Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO WINNERS - HELP TINA

Old
PSO WINNERS - HELP TINA - Tue Jan 14, 2003, 01:40 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I want to compile a very comprehensive list of all of our PSO winners that were in Tunica.
So if you could post on this thread your user name and your accomplishments i would be very grateful.

I would like to see the amount of Satellites all the members won.
Super Satellies, Tournaments at The Goldstrike, Tournaments at The Grand and any other venues in Tunica.

Very much appreciated and i am still buzzing about meeting all of you and the great time we all shared together.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart

Tina (Now back in Europe)

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 02:44 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Ok I'll be the 1st to go since the winnings will get much bigger. I cut a deal at the final table of the Sam's Town Omaha Hi tourney which netted me a $520 profit.

Mike

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 03:30 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I played 2 sats and chopped 1 with Cockroach - $275 for each of us. I also played in the $500 Limit HE event and finished 24th and received $1985.

Ricky Hard

P.S. It was great meeting you and Mark also. We need to do this again soon. A year is too long to wait to do it again.

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 03:52 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I, Martan, chopped one $65 sat with Greagar after being severly short stacked, coming back with quad sixes against his Jacks full. After that hand, we chopped.

Martan

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 03:53 PM
(#5)
Sailor Moe
(Sailor Moe)
Since: Jun 2010
Played seven sats....five $50 & two $100. Won one $50 & split the pot in the one $100 sat.

Finished 4th in limit holdem tourney at Sam's Town on 1-10 for $548.

Hope I'm not done yet as will be back for the final week or so. :roll:

Won two hundred plus playing $4-$8 holdem ring games mostly at sam's. 8)

Sailor Moe

p.s. had a great time meeting everyone & looking foward to seeing everyone again soon!

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 04:26 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Won my first sat straight up for $550
lost the next 3, the last two i blame AZhardball for my losses, cause he influenced me to drink a few beers, ok maybe not

oh yeah PSO tourney took 7th

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 05:23 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Played four satellites total on Sunday after the $540 no limit (had lots of time on my hands, hehe): won one, chopped one (right down the middle), went out on the first hand with Ks on one and finished fourth once.

We will not speak of the $540 no limit and limit tourneys (won one hand in each, exit before the break in both, very disappointing). Finished middle of the pack in the first limit tourney at the Grand (should've played the PSO tourney).

Frozen cards all weekend cept in one satellite (the one I chopped), got Ks cracked by a short stack with Ts, took about half my stack, get As next hand. I look at my cards and immediately slide it in, thinking they will think I am steaming. Two callers, triple up... it almost made my misfortunes of the preceding days ok.

It can't be good that I am threatening to jump in my car and drive back for the pot limit tourney tomorrow, can it?

Gojacketz

Old
Tue Jan 14, 2003, 07:41 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I took 10th in the pso tourney and won my first satellite!! I lost 3 more sats later going out in 4th in all 3. Those 3 have bad beat stories on each of them, but hey I went in with the best hand every time so I am quite happy with it.

torax

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 01:44 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
My sat record was 3 for 12 (two back to back). Won the first one outright with a $65 save. Chopped the one with martan and won the headsup (we played it out) and gave a $150 save in the third one.

Finished in rd 4 in both 500 limit and NL tournaments (dissapointing, but I had fun).

Up around 300 for the week in the ring games.

And the biggest accomplishment? Had more fun and met more great people than any other time in my life.

Can't wait for next year!

--Greagar

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 08:32 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
Was in the money in 6 of the 8 Sats I played with 1 win and 5 chops.

The greatest victory I incurred was meeting all the cool and wonderful people from the school.

Hotel room - $35 a night

Food & Booze - Free

Meeting and playing with all of the members from PSO - Priceless

Cant wait till next year.

Bob

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 11:23 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
9 satellites 7 for $65 2 for $120.

Won one with a $150 save for second.
Chopped 3 of the others. Won an $80 last longer bet in one of the satellites. That was more fun than winning the satellite!

Lost both of the $120 satellites.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 02:05 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Hello all,

10 single-table satellites played in total, chopped one as we were almost dead-even when we got to heads up, four times busted out third, and the rest were early exits.

Made my way to the top four tables in the PSO tourney and busted out in the mid to low 30s. Held my own with freddyboy and goblue84 to my right and PokerGoddess across from me. I wasn't in real trouble, though, until NewJane came to the table after the first break.

Entered two $500 tournaments, the limit and no-limit holdem events, with Andrew to my right at the outset both times (ponder the odds of that happening for a moment!). Made it to the end of 3rd level in the limit event, and only the end of the 1st level in the NL event.

