Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

More amazed everyday here!

Old
More amazed everyday here! - Thu Oct 17, 2002, 03:20 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
OK...I read most everything in the forum, and I get more amazed over the UNMITIGATED GALL that people show here, everyday. No ONE....and I repeat NO ONE...not even Mark, who never has, by the way, has ANY RIGHT TO QUESTION WHY SOMEONE HAS DECIDED TO SPEND THEIR MONEY TO PLAY HERE !!! Furthermore, you're being a pretentious ASS, when you tell someone that they wasted, or could better spend their money.
STOP IT, STOP IT, STOP IT !!
Do you actually have the nerve to tell people how to manage their free time or their money in other aspects of their life, or does the annonimity and/or being a poker player somehow bestow this right upon you?
People do things for different reasons....they don't owe you an explanation, they don't have to justify to you, unless you're paying their bills. It doesn't even matter why someone joined PSO...just as it doesn't matter why someone decides to show up at the local cardroom to play. Let me ask you this, when a player does something you don't like in live play...do you question WHY they play, or TELL them how to better spend their money, or DEMAND that they justify their behavior? Guess what? Some real live human beings show up in your local cardroom to LEARN TO PLAY or IMPROVE their play. Do you think you have the right to treat them and speak to them the same way?
Just because this forum gives you an outlet to vent your frustration, that doesn't mean it puts you in charge of directing peoples lives. Of all the NERVE !
I rarely get upset enough to go to this extreme, but frankly, I'm just sick of people here thinking that the world owes them an explanation! There are some very valuable posts here, wtih a lot of good input, about poker. This crap, and yes it's crap, about constantly questioning WHY someone plays here, and HOW they should be here to LEARN...is getting very, very, very tiresome. Accept the fact that people will always do what they want. Hell, for all you know, they may be in the middle of having sex during the great hand you have and they beat you....you want to know the detals of that too? Yeah, that's a ridiculous assertion, but for kripes sake, get a grip...not everyone is so caught up in every inth degree of analysis that they want to weigh every single thing they do here, in case they be challenged to justify every move to you.

IF THE SHOE FITS .....WEAR IT !!! :evil:

'Goddess

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 03:35 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
pokergoddess i will call a spade a spade

if i think a person is wasting money i will tell them either here, or anywhere else.

if a players only movitavtion in the school is to play as much poker as they can they could save 150$ a month (send it to a childrens charity if your that rich) by playing all the free games they want on the net and at pokerpages.

i see 2 MAIN reasons to join the school
1 to learn to play better poker
2 to try and win sponsorship

if you want to join a community of poker players then i do honestly think that it can be done cheaper than 150$ and the money would be better off in your pocket or in a the hands of a "NEEDY" cause.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 03:53 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Ironsides,
But...It's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS !!! 8O

'Goddess

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:14 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
when a person PUBLICLY makes a statement it because everyones business

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:24 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Ironsides.
Totally different subject. No one said anything about someone making a public statement. I was speaking of people here who seem to think they have the responsibility and or right to tell people what they should be doing, even when NO ONE asked for their advice. This is not from them making public comments. It's from people DEMANDING some kind of justification or explanation. You, yourself said "...if I see people wasting money, I will tell them here or anywhere else"...Did they ask you? What gives you the right to determine if their spending habits are a waste? Some folks here, and I guess from your post you're one of them, think that because they are involved, they can judge. I'm sorry, but it's wrong !

'Goddess

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:30 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
they may be in the middle of having sex during the great hand you have and they beat you....you want to know the detals of that too?
You know, I think I would

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:36 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I don't think anyone had any right to say anything, but we ALL do. At the table it's because of immediate anger, i and i know many have made comments after a bad play (which EVERONE does at time, including the best of us).

But to continue on at the next table (or game), next day, month, in the forum is unacceptable.

Thank you Pokergoddess for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:41 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Quote:
Quote:
they may be in the middle of having sex during the great hand you have and they beat you....you want to know the detals of that too?
Noodles wrote:
Quote:
You know, I think I would
Well if you promise not to tell anyone else....... :lol: :lol:

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:42 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
pokergoddess lets not mess about here

your post was as a result of my post in another thread saying that babe60 motives for joining the school were wrong. due to the nature of her claiming she plays different here in school from real life because its not real money.
i stated that she had wrong motive to be in school and if she just wanted to play there are cheaper places to do it in fact free places to do it.

and the money she spent on LEARNING TO PLAY BETTER POKER which is why a pokerSCHOOL exists would be better off elsewhere.

if i wanted to learn to speak russian i would goto SCHOOL and PAY to LEARN i would not got the russian class just to pass the time off day with friends putting them off there learning and proberly helping them FAIL.

