Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Round II - Sat 8 p.m. events

Old
Round II - Sat 8 p.m. events - Sun Nov 03, 2002, 09:21 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
What's the logic of scheduling the Saturday round II monthly event at 20:00 CST?
Isn't this a pain even for the central + eastern US time zones, assuming you last to the later stages?
Meanwhile it's a 2 a.m. start for Europe and unplayable for anybody keeping to a 'normal' daily life schedule.

cheers

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2002, 01:26 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Some might say the same for 1.00pm on a Sunday but I think we have done the best we can to suit everyone. The only reason we have 2 weekend events is to do our best to cater to all time zones. This is the biggest problem we face trying to be a global cardroom.

Mark

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2002, 03:01 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
mark
i dont have a normal life so for me its ok
but i see the point of view of some of the brits on a saturday its too late to play without sleeping all day sunday and on a sunday if your going to finish well in it you could be playing at 1am or later and not great for those having to get up at 6 or 7 for work on monday morning.

swapping the times round so that the 1pm start was on a saturday and the 8pm start sunday means that the brits can play the saturday event (unless other half wants a night on town) but this has disadvantage of being a littl more awkward for the people in the USA

only soultion i could offer is that in any future promotion along the same lines that 1 weekend out of the quailify period have the time reversed.

Old
Sun Nov 03, 2002, 03:53 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside
only soultion i could offer is that in any future promotion along the same lines that 1 weekend out of the quailify period have the time reversed.
Rotate the times somewhat, month to month?

As it stands, Euro players can only ever reasonably play in one Round II event per month, and even Sunday is difficult if, as Iron says, you have to be up early for work on Monday.
With the wonders of email communication, I can't see any reason to have the schedule cast in stone the way it seems to be. But maybe it's more difficult than that. Dunno.

cheers

Glenn

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com