Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Tunica

Old
Tunica - Sun Jan 12, 2003, 02:50 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
First of all Berry, you are a fantastic speaker. The info you presented at Tunica was great along with your unique speaking style. I look forward to learning from you.

Thanks

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2003, 03:42 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Barry,
You are my new bestest favorite poker player!!!!! Still think we should take your show on the road! With your presentation and my expert "finger" skills....the sky's the limit.
Have to just say to you, even tho I was aware of most of the information you presented, your style, delivery, and humor, makes an audience hang on your every word!
Your were just great !! A real pleasure meeting you.

8O
'Goddess

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2003, 10:57 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Barry:

AWESOME. Thank You so much for making the trip to Tunica, for your wonderful presentation, and the extra time you spent with all us PSO folks. Looking forward to more lessons.

Shane aka Jeff

Old
Tunica - Mon Jan 13, 2003, 12:16 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Hi. I just returned from lovely Tunica. Thaks for the kind words. The PSO community is terrific and it was very nice meeting y'all.

Goddess, I an kind of sorry I could not present anything you didn't already know, though I am glad you enjoyed the way I said it. If you will please make a list of the stuff you do not know, I will try to do a seminar on that. :-)

Oh, I see, a very short seminar...

I am glad you enjoyed my talk. I hope we do another next year.

Best,

BarryT

Old
PSO Seminar - Mon Jan 13, 2003, 12:47 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Barry,
I too found your presentation and informal advice very helpful. I was able to average 4 big bets an hour (that's right, four) in a 10-20 holdem cash game Saturday evening by just correcting some of the errors you pointed out. A nice rush of cards helped also. I know I won't get that result all the time, but it did show me that as you said, it is necessary to "re-tool" and analyze my game from time to time. It was a privilege to meet you and I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe we'll meet at the airport again when I'm looking for Lou Krieger. Now THAT was luck.

Penguin8
(Mark Vines)

Old
Excellent Speaker - Tue Jan 14, 2003, 04:33 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
What a pleasure to meet you. You could do stand up at the improv - great presentation. I'm even taking free cards now lol.

Looking forward to learning from you.

Spiegel

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 08:25 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
You mean that wasnt Robin Williams? 8O

Damn! Nolan promised Robin was up next and the guy was so funny, I thought it was him. :roll:

How come I feel like I should be disappointed........... :?

But Im not! :wink:

Bob 8)

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 12:39 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Barry,

Thanks for your talk in Tunica, great job!

Now, i've been reading some of doyle's super system, and find myself in a mental battle.

Playing very aggressive style is something I hear alot about, however you also hear that basic solid poker wins the cash most of the time.

When to be the guy on attack vs. the guy who can lay down a monster. I describe my game as one of few gambles, when i move i feel i have the best of it. But I find myself getting short stacked too often in this case, in tourneys. I know you play more ring games but was wondering if you could advise me on wheather my style is too tight for tourneys or not.

Question for you #2.
With the hands you play vs. the pros in your game how do you get action if you are playing the premium hands? I took that from you talk, if I'm wrong please explain.

Thank you
for your time

ASTRO
Don Turley

Old
Reply to Astro - Wed Jan 15, 2003, 01:23 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Hi, Astro: I tried to answer your question in the next thread: tight, aggressive thoughts.

Thaks for asking.

BarryT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com