flop 944
check
raise from MP
call
turn A
check call

river Q
check calls loses to AA

the software is messed up every time i get a hand the loose maniac (or sometimes good player) is getting a monster

raising from button BB is waking up with AA or KK
flopping a set getting rivered by flushes
omaha hi only holding 99Tj flop 78j turn 2 river 9 beaten by QT

holding ace flush maniac hits his straight flush

roll on next sunday i am going to take a break before i hit something that hits back.

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2003, 09:01 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
the river is starting to gt more and more predictable. I have said it in another post by u iron. (when the AA and QQ got beat by 55 when the 55 hit the flush).

when players are allin expecially, u see there cards and you know what is going to come.

It happens the other way as well, being the JJ vs an AA a J flops then and Ace comes on the river, or A rivers a str8. Never at a B&M would you ever see this. I haven't even seen it as much on a online pay site.

I think the random generator needs to be checked.

Old
Fri Feb 21, 2003, 07:51 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
They are all fixed IMO. DRAMA is the reason why, at least on
this site anyway. Other sites so the rake will be big. Nothing
they say will change my mind. Random Generators are
programable, no doubt in my mind.

Tom

Last edited by deleted_username; Mon Aug 18, 2008 at 11:47 AM..

Old
Sat Feb 22, 2003, 06:38 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Has the hand dealing software changed in the last few months?
One the one hand I've never seen so many str8's+4-flushes hit on the river, but on the other I've never seen so many rivers , full stop. The play has got much looser of late, so maybe we're just getting the chance to see more suckouts? Dunno.

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2003, 06:50 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I've been drawn out on all night, and this is my first ever night here!

Solution: go to the 3/6 table, tilt, raise away your whole bankroll like a lunatic.

OK maybe NOT

But it did remind me that the maniac always gets it in the end, and with that tonight i will sleep like a baby.

Old
Mon Apr 14, 2003, 09:42 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
from an old post, pso staff said the old random number generator was switched out about 3 months before bugsys opened up. this is when all the complaints about a dramatic or rake inducing type of hand was being dealt. i lliked the original rng best, but they say this is the one used by most online poker rooms, which may describe why it has been playing a bit like the other sites out there.

then again i may be wrong, but i think all these complaints started happening about 2 weeks to a month after the rng was switched. is it expensive for these programs? can they be switched? and what does pso staff and management think about this?

i have seen some horrifc beats in live play also, wether it is a single table sat, a multi table tourny, or ring game. crazy draws hit all the time. the two outer spikes the river. the 400 to 1 shot hits on the turn, etc........ i personally think, as long as you can not see the actual shuffle of the cards, people will always be suspicious of the deal. i cant tell you how mnay times i personally have been accused of being a house player for bugsys club, because i seem to be sooooooooo lucky, and i cant tell you how wrong that is!!!!!!! i had won my fair share, and i have also lost my fair share. i still think that with this rng, if you play proper poker, selective aggression will pay off for you in the long run, as long as your bankroll can handle the swings that go along with big bet poker and tournament play.......

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2003, 06:06 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
RIVER RATS

i just busted out in last place AGAIN

Outplayed my oponent AGAIN

had poket 10's busted AGAIN

by an ace on the river AGAIN

Ranting over. thank you.

Old
Tue Apr 15, 2003, 05:44 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Do u rant when you get the ace on turn or river?
It has happened to me lots of time, and sometimes I had the ace and outdrew my opponent, and sometimes I was outdrawn. Maybe u fail to remember when you are lucky but can't erase these bad beats from ur memory when u suffer it.
I suppose keeping exact stats is the answer.
BTW, I understand that failing RNGs can be exploited, but I don't see how they would make these bad beats happen more than they should.

FRC

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 09:36 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRC
Do u rant when you get the ace on turn or river?
It has happened to me lots of time, and sometimes I had the ace and outdrew my opponent, and sometimes I was outdrawn. Maybe u fail to remember when you are lucky but can't erase these bad beats from ur memory when u suffer it.
I suppose keeping exact stats is the answer.
BTW, I understand that failing RNGs can be exploited, but I don't see how they would make these bad beats happen more than they should.

FRC
FRC, this IS the 'bad beat' forum. BUT If lecturing is what you enjoy, i'll be happy to take you to school at the table 8) be sure to bring your pen and paper too :P

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 11:23 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
chiplead,

TT is a nice starting hand, but isn't a monster like so many people seem to think it is. You didn't say what the guy's other card (than the Ace) was, but if he had top pair/top kicker, I would not be surprised to see him call your allin. An Ace hitting on the river (or ANY of the 4 possible types of overcards to a ten) can possibly seal your fate.

