Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

What A Time!! :)

Old
What A Time!! :) - Sun Jan 12, 2003, 05:18 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Just got back from Tunica/WPO! I unfortunately had to leave early, due to some work responsibilities up north! I HAD A BLAST!!! For all of you PSO'ers who didn't get to make it this year, start making your plans for the next one!! You do NOT want to miss it!!!!
I'll start off first by saying I came home about 200 dollars ahead. That was after all expenses, so it was a profitable trip. If you include the free food and booze, I'm probably up another 1500 dollars (100 in food, 1400 in booze!! LOL)!!
I feel like a played very well, and can honestly say that I never went out of a tournament, when I didn't have "the best of it" going in! The hand I remember most vividly is: Player 2 raises 1/2 his stack early in a satellite! I know the player and know he plays crap cards. I raise him "all in" from the BB with AKs. He calls and turns over KQ. First 2 cards on the flop are QQ. Needless to say, I wasn't happy with that! lol He won, I was gone. I knew I had him,,,the cards didn't!
Such was my luck at the WPO!!
The Wednsday Night/Thursday Morning 3/6 Hold Em, PRIVATE PSO Table was more fun than a person should legally be able to have!! I haven't laughed that hard since my LSD taking days in the 70's!!!! My stomache STILL hurts!!!!
Some of the more memorable points of my trips were:

1. Free Booze!!
2. Scott Nguyen being in the room next to mine!
3. Meeting and talking with T.J. Cloutier
4. Pokergoddess losing my money for me!! LOL
5. Oil Doe's shapely rear region!
6. Free Booze!!
7. Giving Randy Jensen a hard time. (Didn't know who he was!!)
8. Cocktail Waitresses!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!
9. Having 3 players call,,and RAISE my "quad A's" to the river in a
10/20 Hold 'Em Game! WHAT A POT!!!!
10. ASTRO drunk!!! LOL
11. Laughing 'til I almost puked, with CARDSTER!!!

EVERYONE I met was absolutely GREAT!!! But I have to mention just a few names!!
MOVINGABOUT and SHOELESS JOE!! You guys are all right!!! You better keep in touch, or I'll come over there to the UK and liven things up a bit!
PONYGEE,,,,I love you, baby!!!
RANGER RICK!!! Had a BLAST with ya!! Thanks for all the tips and the time you spent with me!! I'll never forget it!!!
OIL DOE!!! The "offer" STILL STANDS!! ROFLMAO!!!
POKERGODDESS and MORON!!! I still owe you that steak dinner. We'll get it the next time, when I don't have to leave early!! Love you guys!!

ASTRO, TRISAIL, AND CARDSTER!!! What can I say but,,,WHOOHOOO!!! You think it was "wild" THIS time,,,wait'll NEXT time!!! You guys are fun as @#%%!!!

Last, but not least,,,TORAX, you big hunk of man, you!!! I'm NOT going to try and "out eat" you the next time!!!!!!

Oh,,and ONE more thing!! NEW JANE,,,you need to learn to "open up" a bit, and not be so SHY!!! ROFLMAO "Love you, too, baby!"

I was SO SAD to have to leave early, and hope to get back for the "Main"!!! It was the time of my life, and I cannot WAIT for the next one!!!!

I know I'm leaving some out, and it is NOT intentional. I'm limited not only on time, but also on brain cells!!! PSO was definately the most dominant group there, as a whole, and I had at least 5 people tell me alone, that they were planning on joining when they returned home! I think the event will be more successful than Mark and Tina even planned!!
I'm rambling now, and am sure I'll remember much more, and may add some later!!!!
Missed playin with ya's that weren't there,,,but wish I didn't have to leave early!!!!
And I just remembered, I also bought a BUNCH of stuff while I was there, so I'm up more than I thought!! YeeeHawww!

Old
Sun Jan 12, 2003, 11:12 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Indy_Bob
I will never forget the sight of your Hawiian shirt hanging on my bedpost...OH WAIT, that wasn't yours...OOPS, sorry :P

IT WAS A BLAST...can't wait for the next time..

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 12:30 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Bob, it was great fun meeting you and I cant wait till I see you again. Next time though we will really have to party!!! I hate that you had to leave early. I will miss you bud. See you at the tables!!

torax

Old
You the Man - Mon Jan 13, 2003, 01:17 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
Indy,

You the man, you flipping party anamail. I am so glid I got to know you this year. Again YOU THE MAN>.....

I love ya and cant wait to snap your ass in the sats and rurnys.

Tell we meet again my good friend Bob

Cardster

PS Dido om that Doe thing. Shes the bomb.

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 07:02 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I DON'T DRINK !!!

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 08:40 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torax

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 02:11 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
INdyBob, it was a blast meeting you, man. You're a riot. Wish we had gotten to hang out more! Next time, then! You're a madman!

--Greagar

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 02:25 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
VERY WELL

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 02:05 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Bob,

You are definitely a riot - and a nice guy to boot!

Aaron

Old
Tue Jan 21, 2003, 01:51 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Hey Bob!

Great trip report, you certainly looked as though you were enjoying yourself!

Both Tony (Movingabout) and I enjoyed meeting up and talking with you and look forward to the next time when we meet up again (although I seem to remember that you said you might be coming to the UK, some time in the future?)

You take care now, it was our pleasure meeting up with you

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com