Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Fancast Fix

Old
Fancast Fix - Mon Nov 04, 2002, 02:30 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
For those of you who have had problems accessing fancast as of late, like I did, recieving an error message about controls not being initialized - I have the fix.

I emailed fancast and they said that folks with downlevel internet exporer were having problems. He suggested I download the latest version - which I did for free from the Windows Update site. Voila - no problems now.

Hope this works for y'all,
oil doe

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2002, 05:21 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Didn't work for me on XP. My 2000 Pro machine works just fine, but not this one.

I am on IE 6.0 with SP1, even reinstalled it, no dice.

I looked for the tech support email, but couldn't find it, only their execs. Can you please give me that email so I can bug them?

Thanks,

Gojacketz

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2002, 05:49 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
Sure GoJ. I emailed Doug Di Canio at doug@fancast.com and got a response within 24 hours. Sorry that didn't fix you up, but maybe they'll have other suggestions. I did mention to him that they had NO technical advice online.

Good Luck,
oil doe

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2002, 07:39 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojacketz
Didn't work for me on XP. My 2000 Pro machine works just fine, but not this one.

I am on IE 6.0 with SP1, even reinstalled it, no dice.

I looked for the tech support email, but couldn't find it, only their execs. Can you please give me that email so I can bug them?

Thanks,

Gojacketz

Had the same problem with WindowsXP. Had to apply the system service pack and then it worked fine. Here is the link for it.

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/default.asp

Hope it helps.

Good Luck.

Old
Mon Nov 04, 2002, 09:12 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
I put Service Pack 1 on it last week, still didn't work.

I am working up an email for them with all my details.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Gojacketz

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com