Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

TAZZ'S FastCurve Poker Challenge...

Old
TAZZ'S FastCurve Poker Challenge... - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
The majority of the players here at PSO are looking for excitement in their online poker experience... Well, my friends, that is exactly what awaits you if you have the intestinal (and gastric--) fortitude to undertake Tazz's FastCurve Poker Challenge.
I'm sure everyone is in awe of those who inhabit the front page of the PSO Leaderboard. I, myself would like to extend my congratulations. But I have sensed the boredom in many posts, with the leaders who are just running WFO (in Grand Prix terms, and perhaps NASCAR, Wide F'in Open) to the end of the month.
That's where the Fast Curves Poker Challenge comes in. The object is to achieve a 20k place change within one month of competition.
Now I hear people murmuring, 'But Tazz, that's impossible, no one can effect that dramatic a change.' WRONG! I, myself, accomplished that very feat. On January 11th, I was in the money. (i.e. the top 1000) I then looked up the lowest (or is that highest? The Worst...) ranked player and mimicked his play, or lack thereof. I used some of the reading techniques I have learned at PSO to determine which hands could beat my holdings, and then bet into them... By January 19th, I was at 1418 points: in 11,726th place... I then did a 180 for the remaining 12 days and finished at 1616.93 pts. and 1627th place (pending the 2200 pm results, which are positive points--) Now I'm sure some of y'all are better at math than me, but I believe that's >20k in position displacement...

Last edited by tazz864; Tue Feb 01, 2011 at 12:37 AM..

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
darn u tazz. I was thinking of this same thing. Tho, I was going to do it when the bell curve changed for me a little. the challenge I was going to propose was a 10K+ ranking first and then a mad dash for t10. the winner being the largest differential. Since u can't hit 10K plus until we get that many players which is mid month at least. U'd have to make your climb from mid month. Was going to get sign ups and money added and everything. Oh well gl to ya. I'll be joining your fast curve challenge once the t10 becomes too tough for my play style. -shark

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:49 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
darn u tazz. I was thinking of this same thing. Tho, I was going to do it when the bell curve changed for me a little. the challenge I was going to propose was a 10K+ ranking first and then a mad dash for t10. the winner being the largest differential. Since u can't hit 10K plus until we get that many players which is mid month at least. U'd have to make your climb from mid month. Was going to get sign ups and money added and everything. Oh well gl to ya. I'll be joining your fast curve challenge once the t10 becomes too tough for my play style. -shark
That's an admirable feat, to say the least, however, the way I approached it was up-down-up... By just going from down to up, you only move in one direction, no turns, nothing curvy, just fast...

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 03:29 AM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
The majority of the players here at PSO are looking for excitement in their online poker experience... Well, my friends, that is exactly what awaits you if you have the intestinal (and gastric--) fortitude to undertake Tazz's FastCurve Poker Challenge.
I'm sure everyone is in awe of those who inhabit the front page of the PSO Leaderboard. I, myself would like to extend my congratulations. But I have sensed the boredom in many posts, with the leaders who are just running WFO (in Grand Prix terms, and perhaps NASCAR, Wide F'in Open) to the end of the month.
That's where the Fast Curves Poker Challenge comes in. The object is to achieve a 20k place change within one month of competition.
Now I hear people murmuring, 'But Tazz, that's impossible, no one can effect that dramatic a change.' WRONG! I, myself, accomplished that very feat. On January 11th, I was in the money. (i.e. the top 1000) I then looked up the lowest (or is that highest? The Worst...) ranked player and mimicked his play, or lack thereof. I used some of the reading techniques I have learned at PSO to determine which hands could beat my holdings, and then bet into them... By January 19th, I was at 1418 points: in 11,726th place... I then did a 180 for the remaining 12 days and finished at 1616.93 pts. and 1627th place (pending the 2200 pm results, which are positive points--) Now I'm sure some of y'all are better at math than me, but I believe that's >20k in position displacement...

Um,how do you say it?.........................

Wait,wait,I got it.................

You're really quite mad you know..............

Just sayin'

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
Um,how do you say it?.........................

