Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Deleted

Old
Deleted - Sat Jan 04, 2003, 05:23 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Since my arrival at PSO in early May, I have been one of the most prolific posters here. I am very opinionated, and people do not always agree with me, but I have always said what was on my mind. I have gone out of my way to help as many people as possible, by either sending them my analysis on their play or sweating them as they play a tourney - this at the risk of giving away some of my play which in turn, damages my chances in certain situations. I have posted poker fiction, and some of my personal fiction here for people to enjoy (or not enjoy). In short, I have done everything I can to try and make PSO a better place.

Because of something that happened today, however, I have decided to no longer do so. I will continue to play here, and continue to seek out sponsorship points. I will go to Tunica, and truly enjoy meeting all of you and playing poker with you. Those of you that I talk to privately, I will continue to do so, and I count many of you among my friends.

I will be deleting all of my posts here at PSO (this will take a while). I will no longer post anything further at PSO. I will continue to read the forum, because there is a lot of useful information here, but I will not contribute (whether my information is useful can be debated).

I'm sure you all have seen idle promises such as this before, but any of you that know me, know that this is no such thing. And there is no changing of my mind (mats, you can celebrate now) once I have decided to do something.

I wish you all the best, and continue playing good poker. And remember - it's only a game.

Aaron, aka thehazyone

P.S. This is not because of any school member, wanted to clarify that.

P.S.S. I have decided no table chat is a little drastic, and will no longer do so.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 05:54 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
The only post of yours, I would like to see deleted.......is this one

CLAY

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 05:56 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I for one will greatly miss your contributions.

Why can't this be debated publicly (or privately) and a resolution found? It's been done before.

Whatever .. good luck Aaron! Keep writing.

Regards

Glenn

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 06:16 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I understand that poker is very much an ego driven game. That being said, I don't understand why people here contunually let one, two, or a handfull of other people take something away from them. Are egos that big, or that fragile that we will let someone else determine our level of existence and pleasures?
If you let people take away from you, then it is your loss, more than theirs. You have restricted your options, and your enjoyment of something that you have every right to. Why not ignore what has happened, let it have no effect on you, and go on being you?
The ONLY person here who would make me give up any part or all of what I enjoy here would be Mark, and only then if he said "Get out"!! I, of course, like everyone else, have no idea what brought this about, but I would expect Hazy to be bigger than this, and not let it take away what he is giving up. If a judge dresses you down and "eats you alive" in a courtroom, as some are known to do, are you going to give up practicing law? Yes, it's not the same level of commitment and priority, but it is no less, I chink in the armour.
You quit posting? OK, whoever did what ever propagated this, now has won!!! You, and others who share in your posting, have become the losers. How do you like that spot?

8O

'Goddess

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 06:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I haven't the foggiest as to why you are going this, but if it is because of the actions of one or two people, then those people win and you and the rest of us lose.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 06:38 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Not just you hazy, but a lot of people are taking your path. And I gotta tell you bluntly, I do not agree with it.

Do not let the actions of 1 or 2 people affect you so deeply.

There are always arseholes (like my Brit-speak) out there who are jealous and like to try to make others as miserable as they are.

Randall

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 06:54 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Hazy: I don´t know why you decided to no longer post anything here at pso but however i want you to know that i will not celebrate since you seems to be a nice guy.
Your stories are great and your insight to the game is great :!:
You have a lot to share and your thought have most of the time a good meaning.
I decided myself to no longer post anything here at pso (except for pokermats classic II) a while ago.

I posted a lot more before than i do now and my reason for not doing that may be the same like yours.

I just wanted you to know 2 things :!:

1.I have been reading your stories and i adore your stories :!:

2.I will not celebrate :h:

See ya at the tables
//Mattias "pokermats" aka Mats

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 08:42 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokergoddess
The ONLY person here who would make me give up any part or all of what I enjoy here would be Mark, and only then if he said "Get out"!! I, of course, like everyone else, have no idea what brought this about...
Ooh, you are warm.

Let's hope it is just heat of the moment and Aaron will change his mind tomorrow. Or, of course, that PSO sort it out to his satisfaction, which is what I would hope in these particular circumstances.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 08:50 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Sorry to hear this Hazy, hope you change your mind. Must have been something real bad to make you this mad.

Thief 21

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 09:27 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
It appears to me, Aaron, you have a good reason for this. My guess is it has more to do than just inchoherrant bable. In a general sense I think I know what you are doing. You are standing up for what you believe is right and willing to make personal sacrifices for it. I have been away for awhile so I am well out of touch with the general buzz around here. But, in my short time here, you have made me feel welcome and part of this community. I believe you are a good person and in all your actions, your intentions are for the overall good before yourself. This is an excellant quality and is why I consider your posts of importance amongst all of the Crap. Its nice to see someone speak out (even if it is in contridiction), knowing that the final result will benifit many.

