Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Some Questions for PSO

Old
Some Questions for PSO - Mon Oct 14, 2002, 05:59 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
When will the new schedule (slated to begin Nov 1) be presented for preview and comments?

Will the next software update get rid of the "showdown delay" when there is no showdown?

On disconnects, it was promised that a soon to be released update would take us back to the login screen instead of closing the program down completely. Is this close?

How far away are we from showing all-in hands when no further action is possible (as per the most widely used tournament rules)?

Has anyone else noted the (seemingly) high rate of single-suited flops (and never of MY suit) recently?

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2002, 04:32 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Joe,
I have sent the link to your post to our technical team and they will answer you, re your technical questions.

Kevin and I are working on the new schedule and we do intend to post it here for debate prior to implementing it

Thanks for the reminders and keeping us on our toes.

Regards
Tina

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2002, 08:44 AM
(#3)
Thanks for responding Tina.

Old
Re: Some Questions for PSO - Tue Oct 15, 2002, 10:35 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpinJoe
Will the next software update get rid of the "showdown delay" when there is no showdown?
That actually turned out to be a server issue, which would result in an additional delay of between zero and ten seconds longer than normal at the end of a hand where every player folded except one. Gavin said that the fix for this should be live on all games now, so if you see this issue still please let us know.

Quote:
On disconnects, it was promised that a soon to be released update would take us back to the login screen instead of closing the program down completely. Is this close?
Currently we are close to working on it, not close to releasing it. So three to four weeks minimum.

Quote:
How far away are we from showing all-in hands when no further action is possible (as per the most widely used tournament rules)?
Same as above, except that the disconnect issue is a significantly higher priority.

Quote:
Has anyone else noted the (seemingly) high rate of single-suited flops (and never of MY suit) recently?
Ah yes, I forgot to include that new feature in the last set of release notes. It should only happen for anyone whose username starts with 'Trumpin''...:wink:

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2002, 08:33 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
TrumpinJoe wrote:
TJ, I am waiting for the expose on flopping nut straights to your 97 holdings to my 2 pair. Twice today once heads up and the second 3 handed, you put me out.

Definitely not a bad beat post. I deserved both. LOL.

Phil.

Old
Tue Oct 15, 2002, 10:00 PM
(#6)
Shawn,

Thanks for offsetting the busted flush flops with the made straights. It is a nice change of pace. I hope it keeps up for another month or two. :wink:

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com