Fri Apr 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
Is honesty really what you want Jig. Be very careful what you ask for because you may get it.

My honest opinion is that if you don't like it move on! Simple.

Giddy Up!

Old
Sun Apr 15, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Jig

You should start your own " OCCUPY PSO " protest. You can camp out in the forum until you get kicked out or quit

Old
Mon Apr 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
(#3)
Well, I've seen a lot of these kinds of posts in recent months.

| understand that some of you are concerned about how things are being handled. In some cases, i agree. But you really need to contact PS directly with your concerns/suggestions, via e-mail. I do, and don't always get the response I was hoping for, but it is what it is. You can't always get what you want. And at least I had a chance to give input.

In spite of any concerns I might have about how some things are handled, the positive benefits from this site BY FAR outweigh the negative. Look at the big picture. This site has sooo much more to offer. Take what you can benefit from and leave the rest.

IMHO.....Thank you

Old
Mon Apr 16, 2012, 11:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
the positive benefits from this site BY FAR outweigh the negative
I guess that says it.

I mean, I could gripe about the fact that it's a totally silly English sentence, couldn't I?
But you won't see me doing it.

And I could gripe about the fact that a couple of mods here are worse than elephants in the living room (they're more like heffalumps in the woozle shop :)
But you won't see me doing that either... 'cause the above quoted sentence, bad English and all... says it all :)

Old
Tue Apr 17, 2012, 02:49 AM
(#5)
OK.....

Airing your dirty laundry in public is UGLY, plain and simple. Does not make for a pleasant environment.

Not sure why you would be surprised by my opinion - I believe 100% of my posts/blogs have been supportive of this site.

Find peace.

Old
Tue Apr 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2011
jig jig i agree, the skill leagues r not what suppose to happen, u can have QQ, AA, KK, and get donked, by 33, 22, 55, and then post something here bout ur play or whatever, and its moved, or u get a message saying not the right spot langue or whatever,

Just use facebook, that way u cant be banished from here for ur thoughts, plus in the leagues who cares everybody just donks anyways, i watched a training vid on the 360 10cents tourneys, and didnt make sence anyways, every friggin playa was all-in everyhand

Plus in the open leeague u cant win s*** unless in top 50, so play every tourney, plus why u think full tilt and others got shut down

I support u all but even when u call a pokestars mod to a table it takes like forever

(Please watch the use of language. Thank you. -JDean)

Last edited by JDean; Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: Profane language.

Old
Tue Apr 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2011
Plus in the open league u cant win( take the brownies to the super bowl) unless in top 50, so play every tourney, plus why u think full tilt and others got shut down

Old
Tue Apr 17, 2012, 05:45 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mJigJig View Post
. These threads you have read in recent times including any post here at PSO are read by most moderators (management) as you note a 3 or 4 post count on every thread within 10 minutes..

Moderators are not management

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Apr 17, 2012, 11:01 PM
(#9)
PSO will never be the perfect league to please everybody, but just remember, it's FREE MONEY that PokerStars is giving out every month! Why complain?

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 12:58 AM
(#10)
Quote:

Don't you think each members not only have but deserve a right to speak in this forum and know it is being heard when that is the intention. However it is not, of course it is not, how can we expect it to be heard when the policies in this forum do not re-enforce such behavoir. .
No I do not.

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 07:28 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
I personally haven't responded to this thread since many of my recent posts have been "infracted" as SPAM(unwanted or unhelpful comments.)

When following the instructions given to me by PSO to appeal directly to the moderator that warned/infracted me, my "private" message was sent, in full, to another PSO moderator. When attempting to follow up with the original Mod to try to ascertain the reasoning behind not only passing my concerns on to another Mod, but actually forwarding my entire "private" message, I was completely blown off and told not to contact this Mod about this issue any longer.

So, yay.

This all started because I tracked down info that proved a poster in the staking section had scammed at least two different forums in the past.

To be fair, I did not post the precise results of my hours of research. I was gonna let the guy run off with his tail between his legs after dropping some keywords to let him know I was on to him.

I was then told that PSO "team members" or some such had also investigated using the info I provided and found nothing conclusive.

Well, that was not all of the info I had. And what I have is conclusive. I decided, that since I was not only, NOT working for PSO, but actually being warned and infracted for doing the community a favor, that I would not continue investigating or passing on the info. It obviously wasn't wanted.

Of course, if there was a member that seemed interested in backing this person, I would have PMed the hell out of them. On the other hand, the new Staking rules really do encourage deals being made through PMs, so... Hey, can't save everyone.