Wait,wait,I got it.................

You're really quite mad you know..............

Just sayin'
Actually, one says it this way:
'You know, you're really quite mad...'
And all of the best people are--

I'm just saying

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
I'm going to join you in this, since they have made it harder to make the money. I think I'm going to still play my premium hands, though, and play them aggressively

Old
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:12 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Folks are DEMANDING (sometimes not very nicely, neither...) that the Fast Curves Challenge remains on the front page. As a result, I am taking it upon myself to bump it up to the front without singin' a dag-burned foolish bump song--

I'm just sayin...

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:10 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
i moved up over 2000 spots from one tournament.. i could do this!

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:51 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmice123 View Post
i moved up over 2000 spots from one tournament.. i could do this!
Excellent... Remember, though, you hafta move DOWN past 10k (once there ARE 10k...) THEN back up. That makes the fast curvy...

Im just sayin...

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 10:52 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I don't like this idea because if it's distorting effects. It amounts to taking the league seriously at the beginning and end of the month and treating it like a joke in the middle of the month. And there is really no challenge in dropping massive amounts of points.

You could make a similar challenge without distortions by using a two month period. In the first month, play only on the first throught the fifteenth. In the next month, start play on the 15th. Best cumulative point total (or highest combined finishes) for the two month period wins the challenge.

Old
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 11:10 AM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeviathan View Post
I don't like this idea because if it's distorting effects. It amounts to taking the league seriously at the beginning and end of the month and treating it like a joke in the middle of the month. And there is really no challenge in dropping massive amounts of points.

You could make a similar challenge without distortions by using a two month period. In the first month, play only on the first throught the fifteenth. In the next month, start play on the 15th. Best cumulative point total (or highest combined finishes) for the two month period wins the challenge.
I don't know how much it distorts things. I believe it takes learned skills to read your opponents holdings and bet into them if your hand is weaker... Of course if you view it as not taking the league seriously, it WILL be a distortion. If 'bad beats' are really as prevalent as some naysayers claim, falling 10k might take some skill. I know climbing back up does.

It takes alot less fuel (it's LESS of a challenge, for the analogy-challenged) to maintain one's altitude (high-ranking) than to achieve it from a lower altitude(lower ranking). It's even easier when one begins with a smaller field.

Old
Sat Feb 05, 2011, 11:10 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Boy howdy, it is a sad statement when something fast and curvy gets relegated to page 3...

I'm just saying....

Old
Sun Feb 06, 2011, 11:36 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Boy howdy, it is a sad statement when something fast and curvy gets relegated to page 3...

I'm just saying....
Actually, I was taking the 'word of the day' challenge, and wanted to use the word "relegate" in a post.

Last edited by tazz864; Sun Feb 06, 2011 at 03:11 PM..

Old
Ok! - Sun Feb 06, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#14)
Ummmmmm BUMP!

Old
Mon Feb 07, 2011, 10:44 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Over 9k members have played at least one PSO tournament and it's only the 7th of the month. In order to effect a 20k change, one must drop 10k and return up 10k within 1 month. This may not be as difficult as it was in January because of the rapidity in which participation reaches 10k.

I'm just sayin

Old
Mon Feb 07, 2011, 11:53 PM
(#16)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
you sure

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 11:20 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
you sure

Sure about what?? Umm, since it IS my challenge and I DID make the rules, yeah, I'm pretty sure of the rules...

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 04:54 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
I am gettng close to to leg 1 of the challenge. Nearing 10k rank.

Stay tuned!!!

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDean View Post
I am gettng close to to leg 1 of the challenge. Nearing 10k rank.

Stay tuned!!!
Actually, isn't leg one being in the money when it hits 10k? Or are you doing a Down-up-down-up?? You're a wild man...

I'm just sayin'

Old
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:19 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
I thought it was down then up?

Getting to 10k is harder than I thought it would be anyway!

I have played 15 events, and I'm down to aobut 9300 or so (to prep for when it gets to 10k).

There is someone already under 1300 tho!

Like 1272...

THAT takes effort to be that truly bad.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com