Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

$400 No Limit Broadcasts

Old
$400 No Limit Broadcasts - Sat Jan 04, 2003, 08:06 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Dear Poker Studs:

I have received several inquiries about broadcasts during the new $400 No Limit Hold'em tourneys. I wanted to get some feedback from all of you! If you would like to see some broadcasts for these new tourneys, then please post a reply. If there is enough interest I will start to schedule broadcasts for these events. Thank you for listening!

Raiderman & Top2Pair

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 08:19 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Guys would love to see you broadcast these events

Thief 21

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2003, 08:50 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I think it would be a good idea. Tonights final table was collectively of a higher quality to anything I have previously seen at PSO. I don't know why. Maybe it was the 20 min rounds. It wasn't so much of a crapshoot like normal during final table play. There was a bit of wiggle room, at least preflop. What I do know is that a number of the opponents played very well. None of that limit crap. The whole tourney lasted almost exactly 5 hours with around 73 players starting, which wasn't bad at all.

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 02:57 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Goot idea !!

8O

'Goddess

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 06:59 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
I think it would be a good idea. Tonights final table was collectively of a higher quality to anything I have previously seen at PSO. I don't know why. Maybe it was the 20 min rounds. It wasn't so much of a crapshoot like normal during final table play. There was a bit of wiggle room, at least preflop. What I do know is that a number of the opponents played very well. None of that limit crap. The whole tourney lasted almost exactly 5 hours with around 73 players starting, which wasn't bad at all.
1 hour between the player going out in 7th and me going out 6th the players in top 5 played a blinder no sitting back and waiting for ladder moves.

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 11:49 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
The only problem with the broadcast is the time

The 10pm last night.......I went out after over 5 hours and I still only came 4th!!!

It went on forever...

But as noodles said, the quality in these is very good

Congratulations to THEHIROLLER for winning, and THOMOSMITH and BIG JERRY you guys played great.

Thomo and myself are from the UK and up till after 7am!

I think from the last 30 down would be interesting and would be about the right amount of time, this would equate to starting the broadcast at least 2 hours after tourny start time.

CLAY

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 11:50 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
sorry it was 8pm not 10pm

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 04:07 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torax

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 09:00 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
please broadcast

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2003, 11:01 PM
(#10)
Since: Jun 2010
GOOT IDEA :!:

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2003, 06:28 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
i think it is a great idea, it's great to listen while playing, excpecially the way the $400 tourney's seem to be going. I recomend, however, if they are taking 5 hours, then not doing the whole event.

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2003, 09:13 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
I agree that a broadcast would be great for these.

As a side note, I wanted to apoligize for having to leave the Saturday tourney early. I had the chip lead with 19 left and had a family emergency. As a result, I had to go on p&f for the remainder. Sorry if my absence had an adverse effect on the play.

I still made it to 10th and lasted for over an hour after I left

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com