Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Bad Beat at the worst time.

Old
Bad Beat at the worst time. - Mon Jan 31, 2011, 09:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
O.k. everyone, I have a bad beat for you. I have pocket nines under the gun. I limp and the flop comes Q 9 6. I go all in and am called by 2. The turn another 6 (great I think) and the other 2 go all in. One has Jack 6 and the other Q 10. I have them dominated, until the river. Yes you guessed it another Q. I was in 26th place in league at that point and it put me out in 718 place out of 1500. I lost 12 points and I am now in 52. Cannot believe my luck . With an ITM finish I could have been 10th but instead I guess pokerstars had other plans for me. Well I guess I will have to try again next month.

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 09:41 PM
(#2)
** Moved **

Old
limping 9's - Mon Jan 31, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
Im not a great player but I think most will tell you that limping in with the pair would have warded off the J 6 player as a jack had flopped on the river you would have been out also. The Q 10 player may have gone with you with the preflop raise as this is a very loose leaque I have noticed but even then your odds would have been 50% vs 1 player compared to 33% vs 2 players.
Also yes bad beats happen, keep your chin up and keep swinging.
cheers the Hamster

Old
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 10:35 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
The Jack 6 guy was a real donk calling any raise so I was afraid of going out early. I normally would raise pocket 9's however, with this type of player I was afraid to lose early so by limping I was still in the game if the flop did not go my way. Also he was very lucky and chip leader I may add. Anyway, it happens and thanks for the support. Good luck in the next month Hamster!

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:38 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinks2 View Post
The Jack 6 guy was a real donk calling any raise so I was afraid of going out early. I normally would raise pocket 9's however, with this type of player I was afraid to lose early so by limping I was still in the game if the flop did not go my way. Also he was very lucky and chip leader I may add. Anyway, it happens and thanks for the support. Good luck in the next month Hamster!
ALOT OF TIMES THERE IS NO REASON TO RAISE WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING

TO CALL ANY AMOUNT WITH ANY 2 CARDS

GOOD LUCK NEXT MO.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com