Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Big One III Schedule Change

Old
Big One III Schedule Change - Mon Jan 13, 2003, 01:29 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
There has been a schedule change to the annual events and round 2 tournaments for the Big One III... times are now

Sat: 1:30pm CST
Sun: 7:30pm CST

Click here for full calendar

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 02:02 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Are there others who don't like this? Now I can only play in one event, because I can't afford to stay up until two o'clock in the morning on a Sunday night, lest I oversleep and not arrive at work until ten or eleven.

Chris

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 02:10 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
there are players that could not play either last time as they would have to start at 2 am on a saturday or finish in early hours on a sunday

i personally have no problem with either
but i do think its fair that its swapped around for differnt timezones to get a chance to play at a reasonable hour

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 03:05 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Seems more than a little odd this way around. In the UK it would mean the Sunday event not even starting until 0.30 am Monday morning, so we can forget about an early start to work if we play in that one. At least the other way around we could catch up on missed zzzzz's from Saturday's tourney during Sunday!

Guess there must be some thinking behind this but did does seem like it will be worse for the majority (not to mention the "it wasn't like this when I paid my money to join" brigade!)

You have to laugh,
The Chuckle

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 03:12 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I agree with the Chuckle on this one. The Sunday time is way odd for UK/Europe people. WHO does that time please???

I have no big problem with it, but, like Black Aces would prefer it earlier.

Why not an AM tourney on Sunday. That would hit Aussies in their PM, Mother England in the afternoon, and the Colonies in the morn...

Randall

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 03:16 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
i know rostia always complained about not being able to play either before and wanted them switched round

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 03:48 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
when was this change made? I posted about it 1 hour be4 megan did?

Why not rotate it every month? have the round 2 at sat 1:30 and sun 7:30 and annual sat 7:30 and sunday 1:30

then next month round 2 sat 7:30 and sun 1:30 and the annual sat 1:30 and sunday 7:30

and so forth. this way it inconviences everyone at least 1 per month

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 04:05 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I don't like it from an UK perspective. At least before, someone from he UK could play in both if they really wanted to. Now that option
has probably been taken away.

For the UK, I would prefer the Sunday tourney to start at 1pm PSO time.

Personally, I think they should probably have had 3 or 4 round 2 events on the weekend, with it being tougher to qualify from each.

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 04:06 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Nice idea aha. Something along them lines would be good.

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 06:29 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
8O

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 06:38 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Tourneys starting Sunday evening are going to cause problems for me -- how about 4:00pm Central time, or thereabouts?

max

Old
Mon Jan 13, 2003, 08:31 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
How about 12-15 minute rounds instead of 20 minutes? Then the tourneys don't run as long but they're still less of a crapshoot than the 10 minute round ones.

And, yes I think moving them around from month to month is a good idea also.

Peace, Starrs LSOGC E2C

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 12:38 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
It´s great for me because i am always free from work on Mondays but not on Sundays :lol:

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 01:53 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
I am personally one of the people that welcome this schedule change. Saturday evenings have allways been bad for me, this change now gives me more of an oppurtunity to play both the weekend events instead of just one. I can understand not everyone will be happy with these changes, however a little diversity in our schedule of main events is needed. Thank you PSO :lol:

Late, B~~~

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 08:17 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Personally dont like the change living in UK, would be fairer to alternate times, doubt I will be able to make many of the new time slots

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 05:19 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
i know rostia always complained about not being able to play either before and wanted them switched round
Nah, I used to whine about not being able to play both , but when my wife attacked me with that decomposing haddock I began to realise maybe I was spending a little too much time at PSO.... :lol:

I mean, if you did really well in both games you'd be spending around 40% of your entire waking life .... oh never mind. Can we rotate the times so Europe sometimes might be able to play both ? I'm sure PSO folks are bright enough to read an email and realise the schedule changes from month to month.

Whatever.

cheers

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 08:38 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosita
I mean, if you did really well in both games you'd be spending around 40% of your entire waking life
what you mean 40%i am already spending 98%

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 12:50 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
Any chance of a reply from PSO staff as to the reasoning behind this. I'm sure that those who are a little perplexed by the change would be more welcoming to it if the thought and/or descision making process was explained. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving everyone a fair crack of the whip, but is this a permanent change? will it be a rotating thing? anyone got any wide-awake pills?!

You have to laugh,
The Chuckle

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 07:24 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
Well we announced a change and only a handful of people have objected therefore I assume the majority are in favour of the change.
I was not working for PokerPages when these events were first set up but I think the reason behind having 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday was to give players in Europe and USA 1 chance each to qualify for the final event during a peak time. If players wanted to stay up late or get up in the early hours to play both events that was acceptable but the times of the events were not going to be changed to try and accomodate players wishing to play in both events.

So we have a tournament at 1.30 pm CST on a Saturday to suit European times and one on a Sunday at 7.30 pm to suit US times which gives both sides of the Atlantic a peak time opportunity to qualify for round 3.

Also we did not want the round 2 events and annual members events to clash with the new $400 tournament that we have at peak time US on a Saturday night as I expect this $400 event to become the biggest of the week in the school.

To a lesser extent I didn't want the 10k warm up round 2 events and the annual members events to clash at the same time as many players who qualify for both have complained in the past.

I know the annual members events do clash with the $400 No Limit Holdem at 1pm Saturday and I am looking into how best to resolve this.

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 09:11 AM
(#20)
Deleted user
Kev,

I don't think 7:30 is a peak time for the US. These tourneys aren't 3 hours anymore. Now they're more like 5 hours (or more), which means they don't end until after midnight on Sunday (really Monday morning). And if a member lives on the East Coast, like I do, then it's actually more like 1:30am.

I know that shortening a tournament increases the luck factor, but I think these tourneys would be much more playable if they were shorter and they would still involve a lot of skill. 12 minute rounds, maybe?

Peace, Starrs LSOGC E2C

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com