Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Help teach me dealmaking

Old
Help teach me dealmaking - Mon Oct 28, 2002, 07:12 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I think one area where PSO is failing to properly educate their students is in the area of deal making. Let's net it out. I am getting to be a pretty good tournament poker player, and am making final tables and getting into the money. I believe that's the real goal of the school, yet they are leaving me hanging when it comes to the ultimate end game.

When we get down to a few players, the talk turns to making a deal. Various numbers are thrown out, you get this we get this we play for this, etc, and my uneducated brain is way out of its comfort zone. I simply don't have the experience or knowledge to quickly assess a deal being offered and determine if I am getting what I deserve. End result, I decline to make a deal.

Now, that may not be a bad thing. I know a few pros refuse to make deals. But given that I am still a relative newbie, I figure it may often be in my best interest to take a deal. But since I can't quickly figure it out, and I don't want to LOOK like I don't know what I am doing (I mean, I think it appears that I know what I am doing when I'm playing, so exposing my ignorance in deal making would just lead the more experienced players to realize I haven't often been in this situation and then try to take advantage of that fact in obvious or more subtle ways) I just decline to make a deal.

How about some education on deal making? The general principles, what to look for, how to protect your interests, and typical deal structures? Please?

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2002, 08:08 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
bill,

i think sklansky's book has a good concise section on dealmaking...i could be wrong though, it may be from another book, but pretty sure it was TPFAP...nothing serious about dealmaking, just mathematics and calculations...the jam has been spread...

later...

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2002, 09:22 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Man, you're getting jam all over EVERYTHING...

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2002, 09:38 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
andy glazer did an article or lesson here in the school regarding deal making. go to his class room and you will find it. it explains all you will need to know to make a deal. hope this helps,

jmuzzey

Old
Mon Oct 28, 2002, 10:15 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I'll go look for it...thanks!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com