Poker happens.

Jahana

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 12:10 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Your absolutely right Johana.

I'm new, just figured this was a place for clearing your mind.

Seems my post is developing a fan club though so HERE is what happened.

dealt 10 10

utg raise
mid position re-raise - i put him on AK
i call re raise
utg folds

heads up pot

A 3 10 rainbow

opponent bets - i figure this rules out rockets based on his previous tricky play

i call

turn brings a 7

opponent bets the pot

I move all in

Called

Ace hits the river

Goodnight me.

I figure he had 2 cards to hit, the 2 aces left in the deck.

Hope that clears things up!

I agree 10's arent as good as some think. But i rate them the 5th best hand in hold'em, a monster in my book!

From now on im just going to do my talking at the tables.

Good luck all.

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 02:01 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
So , did he have the AK ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplead
agree 10's arent as good as some think. But i rate them the 5th best hand in hold'em, a monster in my book!
Yeah, and on that scale 22 is the 13th best hand, but a real pig to play 8)

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 04:13 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
Yeah, and on that scale 22 is the 13th best hand, but a real pig to play
to me 22 is the easiest hand to play. only play it if you can limp or get in fairly cheap, flop a set or fold to any bet. the easiest hand their is to play in my opinion. 10/10 and JJ, and QQ are the hardest hands to play, in my opinion. seem to lose too much with them, maybe because i have tendancy to overvalue them....

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 05:11 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Yes, the RIVER RAT turned over AK!

Theres been some good points made in this thread. I can tell im going to enjoy being a member here already.

22 is one of my PERSONAL favourites.

JJ is a BOMBSCARE. Beware the hooks!

Be lucky people. But not TOO lucky...

Old
Wed Apr 16, 2003, 06:43 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Wait, he turned over AK?

Where's the beat? You would win that hand, 10's full of Aces vs. trip Aces.

Jahana

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2003, 07:11 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
Well spank my ass and call me shirley, I WON!

I thought i was seeing things yesterday when i had trips busted by TWO PAIR. Maybe i was.

Maybe i dreamt the whole thing, but i'm not going to be checking out bugsy's club in a hurry.

Did he really have AK?, did he fill up too?, did i even look at what he turned over?...my head hurts, i want my mummy, i need to go lie down.

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2003, 07:58 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
That's what I was thinking too, Jahana.

Bad Beats. -- Remember the hand in the WPT from Costa Rica with Luis and Jose? A-10 vs KK. The two chip leaders go allin preflop. Flop comes 10-10-? Luis is jumping up and down!!! ( He has the A-10). Turn is a KING. River is a blank.

Software issues? Stuff Happens. Happiest guy at the table was the short stack, who was not involved.

Shane.

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2003, 11:05 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
Ouch, I never did see that one Shane.

My most recent memory of a big tournament bad beat was GUY BOWLES in the poker million final. First he had KK beat up by A 10 suited (Jimmy White). THEN he had rockets busted from the BB all in, by a flush i think...was it Jimmy White again? meh, it was harsh anyway.

That Jimmy White (lucky!) victory has brought about a FLOOD of maniacs here in the UK. Thank you Jimmy!

Peace and Love to you all.

Old
Thu Apr 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
If you REALLY believe it is the software, rather than short term fluctuations or a lack of attention (not noticing all the allin gutshots that dont hit against you, etc) then the solution is simple :!: Start playing gutshots and runner-runners for all your chips. You know you'll hit because you honestly believe the software is set up that way. Or do you believe it is only set up that way for everyone but you? If the software is gonna pay off these longshots, then play em.

Old
Crazy stuff - Sun Apr 20, 2003, 02:57 AM
(#20)
Deleted user
I was playing on PartyPoker and will probably never play there again with real money again. Here is one reason. I am on the button with Akhearts and reraise an early pos. He then raises me back again. I put him on the high pair, so I call to see flop.
Flop: Ah, Kc, 5h. He bets, I raise, he reraises, I call(afraid of trips).
4th street: 9h-- It caps, i got the nuts.
River is another 9.
He whips out his 5 9 offsuit. FULLHOUSE :evil:
What in the hell was that. I could not even think after that.
I just quietly left the site, fixed me a drink, and threw my cat. (jk)
The drink part was a lie. :twisted: :lol:
I have seen similar things like this happen on the site and it seems like I am playing against a robot. I try getting them to talk when this happens and no response. I simply ask them to just say anything. They leave the room shortly after I say something. Coincidence???

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com