Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Tourney broadcasts

Old
Tourney broadcasts - Thu Jan 09, 2003, 07:57 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Hello everyone:

It has come to my attention that some players are unhappy with the shows that Top2Pair and myself are doing on Friday nights. Whether it is the content, discussion topics, or opinions that are expressed on the show, I do not know. Some people have expressed that the show violates the ability to play fairly and that it is having a negative impact on the outcome of the tournaments we are covering.

Myself and Top2Pair put a lot of time and effort (and $$$) into the shows that we do. We do them for the benefit of the players at PSO and to provide some exciting live coverage of the big tournaments. I am prepared to cancel our upcoming Friday night show and cease our broadcasts altogether. I do not want to continue to put my time and effort into a venture that is offending players and sending the message that I don't believe in fair play.

I am asking for some feedback from anyone who has ever listened to our shows.

Do you think our shows affect fair play in a tournament?
Do you think our shows have a negative impact on tournament outcomes?
Do you think our shows are offensive or otherwise insulting?

I will let our listening audience decide whether or not the Top2Pair & Raiderman Show will continue or end, because you are the reason why we do the show in the first place. Thank you for your feedback on this issue.

Sincerely,

Top2Pair & Raiderman

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2003, 08:13 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
This is the biggest bull crap I have ever heard. Who is complaining about the show send them to me. Your show is Amazing I love listening to you two you have me on the floor all night laughing.

Here's my answers

Do you think our shows affect fair play in a tournament?
NO!!!!!!

Do you think our shows have a negative impact on tournament outcomes?
NO WAY!!!!!

Do you think our shows are offensive or otherwise insulting?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO!!!!

One thing I would like to point out:

about 3 weeks ago I was one of the final 25 or so players remaining, I was on air talking to the Hosts', They politely asked me to leave the show while I remained in the Tournament so that no one would accuse them of being unfair etc. I left the broadcast. Someone please tell me how this constitues a negative impact on tournament outcomes?

In my opinion these to gentleman put on a great entertainment value, Leave them ALONE. Who are the jerks out to ruin all thats good about PSO??? This radio must stay on the air, You guys get forced into quitting and I'm outta here, My brother 2. I never enjoyed the site so much untill I found out how to listen to the broadcasts(Freddie's to). What can possibly be wrong with 2 guys sacrificing their friday nights and personal money for the betterment of this community?

Top & Raiderman are well educated on Poker and give an excellent entertainment value to the listener. If money is an issue I would like to Donate or help sponsor the show.

Thief 21

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2003, 09:29 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
If there are people complaining--all I can say is that we have some very "sick" people that belong to this site.

Yours & Freddies show are great.

Joybell

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2003, 09:34 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Who ever said that the shows are affecting the outcome of the T's is a Moron, I think the shows are very informative and an asset to the to the players at Poker School.

Tony D

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2003, 09:45 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
ditto to all above replys

getoutnow!

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2003, 09:48 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
YOU HAVE A GREAT SHOW!!!

DON'T LET RUMORS OR GOSSIP TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY.

I WISH PEOPLE WOULD JUST SHUT UP!! :evil:

:h:
Sz

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2003, 11:45 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I have thoroughly enjoyed your show and I applaud anyone willing to put extra time (and even money!) into improving the site. Thank-you very much. I along with most of the site appreciate it very much.

Having said that, I do have one issue with these broadcasts in general. This is not a specific criticism of you or Top2Pair or anyone else. I know this has been brought up before, but Im going to speak my mind and then shut up about it.

I am a firm believer in one player to a hand. Let me give you an example of where I feel this rule was violated.

This was during my first B&M N/L tournament; I had made it down to the last three tables. The player to my right was very aggressive and I believe not very experienced. He had been stealing my BB when play no other players had entered the pot. Every time he did it, I looked down to find junk so I folded. Blinds were $1000 / $2000 at this point and I had $14k before I posted by BB. No one else had entered the pot and he says casually
Quote:
Raise it $10,000.
He had about $20k total. I looked down to find KQs and began counting my chips. He watched my activity with a look of alarm and groaned when I pushed all in, a raise of only $2k. At this point, his buddy who was playing to his right said
Quote:
What do you have, 2 7 offsuit? You have to call.
Mr. Blind Stealer replies
Quote:
No its worse
and continues to think for awhile. Of course I dont care what he has; I DO NOT WANT A CALL. And I think most people would agree that regardless of his holding the correct play here is to call. Well eventually, much to my relief, he folds. I was so relieved that I didnt say anything about his buddies comments, but I should have called the floor over. As it turns out, this hand enabled me to make the final table and the money. Would you call their discussion collusion? I sure would.

