Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Thinking things through

Old
Thinking things through - Wed Jan 08, 2003, 12:31 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I just finished a NLHE satellite and thought I'd share a particular hand with you. The lesson I learned from the hand is that if I stop to think things through, I may see that the best move is completely the opposite of my first instinct.

I was in the BB with AKo, a player 2 seats to the left of me makes a pot size raise. I called (just the 2 of us). The flop brought 27J. I check. He makes a pot sized raise (roughly half of either of our stacks -- I had about a $500 lead on him). I almost immediately go to fold the hand. Instead, I hit the time button and think it through. After really thinking about what hand he may have, I decided to reraise all-in. I correctly put him on a medium pocket pair, which he told me was TT and then folded.

I picked up a huge pot in a situation where my 'automatic pilot' was inclined to fold. As I get ready for my trip to Tunica, I'm going to be sure to stop and think before EVERY move I make and not just go with my first inclination. I know that seems like obvious advice, but it is much harder to follow than I thought.

Andrew

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2003, 04:45 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
you read was good
and your bluff worked here in school but dont expect it too in B&M i think his fold was wrong if he had over 50% of his stack in pot
unless the next seat paid and there was another short stack

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com