Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO Convention Update

Old
PSO Convention Update - Fri Sep 27, 2002, 05:45 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
I have been receiving many emails from members asking me about the PSO Convention and the dates.

So i thought that i would bring you all up to date with where we are:-

I have been disscussing the proposed dates with Bill Hicks from The Goldstrike, and have proposed to him that we hold the convention on Friday 10th January and Saturday 11th January. The seminars, luncheon etc on the Friday and a tournament on the Saturday.
Mark has also discussed the structure of the event, and is now awaiting approval too.

Bill has promised me a block of rooms at a reduced rate, but this will purely be on a first come first serve basis and not available to be booked until i hear back from him.

I know that when i posted the poll i said a Thursday and Friday, but this was because i was told no weekends, but now that decision has changed and i felt that the Friday and Saturday were a much better option.

I AM STILL WAITING CONFIRMATION OF DATES - DON'T BOOK ANYTHING YET. Bill has promised to come back to me the week begining 30th September.

However it would be very helpful to me if we could start a thread on this forum for Members to confirm if they are going to be attending the Convention, so i can work out the numbers. We will be delighted to meet all of you and if you are bringing your partners too that will be wonderful, but i really need to have a solid count of the members who will be attending the seminars, luncheon etc

Thank you

Tina

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2002, 09:26 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
A "WPO PSO Convention Confirm" thread has been started, but I would like to post here, also,,,that I WILL be there! Am looking VERY forward to it!

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2002, 06:23 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
GRACELAND HERE I COME !!!...... AGAIN..LOL

THE KING IS ALIVE..

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2002, 07:26 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
I shall be there by myself, and would love to see graceland

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2002, 07:33 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I am 95% sure I can make it.

Randy Glover, rggator

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2002, 07:58 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
You may not be as pleased with Graceland as you imagine...it's a big house that has all the 1970s decor (shag carpet) and all. Not saying you don't want to see it...just don't expect too much. 8O

'Goddess

Old
Fri Sep 27, 2002, 08:18 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Wanna pay $20 to see Elvis' underwear? Graceland is your place!

LOL

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2002, 03:33 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
Keeping my fingers crossed on those dates since I already booked a flight. Yes, Ignoring Tina's advice about not booking yet. But hte flights were cheap.

But hey, you gotta gamble it up sometimes.

Randy/Randall (the name Serpico gave me)

Old
Tue Oct 01, 2002, 03:37 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
i think your more a randolf than a randall

Old
Convention Attendance - Tue Oct 01, 2002, 05:10 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Count me in, looking forward to meeting everyone.

Big Bo

Old
PSO Convention - Wed Oct 02, 2002, 12:50 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
Penguin8 and his wife will be attending. I can't wait to meet everyone!! See ya' in January!!

Mark V. (Penguin8)

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2002, 02:54 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Sounds great Please book a room for my wife and I . Let me know the rate and I will get payment off to you ASAP :lol: .This will be a great time to meet with all mt PSO freinds
Old Hatter

Old
Fri Oct 04, 2002, 03:44 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
George,
No one at PSO is booking rooms..yet. Tina is talking to the Gold Strike about a special rate, but the rate the Horseshoe/GS had already put forward is for $35 a night for WPO guests. If you're planning on coming regardless of the PSO convention, then you might want to call Teresa Sommerfield at the Horseshoe and go ahead and book your room ( I think if there's any additional discount for PSO they would honor that, but I'm not sure they will even have an additional discount) Just wanted to make sure you know that your post is not going to get you a room reservation.
I'd still like to see a FIRM commitment from Tina or someone at PSO as to the dates, and the tentative schedule of events.

'Goddess

Old
PSO Convention - Fri Oct 04, 2002, 07:51 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
I will be there also....You all better bring Money.... :lol:

Vega$

(Rob)

Old
Las Vegas Meets Elvis! - Fri Oct 04, 2002, 11:56 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
Just confirm the dates and I'll be there!

YMINNV

Old
Tunica Link - Sun Oct 06, 2002, 04:54 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
I know its been posted before but have been trying to find for 2 days and I give up.

Could someone let me have link to the Tunica tourneys in January.

thanks

Harry

Old
Found - Sun Oct 06, 2002, 06:13 PM
(#17)
Deleted user
In typical fashion as soon as i posted i have found

Old
Tue Oct 08, 2002, 07:52 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
any word on this yet? i'm still waiting to make reservations

maxxel

Old
Wed Oct 09, 2002, 01:32 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
I am coming for possibly fri,sat,and sun. I will be bringing a non member but whatever. Freddie can u send me the hotel info to get a room please.

Abskalut

Old
Fri Oct 11, 2002, 11:17 AM
(#20)
Deleted user
I will be there however please get the date settled as I do not want to get stuck without a room.
Old Hatter

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com