Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

AZHardball makes the $

Old
AZHardball makes the $ - Fri Jan 17, 2003, 04:30 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
AZhardball (Jeff) made the money today in the $500 buy in Omaha/08 Tournament at the WPO!!
Not sure exactly what place..but somewhere in the 20s...
He also had a nice win in the $30/60 HE ring game at the Horseshoe...rumor has it!!

WTG Jeff !!!

8O
'Goddess

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 05:40 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
Way to go Jeff!

For those who have not met AZ in person, he is one of the funnest, nicest people there is (for that matter, so are most of the PSO'ers I met).

Hazy

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 05:52 AM
(#3)
Deleted user
Jeff finished 26th in the 500 buy in Omaha Hi-Lo!

He played well throughout considering he hardly had any chips during the whole event. At the dinner break there were 28 players left (27 got paid) and our hero, left with 7 chips, was worried he would bubble out of the tournament. (Some poor unfortunate soul returned from the dinner break to discover that he had been raced out of the tournament when they raced off the black chips.) Shortly thereafter Hardball raised all in UTG + 1 with KK96 double suited....it was folded around to the BB who called the small raise. Things were looking great when the BB rolled over JJ22.......until one of his 4 outs hit the river...sending Jeff to the rail.

COCKTAILS!!!!!!!!

Thanks Hardball it was a blast hanging out with you! See you in AZ soon!

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 08:22 AM
(#4)
Deleted user
I'll echo hazy.....Jeff is a great, great guy. Congrats Jeff on the great tourney!!!!

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 10:24 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
You guys must not have slept with him in Tunica like I did. Wait...that didn't come out right.

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 10:29 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
This must mean the LAPC is in your future.

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 12:00 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
You were right AZ, you suck Damn I wish I was there to see it. I can only imagine the trouble you and Chip will get into now that you both moneyed!

oil doe

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 02:23 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
I didnt' know you could race out of a tourney!! In fact, I asked that specific question at Sams Town. Maybe the WPO does it differently..but it would seem only the fair thing to leave the poor soul ONE chip of what ever denomination they are coloring up to. Sheesh.

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 05:34 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Congrats AZ!

Ricky Hard

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 07:46 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Nice job AZ!!!!! I knew you could do it! Great meeting you!!

torax

Old
Fri Jan 17, 2003, 08:37 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
I think we found our bubble boy - found this on RGP:

My second WPO is going well, being that Im 22 years old means Ill
likely enjoy many more. However, something came up yesterday in the
Omaha Hi/Lo event that boggles my mind. I manage to outlast most of
the field, getting all in two dozen times or so, including only having
one chip with 70 players to go and never amassing more than fifteen at
any point after that to making it to the final 28 players and the
dinner break. I have four hundred dollar chips and am "on the bubble"
to make the money. Returning from the break, they race off the $100
chips and I am raced out of the tournament, failing to receive a chip
and a chance to continue to battle was the worst beat i have ever
suffered in my poker career, and personally feel it was unjust. I
thought they fixed this type of situation years ago, last year my dad
was down to one chip in this WPO event at the final table with eight
players left, he had half of the big blind for that hand, and yet
managed to finish second in the tournament. So I never gave up and
continued to battle for many hours short stacked, and felt this 'race
off' way of getting eliminated just left a real sour taste in my
mouth. Why have they not changed this rule? Bo

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2003, 01:28 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
JEFF: Congrats on a super tourney!! I hope to run into you again in March when I come to Phoenix. More on that later!

Old
Sat Jan 18, 2003, 05:39 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Thanks all for the kind words.... absolutely one of the funnest times I've had. Even though it was a cheap way to make the money(other guy raced off) I sure needed to get a little sniff of money. I am already ready for the next convention so be sure to bring your drinkin shoes again.... JJ take care pal yes it was a blast partying with ya'll. Thanks for the wake-up call Ricky. Platinum Plus is for sure a go next time.... Hazy ... great to meet ya buddy.... super fun. I didn't want to leave.

AZ

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com