Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

with no vaseline...(playing more than one table and bankroll management)

Old
with no vaseline...(playing more than one table and bankroll management) - Mon Jan 31, 2011, 03:09 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Only been playing for a few hours and have lost quite a bit of money (for me) - every kind of low down river hitting that you can imagine and am starting to feel more than a little stretched by this site. After being lulled into a false sense of security by one night of best hands holding up and making a fair bit on sit and gos I decided to play more at once than i usually do.

Guess this is kind of bankroll related; I know what sort of limits are safe for me to play at but should I be taking into account how many games I play at once? I've lost more than 10% of my bankroll in a short amount of time due to getting sucked out on a crazy amount of time in one sitting. Kind of time that makes you want to cash out and try somewhere else.

How many tables should I be playing at once? I'm comfortable playing 4 but that's 4x the suckouts - I thought that odds would even out if you play more than one at once, but clearly it doesn't work that way.

This is coming at a time where I planned to take poker more seriously, play more and put in a lot more time. First hand I played tonight I lost a big pot to a gutshot river hitter, guess I should have taken that as a sign. Don't want to reduce the stakes that I play at and I see people have a lot of success playing more than one games at once. Should I maybe go down to 2 tables?

How long does it take for someone to take bad beats like a man? Been playing casually for about a year and it's getting a lot easier but when I get screwed out of so much at once I doubt my ability to play at serious stakes. Seeing pros on TV losing hundreds of thousands to river hitters...man, there would be murders.

Anyway, too much rants mixed in with my question so will clarify; should how many games I choose to play at once figure in with my bankroll management? Is it wise to reduce stakes if you want to play more than one game at once?

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 04:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I have found that playing on two sites at the same time brings more rewards than staying with just the one. On occasion I have three sites up with with a total of five tables running.

The other two sites are a mixture of money games (all micro stakes) and Bankroll Builder type freerolls.

Without the aid of any software (at present I do not use any at all) I find five is about the max I am comfortable with and four if I am in the money on a couple (which at the moment I seem to be, particularly on one site).

Taking notes is very difficult though as the tables demanding attention keep interrupting.

I find having two sites open aids the concentration since moving between two different layouts is refreshing on the eye and therefore helps with concentration.

MB

Last edited by wwwMBeecouk; Mon Jan 31, 2011 at 04:56 AM..

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 06:29 AM
(#3)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com