Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

The Nature of the Beast

Old
The Nature of the Beast - Mon Jan 31, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Human Nature.

I feel that I'm civil and nice to most people for most part. People picking on bad players or teaching other how they should or should not play at the table irk me a little and will set me off. O yeah, and sore losers who curse and swear when leaving the table irk me also. Other than that, I'm very calm at the tables.

I'm just trying to see how many of us are evil, like I am. I'm watching the contenders on the t10 ladder play as I sit out and wait out the rest of the month. I encourage them all and wish them all good luck, but, why do I get such pleasure out of watchin them fall out. Is it that I'm inherently a bad person? (bad speller for sure)

Is it just me or are there other good pso's out there that feel the way I do?

Please thoughts and comments.

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 03:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
An interesting question.

I think you are right to congratulate the front runners, however you should genuinely be happy for them... in most cases. There are a few egomaniacs that deserve to be taken down a notch or two however for the most part we should relish in the victories of the front runners.

Your time will come and there is no reason to secretly or overtly take pleasure in their failures. I don't think you are a bad person perhaps just feeling a little bitter?

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 04:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
Played the last PSO I could last month in the 5:30 (my time,EST) event,cashed,knew I would be in the top 98 after that event posted on the leaderboard,but knew it would be close and that I had roughly 50-100 players behind me that I was rooting for to come up short in the last 2 events of the month.

You worked at this all month and you have qualms over taking satisfaction in people coming up short of catching you?

dat oughta punch you in the you-know-whats................provided she can find them that is. LOL

Good luck you 2,I know sitting on that result at the end is torture,been there,done that.

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Not qualms Moxie. I'm not berating myself. And thank god. dat doesn't do much in these forums. tho, she is asking more and more of late. I was just waxing poetic for a moment and thought I'd make this post. lol

Lots less to sweat now. L_Goose just busted out. I'm sooo bad.

Last edited by sharkatack89; Mon Jan 31, 2011 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: update

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 04:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Human Nature.

I feel that I'm civil and nice to most people for most part. People picking on bad players or teaching other how they should or should not play at the table irk me a little and will set me off. O yeah, and sore losers who curse and swear when leaving the table irk me also. Other than that, I'm very calm at the tables.

I'm just trying to see how many of us are evil, like I am. I'm watching the contenders on the t10 ladder play as I sit out and wait out the rest of the month. I encourage them all and wish them all good luck, but, why do I get such pleasure out of watchin them fall out. Is it that I'm inherently a bad person? (bad speller for sure)

Is it just me or are there other good pso's out there that feel the way I do?

Please thoughts and comments.

All i can say eventhough we are on the same team and try to help each other out with our games all of us are still trying achive the same goal my opinion is that it must be human nature for some part of us to want the other person to do bad so we can pass them on the leaderboard just like 24 in nascar wants to beat the 48 team but me personally dont hold any bad fellings against anybody that may fellings of rooting against somebody because that same person is usually trying to help you at one point or another in that same month so dont feel bad you are a good dude hope this helps

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Good answer papa girth!

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 04:52 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKICK View Post
Good answer papa girth!
I concur Tex...its the natural competitive spirit...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com