Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Back to TRUE bad beat stories

Old
Back to TRUE bad beat stories - Sun Oct 13, 2002, 05:03 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
At pay site freeroll, top 9 paid, top spot gets $100.

O8 tourney

Everything going smoothly, I have tripled my starting chips. Most players are baaaad, (but not maniacs). Which is somewhat surprising as you have to get to final table of another tourney to qualify for these.

Then a table change. One player plays every hand to the river. I watch him do this 40 to 50 times. Once out of about 5 times he will fold on the river.

He wins two out of three pots, hand after hand. His stack goes from 5 times starting chips to 20 times starting chips.

Anyway, you can guess who knocked me out of tourney when he made runner runner flush (twice on me). (Both times I had nut str8 on turn, and both times I was playing high only from position and for huge pot odds). These were by no means nut flushes. His typical hand was 3579 suited or not.

In the long run, this is the kind of O8 player you want to play against.

In the short run I literally beat my head up against the wall.

Randy

PS I try not to tell these bad beats, but then something like this happens and I go off the wagon.

rggator, President, BadBeatAholics

Old
Sun Oct 13, 2002, 09:34 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Quote:
Most players are baaaad, (but not maniacs). Which is somewhat surprising as you have to get to final table of another tourney to qualify for these.
Bad tight players beat bad loose players. Probably.

Ok, you want bad beat! My first ever bad beat story. AQ v A4o all-in for about $110k pot, with 3k blinds just outside final table of annual members tourney. Still, it enabled me to go get some food (private joke).

Old
bb - Tue Oct 15, 2002, 08:06 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Noodles,

UR 2 much.

U complained about wanting to go eat. I was the first to enter the pot and came in for a raise and u came back. I don't as a habit lay down to a raise from a player like u that is somewhat tricky. I was looking at the flop. I happened to catch 2 pair on flop. Got u all-n with ur 1 pair hand and let u go get something to eat.

I always try to help my fellow-man. I am the good sumarian type. I knew u were dizzy from lack of food so I took advantage of the situation. Glad I could make ur day.

Old
Re: bb - Tue Oct 15, 2002, 11:54 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschman
I was the first to enter the pot and came in for a raise and u came back. I don't as a habit lay down to a raise from a player like u that is somewhat tricky. I was looking at the flop. I happened to catch 2 pair on flop. Got u all-n with ur 1 pair hand and let u go get something to eat.
Well, I wasn't really complaining. After 3.5 hours I had decided I may as well try and win the thing as an extra hour or so wouldn't have made much difference. It was the first time I had decided to take a proper shot in a round 2 or annual members tourney, due to getting a good start, so I was a bit p**sed that I got knocked out when I did. I wasn't having a go, though your recollection seems a bit off, as I re-raised all-in preflop and you were getting less than 2-1, for most of your stack, on a hand that was clearly going to be just under 3-to-1 dog against 99% of my all-in hands. Even money against 0.5% of my hands and in the 0.5% or so times you were ahead, say against KQ, you would only have been a 3-to-2 favourite or so. To be honest, I was quite glad you called in that spot. That's what I want. I enjoyed my midnight snack though, so thank you for your consideration.

PS. You're one aggressive scary player

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2002, 11:57 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Hmmmmm... "good sumarian"....weren't the Sumarians warriors? Or was it the samaritans that are warriors?....lmao
Sorry Marion, couldn't resist! 8O

'Goddes

Old
lmao - Tue Oct 15, 2002, 07:59 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Well, I had layed down to several re-raised hands and it was getting tedious.

Sometimes it's a gamble and after three or four people pull this (all-in) move, I have to take a stand. I hate getting run over but it does help getting lucky when your buttons are pushed to the limit.

The old addage you have to avoid getting 'unlucky' to win some. I'm sure you will get your share.

Goddess, I had my 'spades' (A :s: , 4 :s: ) ready to do battle. I got lucky and stuck-it to'm. No offense, taken. Sometimes the snake bites, sometimes it's bar-b-q snake.

Old
Re: lmao - Wed Oct 16, 2002, 12:07 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by buschman
Goddess, I had my 'spades' (A :s: , 4 :s: ) ready to do battle. I got lucky and stuck-it to'm. No offense, taken. Sometimes the snake bites, sometimes it's bar-b-q snake.
Ahem. It was A4o :wink:

PS. Make a stand against someone else in future 8O or a least don't get lucky

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com