Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

PSO Poker Advancement Group

Old
Default
PSO Poker Advancement Group - Tue Feb 01, 2011, 04:48 PM
(#1)
JT_Sooooted's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,407
BronzeStar
This has been mentioned in another forum by someone else. However, the theory is this. An advanced group picked by admin/mods/members, whatever. Discuss and choose what is best for the PSO. Of course this would have to be approved by Staff or the powers that be. But, if you want a league for the players. You must use the players imput.

Thx
JT
 
Old
Default
Great idea JT - Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:09 PM
(#2)
dirtdigger13's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 16
I mentioned something similar to this in another part of the forum and I really do believe there should be 2 leagues. One advanced league for players who score above 1500 points and a beginner league for new players and players who finished below 1500 the previous month. It would really help to improve the play in the advanced league for the people who really want to play serious poker not bingo. It would help the play in the beginner league as well because if the players want to play for the real money they have to earn there way into the advanced league


Dave
 
Old
Default
Wed Feb 02, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#3)
tommo1987's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
BronzeStar
im in agreeance to some extent, however at the same time the second classleague would not eradicate the problem of bad players catchin through bad play, even these players will invariably score enough points to get into the higher tier. (though it would be minmised).

also, we want the low rankers in the tourne. so long as you are paying careful attention to whats on the board and using reverse implied odds, you should be damaged too frequently by these isiots and they should keep you in cips at the middle stages ofthe tourney.

thats not to say that it isnt damn frustrating though!
 
Old
Default
beginners/advanced schooling - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:16 PM
(#4)
GoddessUS's Avatar
Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
BronzeStar
i agree, ty
 
Old
Default
pso poker advanced group - Wed Mar 02, 2011, 11:21 PM
(#5)
GoddessUS's Avatar
Since: Mar 2011
Posts: 3
BronzeStar
good idea, where do i sign?
 
Old
Default
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 01:55 AM
(#6)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
This is so stupid that it should not even be a thread. There are less donks on PSO than in the real world and if you cannot play against donks then forget playing poker.

End of.

**Closed**
 
Old
Default
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 06:27 AM
(#7)
JT_Sooooted's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,407
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by topthecat View Post
This is so stupid that it should not even be a thread. There are less donks on PSO than in the real world and if you cannot play against donks then forget playing poker.

End of.

**Closed**

You got some problem?

JT
 
Old
Default
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 08:11 AM
(#8)
topthecat's Avatar
Since: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,962
Unfortunately I have too many problems to relate on this thread but thanks for the concern anyway JT; much appreciated.

However, I would just suggest that having an elitist group who play textbook poker with each other and do not include people who do not play by the rulebook will not help improve anyone's game.

As I said in an earlier thread, watch the High Stakes Poker Series. Lex Veldhuis, Ivey, Durr, Gus Hansen, Antonius, Elky, Beyamine, Galfond. In fact no one playing with the exception of Mike the Mouth plays conventional poker.

If people are really serious about improving their game, then they have to be able to adapt to all types of players and not throw their rattles out of the pram when their premium starting hands get beat.

If you have a valid point that can demonstrate that an "advanced group " (and I use that term loosely) would actually improve the performance of the participants either within the PSO framework or in normal Pokerstars games; then I am all ears (no offense to donkeys, rabbits or elephants intended).
 
Old
Default
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#9)
buffalohead's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 95
you could call it the advanced clock watchers league....
maybe have all different fonts customizable for peoples countdown timers...
that would be really neat, a gothic number count down
followed by a hellvetica,
followed by .
ooh theres soo many fun fonts to choose from!
top the cat for moderator
 
Old
Default
Thu Mar 03, 2011, 09:52 AM
(#10)
buffalohead's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 95
i THINK the thinking is that the advanced league is the CASH TABLES
this is training wheels
stay with them as long as you need too
some sharks will still be swimming around trying to pick up some of this soft free money with some odd plays
if you dont understand a play ask the "donk"
maybe he was trying out a new style
as is advocated here
this is a school
try to learn
theres a lesson in every hand!
 
Old
Default
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 01:48 PM
(#11)
Flop4Me72's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 9
BronzeStar
Poker takes all types of players.
If it wasn't for Donks, where would the "easy pickins" come from? lol

I'll be the first to admit....I learn something new everyday playing here.
Since taking the new "MTT" course, I've learned that some of the players who I might have thought as donks, are actually playing valid MTT strategy. Plus.....this is a "Poker School".....are all the players supposed to be Pros?

When I get "donked" out, I am finding that it is ALWAYS because I made a dumb play or call or underestimated the player I was playing against. I have finally made the top 1000 because I am learning how to recognize when I am about to get donked and I fold. Thank you PSO, I get to learn this for free.

Having said all this.....I think it would be cool to have a special ticket or monthly game or something for the top 1000 or 100 or whatever. I would like to be able to watch the Great, consistent PSO players go at it ( and would even more like to play against them ) Maybe a top ten tourney or something?

Hey! to all my favorite players out there.
-Flop
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 09:09 PM
(#12)
solasius's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalohead View Post
you could call it the advanced clock watchers league....
maybe have all different fonts customizable for peoples countdown timers...
that would be really neat, a gothic number count down
followed by a hellvetica,
followed by .
ooh theres soo many fun fonts to choose from!
top the cat for moderator
Don't forget wingdings!
 
Old
Default
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 09:11 PM
(#13)
solasius's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop4Me72 View Post
Poker takes all types of players.
If it wasn't for Donks, where would the "easy pickins" come from? lol

I'll be the first to admit....I learn something new everyday playing here.
Since taking the new "MTT" course, I've learned that some of the players who I might have thought as donks, are actually playing valid MTT strategy. Plus.....this is a "Poker School".....are all the players supposed to be Pros?

