(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
blinds and pay outs are different,

hmmm.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 10:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
The blinds looks the same to me, although you now get an extra 60 seconds of time bank every so often. The payouts though, are paying less places for the same amount of players as before. And the registration limit is now 10,000. So it's going to be harder to make the money now.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 10:41 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Anyone else remember the first day of last month? This may be a mistake on the payout structure as it is only 10%, usually PSO freerolls pay out around 13% for the money.

Good news is PSO staff will get it right in the end, they always do.

And boys and girls I'm sure most of you have already noticed this league went up a notch in difficulty in January and I'm sure February will only get tougher. A quick comparison of December to January shows huge increases in pts required to make top 400, top 300 and top 200 levels.

Also in December 328 players scored 1800 pts or higher, January that number is up to 390. February should be one sik competitive month -Good luck all and may the best player win!!

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 11:09 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
I agree this looks like a mistake, similar to what happened last month when the first two league tournaments of the month had the wrong payout structure and were later corrected.

I don't think PSO would change the payouts without warning. Although the change in the maximum entry from 2000 to 10000 may possibly have been deliberate, as the old limit was close to being reached on occasion.

As to the strength of the competition, it really did get tighter at the top didn't it? But with a 16.5% increase in total players in January, it was perhaps no wonder there was more competition and higher thresholds for the money placings.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytton View Post
I agree this looks like a mistake, similar to what happened last month when the first two league tournaments of the month had the wrong payout structure and were later corrected.

I don't think PSO would change the payouts without warning. Although the change in the maximum entry from 2000 to 10000 may possibly have been deliberate, as the old limit was close to being reached on occasion.

As to the strength of the competition, it really did get tighter at the top didn't it? But with a 16.5% increase in total players in January, it was perhaps no wonder there was more competition and higher thresholds for the money placings.
i agree it's a mistake, i don't think with everybody crying about the clock use they would add time. somebody used the wrong template. that's just my opinion
good luck all

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:30 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Well, just finished the 10am tourney and in the old format would have been in the money, but finished 19 out of the "new money format". Will see how the points work out for that now.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:33 PM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
We have in fact made a slight change to the payout structure for Feb (and future) Leagues. The payout structure is now 10% and we feel that this is more in line with the real world and makes for tougher competition which in turn we believe will lead to a higher standard of play in the league events.

I was supposed to post this info last week but unfortunately It slipped past me and I overlooked making that post.

Apologies for not posting sooner

Good luck in the League Feb

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:38 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post
We have in fact made a slight change to the payout structure for Feb (and future) Leagues. The payout structure is now 10% and we feel that this is more in line with the real world and makes for tougher competition which in turn we believe will lead to a higher standard of play in the league events.

I was supposed to post this info last week but unfortunately It slipped past me and I overlooked making that post.

and you added time ??

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:41 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
Well, just finished the 10am tourney and in the old format would have been in the money, but finished 19 out of the "new money format". Will see how the points work out for that now.
what was the change? i didn't see it.i went out 180 i think.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:48 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahmani381 View Post
what was the change? i didn't see it.i went out 180 i think.

Last month 180 would have been a cash with 1300 players, and now it is 135.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:58 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnnancy View Post
Last month 180 would have been a cash with 1300 players, and now it is 135.
thank you makes things harder.i all ways use 22% for start of pos points.does that change?

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#12)
Quote:

Its not gonna lead to a 'higher standard of play'

its just gonna make it more difficult for the players who have figured out how to itm without getting a big stack

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:38 PM
(#13)
So if 10% payout is more in line with the "real world" when will Pokerstars be changing it's real money tournaments to match? Because currently those pay out about 15%.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#14)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
So if 10% payout is more in line with the "real world" when will Pokerstars be changing it's real money tournaments to match? Because currently those pay out about 15%.
PS has some 10%, some 15%, some 20%. Live tournies are mostly 10% (some 8%, some 15%).

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:42 PM
(#15)
Since: Nov 2010
does this effect the points system? 10% is tough i guess this would completely change the look of page one at the of the month

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:

LOL Guess your not doing your job good enough.. Only fooling...

I think the new structure will be great once everyone gets used to it. Will actually make players actually play instead of sitting back once they have a somewhat comfortable stack.

Good Luck all
Drew300

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:46 PM
(#17)
Quote:

not a good sign... more bingo players..lol

itm - atleast 3 hours

ciao

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
My two cents........the 10% payout structure will not eliminate the HORRIBLE play by most in these games. They just go from game to game and bust up for entertainment value. The only option to make this league a higher competitive league is to make players qualify somehow. Not just answer a question or two to qualify. Been said before and I am certain someone will post again this month. We can't have 16K quality players. The 5K that are will not stay. Most will move on. This leaves a few hundred trying to make things correct. Good Luck with that. One can only bang their head on the wall so long guys.

JT

Old
hmm - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#19)
not sure what to make of it yet but, the old way sure did suck, lets give it month before we start
bitching

cheers

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 02:31 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Well, PSO has been good to me. I think it's time I move on now though. I just can't see myself spending even more time every tourney, all month long. I'm sure I'll dabble in one or two here and there, but the frustration far outweighs the rewards now.

I got my bankroll started with PSO winnings. It has been a great platform to get started. If I have learned nothing about BR management, then I will be back when I lose it.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com