Now i have paid to join the school to learn and if i see for what ever reason anyone fooling around and pulling the rest of the CLASS down i will point it out as is my right in any LEARNING enviorment.

ps
since babe60 and I made our posts we have talked it over and she has stated that she is in school to learn and she will no longer try to dump chips at a table. i am sorry to HER for any offence she took over my posts.

pps pokergoddess i feel you have a problem with me and have felt this for a number of months if you have a problem dont be shy tell me what it is and we can sort it out because i personly dont have a problem with anyone at the school UNTILL NOW.

Old
Re: More amazed everyday here! - Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:47 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokergoddess
@#%%, for all you know, they may be in the middle of having sex during the great hand you have and they beat you....
Isn't that a bit too much sex for one hand? 8O

Seriously tho.. most seriously.. you're right.

Old
I Agree, pg . . . - Thu Oct 17, 2002, 04:47 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
I totally agree, pg . . .

that it "ain't nobody's business but my own..."
- why I play the way I do;
- or how I play any specific hand;
- or even my motivation for being in Poker School.

If someone's play really bothers you & ruins the PSO experience - get control, get a life or get out!

Frankly, those who b*tch the most about how someone plays a hand poorly and "beats" them, never seem to say a word when the same person plays another hand equally terribly and hands them $5,000.

In other words, it seems most often that one reads in chat "how stupid you are to play that way and beat me" and never "how stupid you play to let me win. Don't do that again."

OTOH - if we did get chat details of a simultaneous sexual encounter I can guarantee several people would chime in with:
- "don't you know that the way you do it is very poor?";
- "why do you even bother?"
- "it that the best you can do?"
- "if you did it my way, you'd be happier!"
- "I'd never try that!"

Some, of course, would want statistics to better analyze the results.

And, finally, at least 3 people would post forum messages complaining!

just my $.02.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:04 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
EXACTLY :!: :!: :!: :!: Blind Bat 07, Thanks for saying soooooooooooo much in such a short posting . and to thiink maybe thats why someone so up set because maybe it was the sex he did'nt enjoy and then to top it off HE LOST BECAUSE I RAISED HIM OUT . I totally agree leave and don't let the door hit ya in the ass, but don't blame it on anyone else.
babe60

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:10 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Quote:
she has stated that she is in school to learn and she will no longer try to dump chips at a table
You mean she actually admitted she does this?

Too bad it is only privately and not publically.

Amazing that I'm the one catching flak in this discussion. I never do anything but play my best and learn as much as I can. Sorry, but I have no qualms about bringing something like this to light. "no longer dump chips". Now I'm ROFLMFAO.

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:12 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
I have to say this:

In this school, the standard of play is far superior than anywhere else on the net for play money.

In this school we have a community that you cannot find anywhere else on the net.

In this school we have people that care about winning and we have people that just enjoy the community.

The school is here to teach people how to play better poker. If everyone plays absolutely correct at all times we are not simulating the real world at all. In the real world we have to deal with all levels of play at all times. I personally think that those that can handle the "bad" play of others will be better poker players. Those that insist on perfect play all the time in my opinion may not actually learn as much as they might if they learn to deal with all situations at a poker table.

My advice to everyone here is to take advantage of bad play by taking the chips from those making the bad plays.

In the real world we never tell a player how bad they played their hand when they suck out on us. We simply say "nice hand"

You will always find "teachers" at a poker table. They are not always the winners. The player that wins consistently and others enjoy playing with them are the real winners in poker.

Mark

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:14 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
well said