When I get "donked" out, I am finding that it is ALWAYS because I made a dumb play or call or underestimated the player I was playing against. I have finally made the top 1000 because I am learning how to recognize when I am about to get donked and I fold. Thank you PSO, I get to learn this for free.

Having said all this.....I think it would be cool to have a special ticket or monthly game or something for the top 1000 or 100 or whatever. I would like to be able to watch the Great, consistent PSO players go at it ( and would even more like to play against them ) Maybe a top ten tourney or something?

Hey! to all my favorite players out there.
-Flop
It's called PSO WARM UP get over 1550 in at least 5 games
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 02:10 AM
(#14)
ssuglia's Avatar
Since: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,393
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by solasius View Post
It's called PSO WARM UP get over 1550 in at least 5 games
It was 1525...

And it ended nearly 3 weeks ago...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 04:43 AM
(#15)
mugabe101's Avatar
Since: Nov 2010
Posts: 85
If there is to be such a group then I think that it should not take prize fund away from the main pso league, It should have a separate prize fund. It should also have a buy in, even if it is only a $0.10 or $0.25 buy in. And the tournaments in it should be open to anyone that has finished in the top 1000 at least two times, or the top 500 once.

Just my thought,

Mugabe
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 08:56 AM
(#16)
JT_Sooooted's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,407
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugabe101 View Post
If there is to be such a group then I think that it should not take prize fund away from the main pso league, It should have a separate prize fund. It should also have a buy in, even if it is only a $0.10 or $0.25 buy in. And the tournaments in it should be open to anyone that has finished in the top 1000 at least two times, or the top 500 once.

Just my thought,

Mugabe
There is not a group such as this and there never will be. These guys don't care about better poker. They just need more players and more deposits.

End of Story!
JT
 
Old
Default
Playing with donkeys - Fri Apr 15, 2011, 11:21 AM
(#17)
Annunaki76's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
BronzeStar
An advanced league is needed, as playing PSO with the donkeys that come in on a freeroll, shoving any two and calling with rags that make incredible hands is akin to playing any sport with people that will not play right. Would you play baseball with someone who insists on running the bases backwards?
It's not about learning to play with the donkeys, any poker table is going to have people that play erratic from time to time, that's good poker. Playing silly every hand, that's just ruining the game for everyone.
 
Old
Default
Tournament Schedule - Tue Apr 19, 2011, 02:39 AM
(#18)
buburebista's Avatar
Since: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
BronzeStar
Considering the latest developments related to U.S. players, I think it would be a good idea to reschedule PSO tournaments . Keep starting hours, but "moved" to CET time instead of ET.
As with all the men have found the number of participants fell by almost two thirds.
 
Old
Default
txcntry - Thu Apr 21, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#19)
txcntry's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 3
BronzeStar
good idea you have. I was at 145 fell to 159 when they quit letting u.s. players play, so you would tll not be getting the best, because your missing the u.s.a. and I know Poker stars could contributeto the right personnel to getU.S> at least back in SO.

Last edited by txcntry; Thu Apr 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: name
 
Old
Default
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#20)
Link2me's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 73
I disagree, I think the league is fine the way it is!!! put it this way Mi_turtle is considered by a vast majority of players a big ole DONK yet if you were to look at how much he won in the past 3 months it is well over 400 000 $'s, even though majority of people consider him a donk and he loses many many many cash tourneys compared to the amount he wins... he comes out on top with his style of play.

As well if you can not handle the stress of a soo called donk then you ought to call it quits with respect to poker ONLINE and in RL...because majority of players in both worlds are donks.And the soo called advanced players use what they know about donks in general to there advantage, if you can not do this than it is my opion even though you may be sitting in the top 100 in this league, your not as advanced as you think you are if you can't handle the donks so to say.

Donks imho don't ruin the integrity of the game they amplify it to where as a well versed player can take advantage of there style of play from time to time and chip up.

If everyone played like a nit the reality of poker would be lame and unintersting you would not see aces get bad beat in the WOOOOOSOOOOOOOP by 10 3 on FT IN the WOOOOOOSOOOOOOOOOP and see the look on dudes face when it happens or you would not of seen durkie I think his name was balling his eyes out fustrated with emotion that his PP aces got slammed and his ash out of the WOOOOOOOOOOOOSOOOOOOOOOOOOP with only 2 tables left.

As for the states if they want to play in a pso play money league as it stands I think that is feasible considering they are not allowed to play for real money atm online period as accordding to the current laws in there country.

It should remain the same as it stands right now. At current we only have 500 max players each and every tourney since the americans were banned, what you are proposing is to cut that number by almost 3/4 ejecting the donks to play only agianst eachother... lol that is halarios the advanced leage as you would have it with the current numbers in the pso would consist of roughly what 30 people haha that's a joke in it's self.

Next time before you consider posting a idea think about all the ramifications/aspect on how it would affect everyone.

I feel for the Americans and fact is they can no longer play on pokerstars as it stands, everyone that can still play has to accept this fact for the time being, play money is the only option they have and the pso can not allow them to play for cash bottom line, play money for the moment online at stars is the only option they have soo push for a play money pso league is your best bet if you want to play in tournaments with your american friends as for myself I can't say I miss the lot of them at all.

Anyways that is my take on this thread cheers and see you on the felt peoples. NOM NOM NOM

Last edited by Link2me; Thu Apr 21, 2011 at 05:03 PM..
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com