Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Tracking Software

Old
Tracking Software - Mon Jan 31, 2011, 10:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Does anyone use poker tracking software? If so, which ones and what are your opinions as far as how it has helped your game?

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 09:08 AM
(#2)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Fri Feb 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 02:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I was just checking out Holdem Manager and it looks reallyl nice. But the price for HM and its apps is very expensive. Which apps are the best? And are there any apps that are not really needed?

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 02:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
I run Poker Tracker 3 and it has paid for itself over and over

All I can say is If you are serious about playing Poker and making $$$$ you should be using HEM or PT3

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 02:54 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0o0AcEo0o0 View Post
I was just checking out Holdem Manager and it looks reallyl nice. But the price for HM and its apps is very expensive. Which apps are the best? And are there any apps that are not really needed?
in live training dave is having a class on this feb 10th

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
okay thanks!

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 05:08 PM
(#7)
Deleted user

Last edited by deleted_username; Thu Feb 17, 2011 at 11:54 PM..

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 05:19 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
I run Poker Tracker 3 and it has paid for itself over and over

All I can say is If you are serious about playing Poker and making $$$$ you should be using HEM or PT3
+1

Very big help to my game as well. Just need a HuD developed for live tables now

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'm currently using PokerTracker 3 on the 90 day free trial. I have a lot of hands imported, but not really sure what I'm suppose to do with all that information.

Dawn

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 06:54 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I've got a full registered version of PT3 for both Omaha and Holdem and it's paying for itself. I did use the free trials though before I decided to drop the coin for it.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 09:34 PM
(#11)
You should find this very useful.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...old-em-Manager

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:50 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Before using any tracker software check out this

5.5. EXTERNAL PLAYER ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS (EPA). PokerStars prohibits those External Player Assistance Programs ("EPA Programs") which are designed to provide an "Unfair Advantage" to players. PokerStars defines "External" to mean computer software (other than the Software), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g. web sites and subscription services). PokerStars defines an "Unfair Advantage" as any instance in which a User accesses or compiles information on other players beyond that which the User has personally observed through the User's own game play. We encourage you to read our Prohibited Online Software FAQ.

there is a long list of allowed and not allowed software be careful some of the ones I heard mentioned here seem to be on the prohibited list

Behanbad

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:52 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I was always told that PokerTracker3 was one of the ones that was allowed.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:55 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
there is a whole list on this page

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

I'm just saying to check the list carefully make sure they can't come back and bite you .
I think this is the key sentence

PokerStars defines an "Unfair Advantage" as any instance in which a User accesses or compiles information on other players beyond that which the User has personally observed through the User's own game play

Read more: Tracking Software - Page 2 - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1CxWKhK5Q

behanbad

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 10:58 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
The line is usually in whether the external software makes decisions and takes action for the player. If it can run and play without user intervention it is not allowed. PT3 & HEM provide information that assist the player to make decisions but doesn't actually take actions for them.

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:05 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
the line is wether you are utilizing a database or paid service that gives you info on players

which are designed to provide an "Unfair Advantage" to players. PokerStars defines "External" to mean computer software (other than the Software), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g. web sites and subscription services

2.Any program that works off of a central database of player profiles or hands played is prohibited.

I'm just making sure the person who started this thread is aware there is prohibited software

behanbad

Old
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#17)
(Head Trainer)
Yes, it's always prudent to check the lists in PokerStars TOS before purchasing a software. HEM and PT3 are both acceptable to use.

Dave

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:52 AM
(#18)
Since: Dec 2009
General synopsis of an exhaustive post over at 2+2 is that HEM is best for cash players and PT3 picks up for the MTT crowd. The edge is slight but the folks over there discern an edge in the cash arena.
Really it's whatever works best for you so i suggest an exhaustive use of the trial periods for both.

Hope that helps

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Yea that definitely helps ... I think I am going to just use the trial on both of them each for a couple weeks before I decide.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#20)
Since: Dec 2009
I forgot to mention - someone posted earlier that Macs have the option of PokerCopilot...PT3 is available for Macs as well and is robust. It's one of the only larger commercial DB/Huds for the Mac platform

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com