Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Update info on moving servers

Old
Update info on moving servers - Wed Jul 17, 2002, 04:57 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I will be copying this email into the software forum and WILL NOT be fining me for duplicate posting :roll:

Tomorrow (Thursday) we are moving all of our servers from 2 different locations to one new location. We believe that this will have a positive effect on our members playing experience. There may be a few hiccups along the way as we convert over and I hope you will all be patient as we make this major change. This will be the end of around a months very hard work and we are all confident everything is lined up to work smoothly.

Gavin has informed me that in the morning he will stop spawning satellites at 9.00am CST and will cancel the 9.00am tournament. He will then make the switch over and expects the servers to come back up at around 10.00am.

There will be a second "down" but he has informed me this will be held off until next week. That one will be for about the same amount of time I believe. We will of course let you all know the detail of that one once we have it scheduled.

The above is all I can tell you at the moment and Gavin intends sending an email out to everyone tonight.

Mark

Old
Wed Jul 17, 2002, 09:13 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
i would be amazed if the servers will be running again at 10am cst if you are stopping spawning the sats at 9 am the 8 am tourny would proberly still be running too i would imagine that the 8 am tourny will not finish till 10 30 am
if you can say how long the servers will be down for from the time of the last table finishing it would be more helpful ( i think by the tone of your post 1 hour)
then when the last person to finish could make a post under here saying what time they went offline then the members would have a better idea.

after saying all that i could be wrong and the server down time could only be a matter of seconds and you are expecting the 8 am tourny and all the sats to finish at 10am

any clarification would be helpful.

Old
Wed Jul 17, 2002, 11:08 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
The poll is black and white.
I've had to vote black, because the gray of the update is darker than lighter.

Old
Thu Jul 18, 2002, 02:34 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I screwed up. I should have put in a "no difference choice"

I hope that everyone will go and download the newest full version from PokerPages if they are having any problems.

Mark

Old
Sun Jul 21, 2002, 08:18 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Due to the move of the servers I think this survey is going to be way out of sync with the truth. The move has caused almost everyone to have some problems since Thursday. I am going to leave everything as is for now and then in a few days time I will ask the same question with a "no difference" option.

I am now going to personally become involved in the well being and improvement of our software.

Mark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com