Now lets say this hand is replaying itself here in PSO. We are nearing the final table and broadcasters are discussing the hand. The inexperienced, aggressive player raises $10k and I go all in for an additional $2k. The announcers correctly state
Quote:
Hey he has to call its only $2k more!
In addition to lots of people on the rail and at other tables, this entire table is listening in to the broadcast. There are two or three announcers, experienced and known on the site as good players stating perhaps the obvious. How does our inexperienced player react in this situation? I believe 9 times out of 10 he calls. And when he spikes a 3 on the river to go with his 3 6 offsuit after the first four cards revealed neither a K nor a Q how do I feel? How would you feel? Is it really the same thing as making the play with no feedback from an announcer? The end result sure is the same.

From the posts I have read, I guess my opinion on this subject is in the vast minority. And Im not going to stop listening to you guys, or Freddie or anyone else who cares to broadcast if they discuss hands while they are in play. It is yet another opportunity to learn from those with more experience than I and it does make playing here even more enjoyable.

But if I had my druthers, announcers would not discuss how to play a hand while it is in play. There is always the chance that announcers have an impact on the play, especially with inexperienced players.

One player to a hand. Seems reasonable to me.

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2003, 09:15 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
everyone,

joe and jeff, freddie and bruno are 4 respectable players. I am sure that "IF" anything is said that would influence anyone it is surely by accedent.

The broadcasts are not run by the school, they run these themselves.

They do not have to put the time, money and effort into them, but to it as a courtisy for us. Don't ruin it for those of us that enjoy listening to the show, view and opions of these fine people and those that call in.

We are all grownups and should be able to make our decisions for ourselves on how to play. When a player acts (calls, folds, or raises) I am sure his/her mind is made up long before it is there turn to act and anything that anyone might say (or type into the chat) isn't influencing there decision, regarless of how long they hit the time botton for.

If you don't like it don't listen.

thank you everyone for your broadcats.

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 08:18 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Raider lets get one thing straight here....I went out and bought a BRAND NEW COMPUTER...so that I could listen to you and T2P and Freddie.

This is my 2 cents worth (.05 cents Canadian) I have invested a lot of money and time here at this school. I need all the help I can get, your shows with T2P and Freddie's shows are GREAT. They are very insightful for me as a relatively new poker player and are one of the reasons that made me consider coming back to this school.

YOUR SHOWS ARE GREAT...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK YOU THREE AND THANK YOU.

I look forward to many more broadcasts.

BC

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 08:21 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
forgot one thing....thief21's comments...I couldn't agree more.

BC

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 08:38 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Don't quit. Keep up the good work!

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 08:54 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
The old cliche' about no good deed going unpunished seems true here. I don't know who or why anyone would complain about this, but to me it sounds like there is always one or more person whos' maturity level is not up to the point of keeping ones sour grapes to ones self.

Top, Raider, keep up the good work. And accept my personal thank you for doing this for us. Please don't quit. Also, I'll be happy to send you a check for contribution any time your personal funding is not adiquate for the porpose of continuing your show.

Don't quit.

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 09:23 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
I can see no talk about a hand in a real $$$$$$ tournament or a PSO big event..... But people we are playing for FUNNY $$$$$$$$

Please do the shows i love them.... ty guys for all u do

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 10:02 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
You have got to be kidding me. All this time I thought it was for real. :roll: :roll:

Joybell

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 10:21 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
you guys are better than freddie lets put it that way..........

Vega$

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2003, 11:26 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Your show is great, as a matter of fact any show that focuses on PSO is great. I only hope you expand your broadcast to include other events like O8. If you decide to let me know I would love to be a guest on your show.

MadProfessor

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2003, 12:08 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
last week they did comentary from a pokerdollars PLO8 final table

Old
Tourney Broadcasts - Wed Jan 15, 2003, 10:38 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Thank you all for your support and friendly comments. I am glad that I put the issue to all of you instead of listening to some whiners. As you know, the Top2Pair & Raiderman Show will continue because of the listeners. Thanks again!

Top2Pair & Raiderman

"When life gives you lemons, don't suck!"

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 05:46 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
i like lemons

Old
broadcasts - Thu Jan 16, 2003, 05:06 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
1. NO
2. NO
3. NO

This is your show and you have kindly set it up for us all to enjoy.
Please don't change a thing unless you feel it will improve the show: changinging on account of someone's non-objective criticism basically equates to censorship. Your broadcasts add immeasurably to my enjoyment of the tournaments since I'm usually watching the final few tables. I think you are doing a great job!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com