I wish you well in your future online and offline endeavers, and will miss those contributions here. I support you to the fullest extent as a fellow PSO'er and an online friend.

Ru

PS Still waiting for you to send me some of your prev writings????

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 09:32 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
I go away for 1 day and this? WTF Aaron? Send me an email.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 09:42 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
This isn't right. Please re-consider.

I will miss you so much, and I am so thankful I printed out your stories when I had a chance.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 09:54 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
OK

I have no idea what is going on here. None of it makes any sense to me. I wish I had more info so I could try to talk you out of this or at least understand what would make you want to withdraw from the PSO community. I respect your decision and hope you have thought it through completely. I will truly miss your contributions and chat.

Nuff Said

Hope to hear from you by whatever means.

Thanks for what you have given.

Glen

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 09:55 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Hazy,

I am one person out of a ton of us here, who rarely communicates with you directly, but truly enjoy's all you have donated to the school.

No matter if it's a post with you being pi**ed off or one that is filled with extremely valuable information. Your views make the forum what it is. A community. :!:

Don't take what one person has said or done and combine it all into this single package, think of them as a single topic, one that you've reached the end of your discussion with and terminate your time and effort there.

All i am trying to say is don't let one bad apple :doubt: spoil everything you've accomplished over the past months. You've built a nice foundation for yourself here at the school and should continue to move forward.

Just my thoughts, I know with me not communicating with you as much as other they might not mean as much as others. But i just wanted to take the time to tell you.

Thanks for everything

Zexxal

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 10:34 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
I know what happened because I was a witness..watching from the rail.

My only hope is that it gets resolved and as far as principle is concerned..Hazy was ABSOLUTELY RIGHT

I hope the other "party" in question takes into consideration that the customer is always "right" even if he/she is wrong.

You all know what happened to Gimbels.

Catch my drift people? My Mom told me that story...Some here should know that story.

I also stand by my friends!!

:h:
sZ

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 11:02 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
I think hazy is one of the best things in this community. I am sure there are plenty of people that can attest to the fact that hazy goes the extra mile where others wouldn't bother. His support/attitude is an asset to the business. One that it seems they are now going to lose.

The whole table supported Hazy at the time. I think the fact that the whole table were a witness and agreed with hazy's view, should mean that an exception could be made to the general PSO rule in this specific case. Can't each case be judged on it's own merit, and exceptions be made to the general rule in the face of clear evidence, coupled with his opponents at the table giving witness? Is that too much to ask?

Maybe PSO didn't realise that the whole table was behind him, and maybe they had not checked some given hand histories at the time. If not, then maybe they will reconsider now that they do know. I hope so. I just hope that will be enough for Hazy to then reconsider his stance. Unfortunately, it probably won't be. Hazy will be missed in the community.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 11:19 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
Would you guys stop dancing around and fill the rest of us in on what the heck is going on? If this were an incident that was just Hazy and whoever else was involved, that is one thing. I would consider that private between him and them. But this is the second person now who has posted about this. So it is obviously not a secret, just to those of us who weren't at that particular table.

I am not trying to be nosy, just very concerned.

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 11:35 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Aaron,

Your input here at the school is an asset that will be sorely missed. You contribute quite a bit and I am very disappointed with how this matter was handled (or should I say fumbled) by the "authorities".

Sometimes people never appreciate what they have until its taken away. I have appreciated you contibutions. I only hope the "authorities" realize how valuable your contributions were.

I hope you change your mind OR, more importantly, the authorities give you a reason to change your mind.

You are not wrong on this.

Bob

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 12:29 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
Hazy,

It is the nature of the beast that those who contribute are bound to run into differences/problems. In my field (electronic systems maintenance) we have a saying: "If you never break anything, you aren't trying!"

I respect your view and decision, but would like to add a ditto to most of the above posts.

Life is much better when you put on a coat of thick skin and not let the little skirmishes beat you down.

I hope you return.

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger."

Later,
Wendell

PS See you in Tunica

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 12:47 AM
(#20)
Deleted user
I respect your decision. I am sorry for your loss. You have invested a great deal of yourself into PSO. Unfortunate how a single event can derail what we have, in the past, taken for granted. Your leadership in spirit and attitude cannot easily be replaced.

A cold wind blows today.

Martin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com