Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Rake Back

Old
Rake Back - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
ChromeStar
I am playing a lot but I can not see how if any rake I get for my playing. Do you do anything to receive Rake og to receive better Rake? Please tell me about how it works
Maxidane

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
If you are asking how to get a kickback on the tournament fees and the cash game rakes, you'll have to be a gold-star ranked player or higher. You'll not be getting any of that back, not at this level.

Anyway, all the games in the school are freerolls. Hard to refund something when the fees are zero.

If you mean "rank," then you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Everyone is at the same level since the month just started. Go to the leaderboard and you'll see how you are doing.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#3)
Hi...Maxidane...and welcome to PSO...if I'm understanding your question correctly...then the answer is you do not get any rake...PokerStars gets rake usually in the form of a percentage of real money pots and tourney fees...hope this helps...GL and see ya around.

BULLS

Old
Thanks for your help - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 03:09 PM
(#4)
ChromeStar
You say PokerStars get Rake. Am I a PokerStar? or is that only the proo's?
Im playing S&G and Tournaments for real money. dont I get Rakeback for that?
I really dont understand how it works

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 03:27 PM
(#5)
PokerStars version of rakeback are VPPs (VIP player points) and FPPs (frequent player points).

Here's the link to the VIP Program - how to earn them and the benefits available.

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/

To check your FPPs, open the cashier screen and they're displayed below the real money/play money summary. From the cashier screen, hit the VIP Status button to see your monthly and yearly VPP accumulations.

Old
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#6)
The answer to your question is NO (no rake back)
Most sites will give you a rake back (cash) through another website, NOT PokerStar

Like the others have mentioned, you do get a sort of rake back in FPP's and VPP's

Old
There I learned a lot - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 03:41 PM
(#7)
ChromeStar
Thanks
Now I understand much more. And know how to track my status.
Nice day to you all.

Old
Hey - Thu Feb 10, 2011, 09:08 AM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
Could somebody tell me what's rakeback?

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 01:07 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSz44 View Post

In simple terms, if you spend a dollar in tournament fees and/or rake at the ring games, the site will refund a portion, say ten-cents, as an inducement to play more. I understand some of the PokerStar pros pay nothing as an inducement to be on the site.

Old
Thu Feb 10, 2011, 03:31 PM
(#10)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxidane View Post
I am playing a lot but I can not see how if any rake I get for my playing. Do you do anything to receive Rake og to receive better Rake? Please tell me about how it works
Maxidane
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSz44 View Post

As usual, our more than helpful group has great answers to your questions.
Just wanted to welcome you both to the pso and the forum.
I will be sending you both a pm with some info, but as you see, you can always ask questions to the community and expect good feedback.
Best o' luck you two.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com