Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

new tourny schedule....

Old
new tourny schedule.... - Wed Jan 01, 2003, 02:44 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
what happened, we were all told this would be posted on december 31st. which has come and gone. also, mark said that if he didnt make it on to freddie's show on friday, he was going to post in forum his views on a certain topic. what happened to that also? with a new league format starting, i would hate to laose out on a month because the schedule and rules came out late. i hope this all gets posted soon, or is at least responded to in this forum soon.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 03:13 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Click on the "School Schedule" link on your PSO homepage to see the new schedule.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 10:53 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
thanks joe, i have just looked at the new schedule list. and i am rather disappointed, actually a little angry. why ask for our opinion on something, if you just sre not going to listen. i think the students on this forum made it pretty clear, that they wanted the friday night,7p.m. tourny to be one of the big ones, or even the biggest. why was that not done? all that was needed was to change the buy in amount, not rearrange anything. i know mark and tina are out of town right now,but the lack of communcation and not keeping promises is getting very frustrating lately............

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 12:11 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
as a u.k. player it is difficult enough to play any tournaments with over 50 players here
the friday 1pm is usually the biggest field i play in
after playing the 7pm last week i enjoyed it so much i thought late finish was just about worth it-but 8pm? not a chance

Old
Input not taken??? - Wed Jan 01, 2003, 12:24 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Mark and Tina:

Am I reading the schedule right that the Friday 7:00PM tourney is now $200, no added $?

After re-reading your original post on schedule input, and the accompanying responses, I still feel it was evident that the majority of responders wanted a higher buy-in/more $$ added tourney for this particular tourney.

What gives? Why wasn't this accomplished in the new schedule?

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 12:49 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Deleted.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 01:50 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
hazy i just looked at the sched. there a lot of tourneys with added money, i agree with u, makes it more realistic with no added money but unless i looked at the wrong sched. there is still added money.

jokerAA

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 01:58 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Deleted.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 02:41 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
very interesting, if there is no money added then the 7pm on friday night should have a highest buy in.

also, if u look at the link, there are stud multi's at half past the hour, on the proposed schedule they are not there.

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 05:47 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
I have not been involved in the new schedule. I agree with not having added money to so many events.

Regarding the show on Friday night I fell asleep waiting for it to start. Since then I have been traveling and I hope to catch up in the next couple of days.

I will look at the schedule but as usual I would not expect everyone to be happy with it.

We will soon have ring games for school bankrolls so I want to limit the amount of bankroll that is "free"

Mark

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2003, 06:26 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
Since the 1/2 hour stud events are only showing up Wednesday thru Sunday, I expect they are a holdover from the old schedule.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 04:40 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
We ask opinions so that we can make a balanced decision. Just because some opinions that the friday tournament should be bigger havn't been implemented does not mean we have broken promises.

The success of the Friday night 7pm tournament is built around the number of players entering because of Freddies Broadcast. I did not want to tamper with the buy in as there will be many players who would not have the bankroll to enter. Sure there were a few players who voiced there opinion via the forum that this event should have a higher buy in but equally i feel there may be as many players if not more who want the buy in the same.

Mark made it clear that he wanted all added money taken away from buy in tournaments so thats why the 5k added has been dropped.

Finally if FreddyBoy or Bruno feel we have affected this tournament in any way or think we should change anything then why not hold a vote on the show. Everything is not set in stone and if the overwealming majority want a higher buy in then I will make it so

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 06:29 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpagekev
Finally if FreddyBoy or Bruno feel we have affected this tournament in any way or think we should change anything then why not hold a vote on the show. Everything is not set in stone and if the overwealming majority want a higher buy in then I will make it so
Excellent Idea Kev

But it may be a better Idea to hold the vote here in the forum. The reason I suggest this is for people like myself who always listen to the show, but who do not have a Microphone. It would be tough to vote without one.

Just a thought :P

Happy New Year everyone!

Zexxal

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 10:41 AM
(#14)
Deleted user
We are going to put back the added money to the 2 Friday events.
We agree these are the most popular school events and with Freddie boy doing his show, this is the highlite of the week for most of the members.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Regards

Tina

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 11:06 AM
(#15)
Deleted user
Tina said:
Quote:
We agree these are the most popular school events and with Freddie boy doing his show, this is the highlite of the week for most of the members.
Thank-you.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 11:50 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPokerPages

Sorry for any inconvenience

Regards

Tina
I for one don't want the added money putting back. It makes a mockery of what are supposed to be feedback systems. Thank god for Minpin's PPT I guess. I would like it to be a higher buy-in though.

Is this a school, or just a play money site for people to hang out and have fun, whilst at the same time making a bit of money for the owners? It appears to be the latter. If it's the former then changes need to be made.

Also, when are the payout places going to be listed in the game software, so we can finally simulate bubble play and higher? Ridiculous to have a tourney site, supposedly with the intent to produce decent players, and not simulate this area of a tourney.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 12:37 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Both the Friday events have had the added prize money put back in due to 2 fancast shows that are put on around them at the expense of the members running them. The least we can do to support them is keep their events the most interesting of the week.

Noodles, how good are you at Maths?

Mark

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 08:34 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
I appreciate your answer Mark. Don't you think the added money destorts the feedback mechanism?

I think it should be concerned with feedback, but this is obviously not the point of the bankroll figures in your eyes. As it stands, it is just for fun and has no meaning from a 'developing better tourney players' point of view. I guess I just don't understand the point behind the bankroll rank.

Quote:
Noodles, how good are you at Maths?
Not very good unfortunately.

Old
Thu Jan 02, 2003, 09:57 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
I agree with a $200 buy in......and no added money is fine too...

This will allow newer or less bankroll players to play.......

V

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com