Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Tournament Schedule for Review

Old
Tournament Schedule for Review - Mon Oct 21, 2002, 03:06 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Please find at the link, our new proposed schedule for PSO Tournaments.
Please give me your feed back on whether you like it or not.

I have included the Stud events, some Pot Limit Omaha for the USA players, and some $400 buy in events at the weekends.
So you can build up your bankroll all week to play in the big event.
At this time the Stud events will not count in the leagues, as we set up the sponsorship points without the Stud events and i would mean considerable changes to the database scripts to implement them now.
We are intending to include them in the New Year when we review the new Sponsorship points program

Regards
Tina

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pok...dule-oct21.htm

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 03:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Thanks.

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 03:42 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Better than I could have imagined. This addresses pretty much every complaint I've ever had about the schedule.

Chris

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 04:44 PM
(#4)
Could you post starting chips and blind structure reference?

Old
Thoughts - Mon Oct 21, 2002, 04:58 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Happy to see the higher buy-in tourneys! Concerned that the 200/5k added on Friday evening is not in the new schedule. That'll pretty much kill any Friday evening broadcast by Freddie.

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 05:13 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
my suggestions/comments:

1. Here's a suggestion I made a little while back:
Quote:
one quick way of making room for other tournaments is to get rid of the multi-table freeroll tourneys. with daily refills available and tourneys w/buy-ins as low as $20 and freeroll satellites, the mult-table freerolls are unnecessary and unrealistic (10K starting stack????). take a poll on that and the majority of the students could care less if they existed or not.
and here's Mark's response:
Quote:
Jcastle, I like the idea of replacing the freerolls. Your argument is logical. I will look to replacing the freerolls as soon as possible with other games.
So, what happened with that suggestion?

2. I've never liked the proximity of the $100 (8pm) and $200 (9pm) buy-in NLHE tourneys on Thursday as I think they prevent the maximum amount of people from joining these events.

3. Will bankrolls be reset in the new year? If so, add-ons should be removed from these tourneys to create a more realistic "bankroll".

4. In a post titled, "Mark! i'm disappointed" (other posts, too), Shadrak, Trumpinjoe and many others have discussed the fact that the higher buy-in tourneys are geared towards holdem events and not the omaha events. This results in bankrolls being higher for holdem players. With that and item 2 in mind, how about the following for Thursday?
1500 - 0000000000000000000
1600 - Limit Omaha Hi $40
1700 - Limit Holdem $20
1800 - Limit 7 Card Stud $50 $1000 Added
1900 - Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo $30
2000 - No Limit Holdem $100 $2500 Added
2100 - Pot Limit 7 Card Stud $30
2200 - Limit Omaha Hi/Lo $200 $5000 Added
2300 - 00000000000000000000
0000 - Limit Holdem $100 $2500 Added

I think that's it for now, but I'm sure I'll have more suggestions as I take a closer look at the schedule.

JCastle

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 05:27 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
i like the idea of the 400 buy in tournies, but i would love to see one on friday night, as these seem to be the biggest turnouots of the week, and because of the broadcasts that go on. friday just seems better than saturday, so maybe do one each day rather than two on saturday...... or just add one for friday night. the rest of the schedule looks fine to me. thanks,

jmuzzey

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 05:46 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
only had time to look at monday so far

but
school time
19:00 NLHE
20:00 PLO
21:00 NLHE
22:00 NLHE
23:00 NLHE

seems to be a wrong balance here

glad to see the gap between 3-6 pm cst has been filled

as bruno said the the friday 7pm cst was the unoffical game of week and if it was removed it would be disappoining it should reamin as the highest buyin level.

monday 8 without added money 9 with

if bankroll is to mean anything added money events need to be removed and a cost to join a tourny added

more to follow

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 05:57 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
At the top of this table...it say " to add to the existing schedule"..so are these "added" events? Or is this a totally new schedule ? I'm not sure

'Goddess

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 06:24 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
could we have some pot limit omaha8 in the evenings for american players?

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 07:14 PM
(#11)
Summary of Proposed Schedule

The link above opens a table showing the distribution of events by game and buy-in.

I had hoped that some of the freerolls would be in games other than NLHE. The addition of 7-Stud to the freeroll mix is nice, but how about Omaha games and the other HoldEm games. Also, I strongluy suggest that the #23 structure ($1000 starting chips) be used for ALL of the NLHE freerolls.

Do we need $20, $30, $40, & $50 buy-ins? Why not just have $20, $50, $100, $200, $500 as the buy-in levels with 60% of the games at $50 or less.

The added money needs to be redistributed. What is its purpose now? Orginally, it was added to the low turn-out games to increase participation. Broadening of it was well received initially, but some are against it now. I personally like the idea, but it needs to but utilized with a definite purpose in mind.

Old
The customer is always right.. - Mon Oct 21, 2002, 08:28 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
The only comment I can make is that Mark and Tina are giving their customers exactly what they want. It is obvious that what they want is NLHE so that everyone can "pretend" they are playing "Big Bet" poker rather than the grinding reality of Limit which is what most people play in real life.

The fact that there are 53 NLHE tournaments vs. 19 limit tournaments is a very understandable matter...understandable, but unfortunate.

The fact that there are a total of SIX Limit tournaments during what I consider prime time, 6pm to 11pm CST, for the month is also very understandable and again, unfortunate.

