Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Study Groups

Old
Study Groups - Wed Oct 30, 2002, 01:08 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Tina/Mark, regarding Nolan's post today, would the school be planning on coordinating study groups for members? I think it's another good feature to promote the school to new members and perhaps keep some of the current members interested.

There must be a few study groups among the members already. Anyone want to open up to new members?

FWIW, Den

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2002, 02:59 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I know there once was a Thursday Night (I think) study group each week, but haven't read anything about it lately.

It would really be cool if we got study groups together and occasionally Rolf, Mark, and/or Nolan (and the others) would pop in occasionally.

All that you (we) need to do is join up in a (private) chat room somewhere, IRC or whatever and start. I prefer the text based systems to using a mic so you can save the rolling text for later review.

I am interested in any ongoing study groups and/or new ones that are forming, gotta get ready for the WPO...

Gojacketz

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2002, 04:52 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
while I don't have a formal study group, I know I have and will continue to exchange ideas and questions with other school members. Sometimes I do it in the Advanced Poker Forum, sometimes via e-mail, sometimes via private chat. I've always been willing to help people, and I know a number of people have helped my game tremendously when I've asked.

Anyway, point I'm trying to make - is if you have a question that you think I might be able to help you with, just ask. If I don't know the answer, I'll ask someone else. If I do know the answer, I'll probably still ask someone else just to get their opinion as well.

Hazy

Old
Wed Oct 30, 2002, 05:15 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
How about an on line "Advanced Poker" chat room. I kinda thought that was what Ironside was trying to achieve with his chat room. I also thought (havent checked and too lazy to check) Poker Pages had an integral chat room. Could this technology be applied to PSO? Perhaps set up a standard time for meetings? Perhaps have some of the "instructors" join in the "chat session"?

Have I heard this before some where? Im getting a serious case of de ja vu.

Bob

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com