Well, there's my response. I've been turned off of voicing my opinion due to some heavy-handed tactics. It's just not a comfortable place for me anymore.

So yeah. I still find value here, but I find very little joy in it any longer. There is a general timeline that can point to where the "joy graph" started tanking, and it has nothing to do with Black Friday.

Oh yay again. Happy effing anniversary. Nobody bothered to post about BF. Guess we all know.

Can't wait for #SandSCOOP2012!

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 04:10 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
I personally haven't responded to this thread since many of my recent posts have been "infracted" as SPAM(unwanted or unhelpful comments.)

When following the instructions given to me by PSO to appeal directly to the moderator that warned/infracted me, my "private" message was sent, in full, to another PSO moderator. When attempting to follow up with the original Mod to try to ascertain the reasoning behind not only passing my concerns on to another Mod, but actually forwarding my entire "private" message, I was completely blown off and told not to contact this Mod about this issue any longer.

So, yay.

This all started because I tracked down info that proved a poster in the staking section had scammed at least two different forums in the past.

To be fair, I did not post the precise results of my hours of research. I was gonna let the guy run off with his tail between his legs after dropping some keywords to let him know I was on to him.

I was then told that PSO "team members" or some such had also investigated using the info I provided and found nothing conclusive.

Well, that was not all of the info I had. And what I have is conclusive. I decided, that since I was not only, NOT working for PSO, but actually being warned and infracted for doing the community a favor, that I would not continue investigating or passing on the info. It obviously wasn't wanted.

Of course, if there was a member that seemed interested in backing this person, I would have PMed the hell out of them. On the other hand, the new Staking rules really do encourage deals being made through PMs, so... Hey, can't save everyone.

Well, there's my response. I've been turned off of voicing my opinion due to some heavy-handed tactics. It's just not a comfortable place for me anymore.

So yeah. I still find value here, but I find very little joy in it any longer. There is a general timeline that can point to where the "joy graph" started tanking, and it has nothing to do with Black Friday.

Oh yay again. Happy effing anniversary. Nobody bothered to post about BF. Guess we all know.

Can't wait for #SandSCOOP2012!
I was hoping if I forgot about it that it would go away!!

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 04:28 PM
(#13)
The display of individualism leads to differences in personalities that will cause people of objecting views and opinions to have conflicts that show themselves in a public forum. This is normal and when a certain amount of respect is given a heated debate can be discussed and all sides can give input into the subject.

When staff wanted moderators to quell these "flames" what they actually did was stiffle a person's ability to express their thoughts. All the PSO wants is good little robots who will listen and obey without objection.

Many of us here have personalities that will not allow us to simply lay down, shut up and play nice but instead voice our concerns, buck up against a broken system and are willing to chop off our own nose for spite if the cause is just. In this case it was just to defy and to be willing to accept any punishment handed so to at least once let it known that this is wrong.

Unfortunately we have no voice and our opinions are not appreciated here if they do not conform to what the PSO expects of their "good little members" and have decided that it would be best to leave or at least limit our input and contributions to this forum.

People with strong personalities are willing to lose everything to support what they believe to be right.

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
(#14)
Since: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
The display of individualism leads to differences in personalities that will cause people of objecting views and opinions to have conflicts that show themselves in a public forum. This is normal and when a certain amount of respect is given a heated debate can be discussed and all sides can give input into the subject.

When staff wanted moderators to quell these "flames" what they actually did was stiffle a person's ability to express their thoughts. All the PSO wants is good little robots who will listen and obey without objection.

Many of us here have personalities that will not allow us to simply lay down, shut up and play nice but instead voice our concerns, buck up against a broken system and are willing to chop off our own nose for spite if the cause is just. In this case it was just to defy and to be willing to accept any punishment handed so to at least once let it known that this is wrong.

Unfortunately we have no voice and our opinions are not appreciated here if they do not conform to what the PSO expects of their "good little members" and have decided that it would be best to leave or at least limit our input and contributions to this forum.

People with strong personalities are willing to lose everything to support what they believe to be right.

+Infinity. We may not agree on everything but this is basically it in a nutshell.

Jig, honestly I do not understand all of what you are saying but I do get the gist of it I think.

PSO/Pokerstars is a private company and they are going to run their forum and PSO as they see fit. That I am afraid is the long and short of it. Many, including myself, have tried to rail against the machine because we believe that things are managed badly, implemented poorly and generally run with no real thought for the membership.

This however is futile because the majority of members will just fall into line like lemmings when anyone does make a stand and just follow the company line.