The most valuable thing that I learned over the weekend is that I still have much to learn. There were definitely moments and plays that I felt very good about, but my inexperience showed too, which provided me with a much needed 'reality check' when it comes to tournament poker. Still, I enjoyed myself wholeheartedly, and look forward to returning next year.

Wallbanger

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 05:31 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
4 LHE Sats and 2 NLHE Sats

1 win for $550
1 chop for 1st & 2nd for $275
4 no $

$500 LHE, went out about half way. Totally card dead.

Was great fun and a super experience.

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 08:20 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Hi all,

I played 11 single table sats and won 3 and chopped 2.
I played the $540 Limit tourney and finished 50th.
I played the $540 No-Limit Tourney and finished 17th ($2,153).

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 09:04 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh5000
Hi all,

I played 11 single table sats and won 3 and chopped 2.
I played the $540 Limit tourney and finished 50th.
I played the $540 No-Limit Tourney and finished 17th ($2,153).
Awesome job Jerry!

Ricky Hard

Old
Wed Jan 15, 2003, 09:51 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Played 5 single table satellites (1 LHE, 4 NLHE):

4th, 3rd. 3 chops, but unfortunately all were 3-way chops.

Net profit on these $150.

Randy/Randall

PS: Two $100 tourneys that I'd rather not discuss. :wink:

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 12:19 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
hello all,

i played aproximately 13 sats, i won 1 outright and chopped up 4 of them,.
i placed 33rd in the liithold em event with 680+ players, but made no money.
i placed 44th in the no limit tourny with 555 players, and again no money.
two good finishes but just shy of a payday. maks me excited and unhappy at the same time. i had a great time meeting all of you. pso rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 09:56 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
Well, I didn't make the money in any events, but I'm real happy with the experience I gained throughout the event. Here are my results:

PSO Tourney: 26th out of 88
$500 LHE WPO: Lasted 3 hours (not sure of final position)
$100 LHE Tunica Classic: 18th out of 144
$500 NLHE WPO: 77th out of 555

Above all else, I learned a great deal and had a great time. PSO is a real class act. At the NLHE event on Sunday, our table was having a good time making fun of PSO ...that is until gtholdem knocked one of them out. Then, all of a sudden, they were asking about the school. Funny how that works.

I look forward to the next one!

Andrew

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 11:52 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
OK,

Arrived in Tunica feeling completely wated after 20 hour journey. Went to bed and woke up approximately half-an-hour later (01.30 Tunica Time)!!

Katherine fast asleep.

Dressed, went to poker room and played in 3/6 game. Steady play won me about 300 dollars and met two guys "Jasper" and "Dan" who I later introduced to MArk and Tina and are very interested in PSOL.

Next day I entered a $65 dollar satellite and placed first!

Subsequently entered another 5 satellites finishing 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th and 5th.

Played in $540 game with approximately 550 entrants and got busted on the river (no surprise there, then) when all in. JBH 5000, Boggins and WstWst all played fabulously well and my congrats to them.

Movingabout (my pal and partner in crime) also played very soldily and was unlucky to have his table busted when he was really dominating. He might just have suffered the worst bad beat of all when he was all-in against a player who had only 1 out and hit it on the river. If successful in that hand he'd have been positioned v nicely with 9/10k. (Bad luck pal)

Finally, I think both Tony (Movingabout) and I showed a handsome profit playing the video poker machines, where hardly a day passed without both of us winning at least a hundred dollars each (so that was nice...lol).

Had a really good time meeting old online and making new friends.

Here's to next year

ps: Special thanks to all the speakers and guest speakers at the convention. To T J Cloutier who devoted some of his time for a v interesting Q&A session.

Also, my thanks to Barry Tanenbaum for his presentation that was outstanding in so many ways!

Old
Thu Jan 16, 2003, 02:14 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
I played in 9 sats, 7 NLHE, 1 PLHE, 1 Omaha 8

Chopped the Omaha 8 4 ways
3rd in the PLHE
Won 3 NLHE's outright (gave partial saves to the 2nd place finishers each time) and chopped another 3 ways (got my buy in back)

13th in the PSO tournament
50th-52nd (not sure of exact bust, somewhere in that range) out of 555 in the WPO 500 NLHE tournament.

Played one super sat, finished 21st of 114 (did not rebuy though).
Played an Omaha 8 event at the Grand finished about 40th out of 110.
Played a Limit Hold Em event at Samz Town finished about 40th out of 100.

Lost $20 of my own money in the PSO ring game.
Lost $20 of Bruno and Indy Bob's money in the PSO ring game.

Made wise decision and took a piece of jbh5000 and wstwst in the WPO NLHE tourney.

Ended up quite a bit for the trip.

Aaron (hazy)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com