Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Another Plea Poll

Old
Another Plea Poll - Thu Apr 25, 2002, 02:33 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
This is a poll in response to Minpin's request to change the percentage on the member's page, and profiles to use the cumulative ranking.
Please read this top in the forum, if you do not know what this is referring too:
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/pok...opic.php?t=201

Old
Thu Apr 25, 2002, 02:37 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
For those who didn't follow this thread, the poll is basically asking this:

On your personal page and in your profile, would you like to see your overall ranking changed so that it does NOT include those who haven't reached the minimum number of tournaments?

In other words, you might be ranked 100th in the school, but when you log in your personal page says you are ranked 160th because it is counting people with less than the required cumulative amount.

Your profile would also have 160th.

Answering "Yes" to this poll indicates you'd like your profile to say "100" and your personal page to say "100". Those who haven't met the minimum (currently 25) would just have a "n/a" or something similar until they hit the required amount.

Further, the thread discussed raising the current minimum of 25 to some other number - I propose 100... but that issue is not addressed in this pole.

Old
Thu Apr 25, 2002, 06:37 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
/ \
|
|

BUMP to top.

Old
Thu Apr 25, 2002, 08:59 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
okey dokey sounds good to me :lol: :wink:
:lol:

Old
Fri Apr 26, 2002, 05:07 AM
(#5)
Deleted user
Agreed. And I wonder how many 'dormant' accounts there are in the listings, whose % will just stay up there until..... ?

cheers

Glenn

Old
Fri Apr 26, 2002, 07:21 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Could we also make the % on our home page a link to the corresponding results detail page?

Old
Sat Apr 27, 2002, 02:15 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
I agree about uping the minimum number of games. 100 is good. I'd settle for 50.

Old
agree - Mon Apr 29, 2002, 10:35 AM
(#8)
Deleted user
without trying to sound like too much of a "suckup", most things Minpin writes about are pretty well thought out. I enjoy having someone with his intrests providing suggestions and input...I vote yes

Old
Fri May 03, 2002, 12:57 PM
(#9)
Deleted user

Deleted

Old
Tue May 07, 2002, 02:04 AM
(#10)
Deleted user
very poor turnout 80 out of 1000 where is everone? :?: :?:

Old
Tue May 07, 2002, 11:10 AM
(#11)
Deleted user
I think it's a very small percent of the population who actually reads the forum on a regular basis. I'd venture to guess that about the same % looks at the lessons and reads all of the information PSO has to offer.

I think a good majority of the people here are in it for the free tourneys and not much else.

Old
Sun May 12, 2002, 03:46 AM
(#12)
Deleted user
ouch.

I think you're probably right, minpin, but that isn't necessarily such a negative. I would read every article and attend every class if I had the time, but I don't. I believe that the best use of my time at the school is playing tourneys. And if you look at my stats, you'll see that I play far fewer than many others here. I read the articles and the forums when I have a chance, which is usually while I'm at work - like right now. But the best teacher, imho, is the table - not the class room.

Old
Mon May 13, 2002, 12:21 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
why not have both rankings displayed?

Old
Mon May 13, 2002, 06:45 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
since this vote seems clearly lopsided, i was wondering when the change was going to be made? it would be helpful for the team captains in the upcoming draft to be able to click on somebody's profile and get their actual ranking, i think each person is about 100 lower than there are in the cumalative rankings page.

d

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 12:08 AM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
I think this is a brilliant Idea. Can't wait for it to be implemented, thank you for opening the polls on this for a short while!!!

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 12:10 AM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
its 9 years old doofus lol

Old
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
its 9 years old doofus lol
A guy with a spongebob avatar has little room to call ANYONE a "doofus"!

I'm just sayin'!

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 06:06 AM
(#18)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Well, thanks Roomik, that was going to be fun watching at least a few people start to comment on this. Obviously I wasn't up early enough in the morning to catch you out!

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:35 AM
(#19)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
lol i was just reading this and thinking what the eff are they talking about

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#20)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
A guy with a spongebob avatar has little room to call ANYONE a "doofus"!

I'm just sayin'!

Little known fact: The appellation, 'doofus,' is considered a term of endearment among many aviation-based societies--

I'm just sayin

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com