So what can you do? Not a lot it would appear. You just have to accept that that is the way it is. Take the good things that PSO and the forum has to offer, like the learning material, videos, training and hand analysis and forget the rest. Treat everyone you have dealings with like you would wish to be treated yourself unless their actions show them not to be worthy of your respect. Try and be helpful and provide info to others where you can. Learn to be a better poker player, win or lose and enjoy yourself. Life is too short to get hung up on the rest of the stuff.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 05:51 PM
(#15)
I'm sorry,
I thought that by making 1500 posts in my 1st 8 months here to rarely ever feeling a desire to visit this place let alone reply in someone's thread would have qualified me as one these M.I.A. members who are fed up with childish resistance from the authoritative figures here.

What do I know.

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 06:25 PM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2007
Lads I agree with your sentiments entirely.

However, we do not count that much in the scheme of things. As long as the forum is achieving traffic, whether that is from new or existing members, that is the bottom line for PSO and Pokerstars. First and foremost, it is a business and the goal is to get more people playing poker and generating rake/income. As long as it achieves that primary goal, general dissatisfaction about how it is run from a member perspective comes way down the list of priorities. It is just business.

As individuals, we have to decide whether all the good things outweigh the bad ones, and if we are unhappy, we always have the right to leave. Still visiting the forum but not participating does not achieve anything in my opinion.

And just one final observation, people generally, and poker players in particular, are difficult to satisfy; they always want more and seem to get petty and wound up if anyone appears to be getting more than they are. Pokerstars/PSO could do everything everyone says and still everybody would not be happy so to some degree I can understand the line they take. PSO is an advertisement for the Pokerstars site and it will be run as they see fit and to best fulfill their business objectives which is to get more people playing poker. It is up to the individual to take it or leave it.

Cheers,

TC

Old
Wed Apr 18, 2012, 07:11 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Joker, don;t make it about something personal or I am happy to dismiss your future threads in this post.

Altough you see one way, I have not only provided evidence to align with my views that are different, it is common sense that more than one view may be applied or accepted as the problem since every problem is a unique experience. In saying that there is some core issues at hand and you mentioned one of them.

The other point is PSo is in the gutter, the community is shredded and now sitting on the side line waiting for change. The fun has gone, active posters are diminishing, Pso has policies for members but not for Pso?

When what you gave as a reason impacts so heavily on members there's actually another underlying issue that is how is it being driven, and how/where do members react. They react in the forum not just in the newly elected thread by PSOGellenfer, and when those members new or old voice their discontent not just with thread closures or "falling into line methods" it is not heard by anyone.

Not only the above mentionedbut in this entire thread there is the issue of the hack approach and mentality that mods do not confer with members, mods do not take forum stuff on board, mods do not take posts of concern, or mass concerns over any issue onboard or to management who can effect change. This is not simply a regulation issue as you put it. Not as i see it anyway.

Simply swallowing this problem will not happen, and like you like me, like Mscringer and many others sadly not here with us to post, (and new mebers to cme) will just leave. Not ecause we are stubborn or had a bad experience but because moderators are the face of Pso, but they them selves are not management. Management do not having a foot in this place, nor a photo, nor any ears. Mods can just go, don't like it, doesn't matter, ignore it and nothing will change wen it is plainly obvious to all others that is crap traeatment/behavior/disrespectful/inpolite/mismanaged/ and when we say such it is dismissed, ignored etc. There needs to be a step where in the forum voiced conerns are dealt with appropriately in a way that can have a dirrect correlation to how the business operates over the long term.
Please feel free to, you'd be joining a long line of people who do.

I not sure I'm following you here. Isn't that what I was expressing?
It might have eluded you because I try not to post the same sentiments on a subject in multiple threads (please, we start threads and then reply to them through posting in them). So I do try to keep my opinion on subjects like this (where they are in more than one place) varied and growing so if any are following and/or remember my sentiments can add them all together into a larger picture instead of the same thing shouted from the rooftop all day and night.

I've said all that I care to on this subject today so there is no need for you to reply again but felt you deserved a response to your post to me.

Old
Thu Apr 19, 2012, 02:00 AM
(#18)
Jig do you ever find the time to play poker or do you just post in the forum.

Take the same energy to tables, perhaps Las Vegas!!!!

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 12:52 AM
(#19)
I am confused as to what is is you actually want.

maybe you could tell me preferably using short single topic sentances rather than a long winded set of paragraphs.

ta

Grade b

Old
Fri Apr 20, 2012, 01:45 AM
(#20)
I think he does it for something to do.

He's attention seeking and has nothing else to do.

He plays poker then complains about it.

He makes long post to forum then complains about it.

He must be bored.

He must fish jig style. Sit there for long periods of time and nothing bites.