Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Finally

Old
Finally - Tue Oct 29, 2002, 05:09 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
I have had aces cracked by 72o. I have been outdrawn by the best of them. But last night I had a real beauty - and makes my personal hall of bad beats.

VERY early in the NLHE freeroll I find 88 in early position. I don't raise - not that it would have mattered. Another mid-position limper. And then a nice raise from a late position player - popping about $600. I know their pp is bigger - but its early and if I don't hit my flop I fold and still have plenty of stack to build from. Other limper also calls.

Flop 875 rainbow. I hit.

I want to bet enough to discourage a str8 draw if its out there. But I don't necessarily want to discourage my overpaired friend. I make a pot size bet - which is almost $2000. The limper goes all-in. (??).

What could he have? I have to believe that he has hit a lower set. And if he flopped the str8 with a 46 or 69 well bless his little gamblin heart - in my mind that wouldn't even make my top ten bad beats. Both the overpair and I call. I can't recall the turn - but the river is a 6.

My overpair pal had pocket Qs ( I actually predicted Js)
I died with my set of 8s
And our lucky all-in raiser won with a K4o - making the gutshot on the river with a 6. He actually went all-in on the dumb end of a gut-shot.

Limper apologizes, QQ fumes, and I stare at the screen in disbelief.

OK - I feel better now (well not completely)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com