Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Top Pair + Nut Flush Draw Bluff

Old
Top Pair + Nut Flush Draw Bluff - Mon Jan 31, 2011, 03:24 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Same question as always: good or bad, and how could I have improved?

This was early in an MTT. I was playing more aggressively than usual, but fairly tight. I had recently called a shortstack's 56s preflop all-in with my AQo, and the guy beat me with a straight. I think I'd shown down only strong hands, but I had suffered a few chip swings. I got in cheap, tried to check-raise the flop, managed to check-raise the turn, then bluffed the river. I wasn't sure I was behind when I bluffed the river, but I figured that the chips were getting in one way or another, so I might as well grab whatever fold equity was available if my opponent didn't have the nuts.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t2210)
UTG+1 (t3005)
MP1 (t1720)
MP2 (t1665)
MP3 (t2980)
CO (t1840)
Button (t1965)
Panicky (SB) (t2645)
BB (t2000)

Panicky's M: 44.08

Preflop: Panicky is SB with 5, A
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t40, 1 fold, MP2 calls t40, 3 folds, Panicky calls t20, BB checks

Flop: (t160) J, K, A (4 players)
Panicky checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks

Turn: (t160) 9 (4 players)
Panicky checks, BB bets t120, UTG+1 calls t120, MP2 raises to t240, Panicky raises to t1000, 2 folds, MP2 calls t760

River: (t2400) 10 (2 players)
Panicky bets t1605 (All-In), MP2 calls t625 (All-In)

Total pot: t3650

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com