Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

A Sponsorship Points Tourney

Old
A Sponsorship Points Tourney - Wed Oct 16, 2002, 02:31 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Here's an Idea
How about on the Third weekend of every month, have a tourney where the buy-in is 10 sponsorship points, winner takes all if under 50 people enter, 500 points if over 50 people enter the rest going to the runners-up.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2002, 02:53 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Call me an ol' cynic, but...

That would guarantee PSO having to pay out some sponsorship 'money', whereas if many people accumulate 100,200 etc that 'money' might never get paid.

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2002, 03:03 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
lol Rosita

Marketing Marketing Marketing

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2002, 03:26 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
:wink:

However !
I think it's a fine idea, and probably my best (only?) chance of making 500

cheers

Old
Wed Oct 16, 2002, 06:40 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I like the ideal and guess what then we really are playing for something.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:45 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
I agree, I'd like to play that, but I don't think the tool is ready yet, however I imagine a heads up game for sponsorship points is possible now.

CLAY

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 06:23 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
So you should take points that you won by getting the best score over an entire month and then gamble it all on 1 crapshoot? Is that the kind of attitude the school should be encouraging?

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 06:57 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
So you should take points that you won by getting the best score over an entire month and then gamble it all on 1 crapshoot? Is that the kind of attitude the school should be encouraging?
How is taking a portion of your sponsorship points from playing tournaments and using these to enter another tournament any different from playing for real money? After we win a tournament and we decide to play in another tournament we are risking a portion of what we won. And yes this is a gamble just like any tournament is. The same criteria we use when we enter a real money tournament should be used when deciding to enter this proposed tournament. Can I afford the buy-in? Will there be enough dead money in the tournament to make it profitable?, etc.

To look at it another way, just think of the sponsorship points as winning a satellite. Does the school look down on entering satellites in order to win enough money for a buy-in to a bigger tournament? Isn't that how Mark got into the $10,000 buy-in at the World Series?

I like the idea but I agree with Rosita on why it won't happen.

Ricky Hard

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 07:15 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
the reason it wont happens is because i belive it would be classed as gambling and against the law for PSO where it is currently based.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 07:20 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
:lol: :lol: Yep ! :lol: :lol:

If it's the only reasonable way a dolt like me might make the $500 threshold, then that's a jolly fine idea.

But it would be optional :wink: , and it won't happen :

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2002, 01:19 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
good idea, but it will NEVER happen...

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2002, 01:42 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
It would certainly be good practice, but seeming as they are all sponsorship point winners, I can't imagine much dead money in the event.

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2002, 02:34 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
I can't imagine much dead money in the event.
The reason folks (correctly IMO) are so sure that this won't happen is that most of the "money" represented in the points already is dead money and if somebody were to win it in larger chunks than it presently resides it would get live and bust PSO!

Old
Sat Oct 19, 2002, 03:04 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
A mere drop, in the ocean that is, the Big One 2 payout

CLAY

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com