Pokerpages.... Help - Tue Jan 07, 2003, 03:16 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I did the new update..... Now I cant login.... I get a big error page.... HELP

Old
A Reminder - Tue Jan 07, 2003, 03:20 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Too late to help you, crazylegs, but in the past more than one update has caused problems on people's desktops.

STRONGLY urge folks to either:
- have downloaded a copy of the previous version and KEEP it archved on their computers in case it becomes necessary to "back rev"; OR,

- with two computers, ONLY update one until you're sure the new update works/you like it!!

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2003, 03:25 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Crazy, as you know we have released a new version today. There may be some people that have problems and as soon as we become aware of the issues we will work on resolving them today. In order to resolve your problem immediately you could go to the download page and download the whole program. That will solve the problem immediately for you. This only applies to someone that experiences the same problem as Crazy.

Mark

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2003, 03:54 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK
Crazy, as you know we have released a new version today. There may be some people that have problems and as soon as we become aware of the issues we will work on resolving them today. In order to resolve your problem immediately you could go to the download page and download the whole program. That will solve the problem immediately for you. This only applies to someone that experiences the same problem as Crazy.

Mark

Im having the same problem, I downloaded it and now I get a zillion errors and it wont boot up. To make it worse, I can't download anything directly from the internet on internet explorer. I can only do updates such as the one today. How am I supposed to get the old software back?

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2003, 04:44 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
i DOWNLOADED THE WHOLE PROGRAM AND GOT THE SAME RESULTS...

A WHOLE PAGE OF ERRORS!!!

I WANT MY POKER..WAAAAA

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2003, 06:06 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Version 2.15b is now released, which should fix the fatal error those using 800x600 screen resolution have been getting. Those with the fatal error have three options to resolve it:

1) Obtain the update manually by clicking Start Menu->Programs->PokerPages Software->Check for updates from the internet. This should launch the update program directly (bypassing the fatal error in the client), and once it installs version 2.15b you will be back to normal.

2) Change your screen resolution to 1024x768 or higher. You will then be able to run the software as usual, which should prompt you to download the 2.15b update.

To set your screen resolution to 1024x768 or higher -- right-click the Desktop, choose Properties, click the Settings tab, and move the Screen Area slider to 1024x768. After receiving and installing the update, you may change your resolution back to 800x600 and restart the client.

3) Perform a full reinstall of the software. Follow the normal steps at http://www.pokerpages.com/poker-software/download.htm

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2003, 06:07 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Same thread, uninstalled old, then reinstalled "New and Improved"l from PokerPagesOnline to desktop. Still had a problem, until 4:40 CST where I used the update "Poker Pages Software" icon on desktop. This allowed me to get to the lounge. Now incurring problems with computer locking up totally. :evil:

BTW, after looking at the garish colors in the lounge, IMO, these need to be muted alot for easier readability. 8O

Also, what happened to the lounge link "INFO" to Poker Pages? Answer is it is now "FAQ"...never mind. LOL at myself.

Old
Tue Jan 07, 2003, 06:39 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
It appears that screen resolution was causing the computer lockup. Everything seems to be running better at the higher resolution,
EXCEPT, I am going to go blind with the much smaller images.

I think I did everything Shawn advised, changing the screen resolution, updating, and running the .exe program, but if I return to the 800x600 resolution, BOOM, super lockup again if I "observe" a table.

FYI, super lockup=total reboot.

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2003, 10:57 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Beeker,

While we work on the 800x600 issue, one thing you can do to make the 1024 screen resolution easier on your eyes is to adjust your font and window size in your desktop properties. If you right click on your desktop and chose properties, click on the tab that says "appearance", You can see that you can change the size and appearance of just about everything in windows (font, window border, color, etc) If you play around with some of those settings, specifically the font size, you should be able to get it to a more bearable setting until we get it fixed.

Tim

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2003, 11:12 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Thanks, Tim that is better.

Phil

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2003, 01:24 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
The resolution is fixed now so you can all take the lates update and return to your 800 x 600 if you like. Please see my other post though about those of you with Java 1.3 at the top of the general forum.

Mark

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com