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:23 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
Ironsides,
I HAVE no personal like or dislike for you, and I don't really know why you think so, other than I at times question your posting your personal point of view as "the law".
I was not in any way trying to disquise the facts of where my thread originated, I just believed that it would get more attention about what I was trying to say, if not lost in your original thread.
Your example of a school is somewhat interesting. Were all the people you went to school with great achievers? No "class clowns"? No "I'm only here cause ______ makes me"? I don't know about you, but somehow, I managed to survive and graduate with honors in spite of those peoples antics. I felt no need to chastise them and explain the merits of the educational system to them. Why? NONE OF MY BUSINESS !!
You still insist on saying "...the money she spent could be better used elsewhere" You just don't get it, do you? IT'S HER MONEY, IT'S MY MONEY, IT'S NOT YOUR MONEY. I can stand in the street and set it on fire, shouldn't bother you a bit. Unless someone asks for your personal financial guideness, you should leave it out....period!
I got a news flash for ya. I DIDN'T join PSO to "learn" to be a better player. I learn to be a better player by educating myself with books and playing for real money in real life, where the education pays off. I joined PSO to get a chance to play a lot of games with a lot of different people, and see a wide exposure of every possible scenerio. When I joined PSO, there was only one sponsorship and that was the BIG ONE...and winning that was a dream, not a reason for joining. So...again...you're insisting that everyone should be here to either 1)learn or 2) get sponsorship pts., is simply your take on the matter, and not even close to what may be the truth.
I still say, and will always say.....WHY SOMEONE IS HERE, HOW THEY PLAY, WHEN AND WHAT THEY PLAY AND HOW THEY SPEND THEIR MONEY IS SIMPLY.....NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, and has no business in a disscussion of poker strategy. If you want to discuss the playing of hands or strategy, that's great. But it seems to me, your arguement ususally hinges on WHY someone should be here and your insistence that they play "correctly".
I'm sorry that babe60 now feels intimitdated enough by your scolding to think she has to conform to your standards....that's a shame.

'Goddess

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:27 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
this post was on THE RIGHT i as a paying PUPIL have to question the MOTIVES for joining the school.

i will not (anymore) gripe about anyone playing any hand that they want to.

if minpin ( use minpin for the reason he is very unlikey too) wants to go all in first hand of a tourny with 2/3o again my AA only to river straight then i will take it

but what i should not have to accept is that players are in the school for no appartent reason. just as i would not accept a person in any CLASS i was in any colledge or UNI i was PAYING to be in that was there ruining the learning for ME. (yes i am selfish)

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:28 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
The original point I was trying to make at the table last night, and the one I continued trying to make on the forum has still been completely lost.

Early in the school I had a few great mentors... rggator, stkjk, wildbill, geezer, and probably a few others. I learned quickly some of those basic lessons like trying to control emotions - and actually enjoying bad play by others at the table.

I've long overcome that "problem" and have learned to accept the bad play for what it is - a gift to decent players.

This was not about getting angry over bad play. Or getting angry because I folded a winner. Sheesh, if I got angry every time I folded a winner I'd have thrown my monitor out the window long ago.

This was simply about someone at the table lying about their intentions, altering the play of the hands, significantly altering the outcome of the event.

Mark - give me an honest answer to this question: how do you feel about having students who've played hundreds going on thousands of events at PSO who don't yet have a basic grasp of a decent starting hand? It doesn't seem too much in line with the vision and the type of players you hoped to produce at PSO.

The interesting question for me is always "why". Who and what are never as important... but our motivations and reasons are always fascinating. We are rarely honest, even to ourselves. After posting so many of my "honest" feelings on matters I'm starting to understand why others won't...

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:37 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
this post was on THE RIGHT i as a paying PUPIL have to question the MOTIVES for joining the school.
You do not have this right. There are no rights here...we have privileges as paying customers. Whether someone joined for fun, sense of community, education or profit should make no difference to you or anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
but what i should not have to accept is that players are in the school for no appartent reason. just as i would not accept a person in any CLASS i was in any colledge or UNI i was PAYING to be in that was there ruining the learning for ME. (yes i am selfish)
How are these people ruining the experience for you? You're getting a chance to play against all types of players here. I would think any level-headed player would relish this opportunity.

Chris

Old
Thu Oct 17, 2002, 05:42 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
minpin

sorry my mistake the exact thing that i cleared up with BABE60 was that she will not say "i have to go"

i have no problems with babe60 or anyone else raising with anything or playing any cards any way they want.
i didn object to her saying i have to go as an excuse for getting lucky then staying on and playing
she has said she wont say this again.

pokergoddess i dont know where you went to school but where i did it was with kids and free.
when i was in the army anyone meesing about in anything got a good kicking from those of us wanting to learn.

when i left the army when i PAID MONEY out of my own pocket to learn when an IDIOT started messing about in class they got a lecture from me and a few other students and they withdrew from the course. thats life when adults put money into learning they want to learn anyone not wishing to conform to the "norm" can waste otehr peoples time and money.

Quote:
I joined PSO to get a chance to play a lot of games with a lot of different people, and see a wide exposure of every possible scenerio
that sound like learning from experinace to me

people have many reason to join a school but most boil down to the 2 reasons learning and sponsorship.

the community is an added bonus.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com