Weekends are great for making memories. Sometimes it can be a photo snapped with family and friends during happy times or it could be a memory of your favourite sporting icon getting that magic result. Maybe you even went to a concert to see one of your favourite music stars perform? Whatever it was you can be sure that some of your most memorable memories were made over a weekend.
For a poker player however there's nothing that can make a more long-lasting memory impression than that of binking a big tournament. The adrenaline that pumps through your veins during the final table play and the excitement and relief when you win the final showdown to capture the spoils (and the prize-money) will leave a memory etched into your mind for many years to come.
Dr. Seuss once said that 'Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.' Well, Estonian player 'peevoajax' is certainly one PokerSchoolOnline member will know the value of the moment that they won the Sunday Storm tournament on PokerStars over the weekend netting themselves a cool $26,034 for their efforts. It was the second time this month that a member of this poker school has won the Sunday Storm and we are all very proud here at the school.
It was also a weekend to remember for 'poker@luffyD' from Latvia who won the new Weekender tournament on PokerStars to bag $24,142 in winnings while Belgium player 'girafganger7' won't easily forget the $13,475 that he banked for winning the Weekly Turbo tournament. Other notable results from PokerSchoolOnline members over the weekend include:
- 'Malizia74' from Canada for pocketed $13,237 with their 4th place finish in the Saturday Super Knockout
- 'antepia27' from the United Kingdom who is feeling cozy with the $6,800 they won in the Sunday Warm-up
- 'SonOfBadger' who brought $4,425 back to Pops in the Sett with his 5th place in the Sunday 6-Max
- 'trelskig' from Canada won $2,912 with their 3rd place finish in the Pacific Rim Special
- 'shaneelis69' all the way from Australia who netted $2,701 by finished 2nd in the Weekly NL Omaha H/L tournament.
- 'drawnlive86' from Bulgaria who binked the Saturday 6-Max for $2,420
- '***L***886' from New Zealand took home a sweet $1,504 with their 2nd place in the Saturday PL Omaha H/L
- 'leroux666' from the United Kingdom was happy with the $1,339 they received after finishing 6th in the Saturday Eliminator
- Another UK player 'Mikey-J86' won $1,176 in the Saturday Speedway
- Canadian player 'korjae' won the Weekly Razz for $1,125 and it's back to win wins for this player as last weekend he romped home to win the Weekly 8-Game for $1,260
- and last but by no means least congrats to 'whatsit' also from Canada who won $716.85 with their 3rd place in the Women's Sunday $5K Gtd
Did you have any deep runs in PokerStars tournaments over the weekend? If you did let us know by leaving a comment on Facebook below or by tweeting us @PokerStarsPSO.
Not a PokerSchoolOnline member yet? Good results come to those who work hard at improving their game and at PokerSchoolOnline we give you all the free tools and resources you need to do so. It's completely free to join up so what are you waiting for? Get started today by creating your FREE PokerStars account and join our school.
Download for Windows Download for Mac
Make sure to include the "PokerSchool1000
" marketing code when creating your new account to avail of our '1000 FPP Poker Bonus
'. Please note that the bonus code can only be entered via registration on the desktop client.