In fact, in a way, this is one of the more "school like" facets of PSO, in that almost everyone wants to take the "fun" classes while few are interested in the basics. Sort of reminds me of my son's Pee Wee football league where everyone one wanted to run with the ball and score touchdowns but no one wanted to play defense or run laps. :lol:

The unbalanced focus on NLHE tournaments, the limited number of Limit tournaments and the absence of ring games are the primary reasons that I will most likely not be renewing my membership and have in fact, essentially stopped participating.

I have truly enjoyed PSO, especially some of the friendships that I have made in the 10 months I have been a member. I have tried to justify the time I spend here on that basis alone. But, the fact is that I believe playing hour after hour of NLHE tournaments is, as Geezer once put it, "hazardous to your Limit poker game". I agree and since Limit is the game I play, and intend to play, that is a hazard I personally cannot afford.

Good luck to all.

Later...

Steve

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 10:26 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Not to concerned with the schedule as a whole, but i see a problem area, I think if u research u will see that the 7pm cst $200 $5000 game on friday nite or what i like to refer to as the friday nite special IS AND HAS BEEN THE MOST ATTENDED GAME. Now i'll be honest i like to broadcast here and there but it's not gonna break my heart and life will go on if u take that event. I just kinda see that as counterproductive, Kinda like taking my best scorer outa the game. I'm speaking of the most attended event not of me. Hell i very seldom score. lol The other area is the $400 events GREAT I WISH THEY WERE 500 BUT the fact of the matter is the time for them is kinda really screwed up (imo) (not that that matters) But if u think about it on the first and second saturday of every month what happens at 8pm cst here at pso. HMMMMMMMMMM well i dont know the gameplan so i could be stepping outa bounds here, but if u have anything like the warm ups or the monthly or the annuals u gonna change all those, why fix something thats not broken, I would love for one of those high dollar one be put up friday nite at 7pm. you ask what we think of them, honestly i will adapbt to what ever u throw at us.

I think everyone that plays here should respond even if it is i like it or i hate it. The community has been asked it opionion so give it and dont complain in the future

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 10:33 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
I'm with Freddie on the big Friday night NLHE tourney.

How about make the Friday night tourney $300 (you have to do more than refill to play in it), and keep it at 8pm.

It is my favorite tournament at PSO.

Randy

Old
Mon Oct 21, 2002, 11:19 PM
(#15)
Are any changes planned for satellite play? I would like to offer for consideration a reduction in multi-table events (by 1/4 to 1/3) and increased availability of single table events. This should result in larger mult-table events.

To promote satellite play, increase the availble games to 3/day or develop a method to rotate among a set of games.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2002, 05:02 AM
(#16)
Deleted user
Freddys comments about the friday night game are spot on. As you can see from the schedule the event is in black typing which should mean there was no change. I think that there is a typing error here and I will let Tina know to put back the $200 event at 7pm.

Ironsides comment about monday no limit holdem is also valid.
I think that this can be resolved by changing one of these for a pot limit omaha 8 which should please dreams. Wow 2 birds with one stone!!

There were suggestions that we should move one of the $400 events to a friday so that we have one friday and one saturday. This suggestion is biased to the US players and we will not be doing this. Both US and European players have the option to play in a $400 event at a reasonable time. The $400 events are an experiment and we will review their impact early in the new year.

We have only tinkered with the schedule rather than make dramatic changes as I in particular would like to give a lot more thought to it.

pokerpagekev
kevin@pokerpages.com

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2002, 05:20 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
what about that 200 event that freddie is talking about be higher like 500.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2002, 11:54 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
I like the higher buy in tournaments, as this will prevent the "crazies", who do nothing but refill everyday, from entering. I also have some concern, though, about the "big" tournaments being scheduled at the same time as the Rd. 2 Big One Tournaments, the Annual Member's Events, and the WPO Warmups. I have never been a fan of people playing 2 games at the same time, (IMO it slows play, having to wait on people to switch back and forth,,,too many "time outs") and personally it confuses me too much, so I don't like to do it. Overall, Tina,,,good job! As I know, you cannot please everybody, and I will accept, and be happy with any final decisions made!

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2002, 04:20 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
looking further into the schedule i see a lot more money added events than straight forward buy ins

why have buys in at all as the school bankroll means nothing at the moment and will mean evenless if this is carried forward

just adding new events to the old schedule is wasting an opotunity to give the whole school schedule an over haul yes more players wants to play big bet poker than limit poker but there need to be a better choice of games for people that want to LEARN poker not just NLHE.

so far this school has lots of lessons on limit holdem both tourny and ring play but little practical and lots of NLHE practical but very few lessons
bringing in rolf was a move in right direction for big bet poker lessons and this COULD have been a great chance to improve the practical side for games other than NLHE.

53 NLHE games a week(quoting from another post correct him if he is wrong) and only 3 or 4 of each type of the stud games just doesnt seem a far distribution of all the games to me.

no 200$ buy ins for omaha games but even bigger buy ins for NLHE games are really going to annoy the members that were asking for equality 2 months ago.

it really doesnt bother me i will play NLHE till its coming out my ears and i have just signed up for another year but really think the school need to THINK about its goals and if it wants to become a school for teaching poker or a school for teaching NLHE.

Old
Tue Oct 22, 2002, 04:49 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
i agree with iron, there should be more than 1 $100 omaha, and the $400 event, why r they both on saturday. I stated earlier as did others, the $200 5K event on friday night (7pm) that freddie broadcasted isn't there, i think that should also be the biggest game of the week. Like $500 event.

also, 1 of the $400 event conflicts with annual members, round 2, and round 2 of wpo. which makes it hard for many members to play 2 at a time.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com