Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

February Prediction

Old
Default
February Prediction - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 12:54 PM
(#1)
PresBruno's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 294
BronzeStar
The era of scores in the 1900's is over. Top 10% payout will kill that.

Also, now we have the same amount of money to fight over with MORE people... that is ridiculous.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:02 PM
(#2)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
I think the increased competition might lower the average score. I guess we'll see.
 
Old
Default
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:33 PM
(#3)
IroncladMerc's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 581
They're just slowly training us to accept a real freeroll payout structure, like the 1% payout like Full Tilt freerolls pay out.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:19 AM
(#4)
blindmice123's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
The era of scores in the 1900's is over. Top 10% payout will kill that.

Also, now we have the same amount of money to fight over with MORE people... that is ridiculous.
do you think fewer games will be played? or fewer points awarded per game?
i'm just asking so i know why you think the 1900's are going to be gone..


Last edited by blindmice123; Fri Feb 04, 2011 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: forgot to put my ~ö
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:27 AM
(#5)
Noevo's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 85
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindmice123 View Post
do you think fewer games will be played? or fewer points awarded per game?
i'm just asking so i know why you think the 1900's are going to be gone..

Let me translate what pres said for ya; I gonna make an excuse right now why I won't hit 1900 this month, and since I don't think I will obviously no one else will be able to

I think I got that about right
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 02:46 AM
(#6)
PanickyPoker's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,168
I think that the idea is that, with more competition in the field, it will be harder to acquire points. Therefore we should all generally score worse than we have in prior months even if we play the same. Since it should be harder for everyone to acquire points though, the top scorers won't change much. That might be faulty logic, though.
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#7)
tazz864's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,143
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBruno View Post
The era of scores in the 1900's is over. Top 10% payout will kill that.

Also, now we have the same amount of money to fight over with MORE people... that is ridiculous.
Wow! Talk about your 'half-emptiers.'
More people=more chips in play. More chips one can acquire fro players lower on the PSO-learning curve than oneself. This could equate to a deeper run, which it will take to make the reduced % of money spots.
Once again, I believe this is an example of the original poster thinking in a vacuum.

Im just sayin...
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#8)
blindmice123's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noevo View Post
Let me translate what pres said for ya; I gonna make an excuse right now why I won't hit 1900 this month, and since I don't think I will obviously no one else will be able to

I think I got that about right
~giggles~
you have a warped sense of humor; i like you

thanks everyone - i can see there are a couple ways at looking at this idea.
myself, i am thinking the points won't change at all
but, that is just my own small opinion. it's only worth about 2¢



____________________________________________
run in - grab the cheese - run out mouse in da house
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 06:16 PM
(#9)
hobojim11247's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,388
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
Wow! Talk about your 'half-emptiers.'
More people=more chips in play. More chips one can acquire fro players lower on the PSO-learning curve than oneself. This could equate to a deeper run, which it will take to make the reduced % of money spots.
Once again, I believe this is an example of the original poster thinking in a vacuum.

Im just sayin...
Tazz, I' m just askin, did you mean the OP was thinking "in" a vacuum and not "with" a vacuum. Or would either preposition work?
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#10)
tazz864's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,143
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojim11247 View Post
Tazz, I' m just askin, did you mean the OP was thinking "in" a vacuum and not "with" a vacuum. Or would either preposition work?
...on a vacuum?? IDK
 
Old
Default
Fri Feb 04, 2011, 06:25 PM
(#11)
Da Sens Fan's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,118
/points at how many days are in Feb (just another factor to consider)

____________________________________________
You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper.
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com